Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fats24 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 days ago

Manoj cannot be redeemed. Yes, he's behaving like a monster and he doesn't think twice while torturing her. Amy too looks dangerous.

Ashane25 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Love triangles are the best theme for running a serial.......however I don't think so Indian audience (majorly middle aged ladies) will like it as they are more into characterization based on societal norms where it will look morally wrong to see "A woman with two man, than a man with two woman(if he isn't involved in anything wrong)".......smiley24

About manipulative side of marriage which leads to seperation it can't be directly wrong - just by choice many times and I personally don't like small matters made big.....dramas are meant for drama, so in that if there is scope of little toxicity, gaslighting becomes invisible as everyone is filled with flaws ......

About show I think they aren't clear still or maybe didn't execute things well and a lot is about to come.....bhagwan jaanesmiley30

Edited by Ashane25 - 8 days ago
Ashane25 thumbnail

You can try Chandragupta Maurya (old one) if you are interested in historical stuffs, it was one of the best shows I have ever watched.....thore hi dekhein hain waisesmiley36

Dihiva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

Writing a manipulative Manoj would also have been more educational for the audience. Many of us are not aware of the manipulations or the gaslighting that can occur. It is only when we hear others experiences we get to know such things happen. Even then, we find it hard to understand. It is why many people find it hard to follow why someone would get divorce if there wasn't outright physical abuse or cheating. So a death of a marriage through emotional abuse would have been more interesting for viewers to watch. Like you said, it ensures the character gets set for a long run. There is more of a triangle because some will think the husband can change while some will want her to move on to a new love Arjun. So it could have lent to good chatter on whether one should stay or not in a toxic relationship. If they made Manoj multi-dimensional, it would have been more confusing for the audience.

But I think they wanted him all out evil so that people can cheer for a love story with Arjun. However, that logically means this drama should end soon. So they will drag it out with some silly twists that make no narrative sense...

It would have made sense to do something along these lines for the longevity of the show. Or they should have shown Megha really manipulated into feeling happy about her marriage and husband for a while so the audience gets a chance to connect to her personality and feels emotional anticipating what would happen to her when the truth dawns on her at some point. Even if they wanted to show Manoj as pure evil, it should have been very gradually revealed to the audience and Megha.

Here, Megha practically knew the next day of her marriage everything Manoj had done, still chose to go to a foreign land behind him.. for what? To get strangled by him? I too don't connect to what exactly she was expecting when she already knew most of the truth about him. Amy thing is the only new thing she found out.

She should have stayed in India, taken some action on the in-laws, done some studying like her dad suggested and waited for Manoj to come to her, imo. Then, there would have been some scope for Manoj to redeem himself, the cvs would have time to figure out what exactly they want to show Manoj as and make a proper decision.

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Exactly @diva; it is hard for me to feel sorry for Megha that she is getting bad treatment when she knowingly walked into the situation despite being warned. Even she herself is unclear about what exactly she wanted out of this trip. She seemed super naïve -- did she want him to tell her face to face that the entire marriage was a sham? She really is kind of stupid..

Ashane25 thumbnail

Megha's character is totally dumbo......and because of her even other characters are getting sidelined either by villanization or no story smiley16.......

Fats24 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

When Manoj was trying to choke her she did get some flashbacks but now it's too late. She should have listened to her father before taking such a drastic step. I think even Arjun had asked her to forget Manoj multiple times but she was adamant to meet him and refuted all his advice. I'm not saying she should have waited for Manoj like her bua and Jassi. What if she hadn't met Arjun? Manoj has ulterior motives. He wants to sell her off. I'm sure he won't be successful but still it's dangerous. She was stupid to have trusted the fraudster.

A4Anjie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

This entire sequence feels like a joke that I was mostly amused. smiley36 I can't take this drama seriously at all. I have no idea why this chick left her home and then is pikachu shocked that this guy is different. He stole money from you girl and you thought he would be good to you???

- even after megha saw what his phone is full of - she went there ALONE smiley37

It feels like the actors playing Manoj and Emy are really enjoying playing villain. smiley37 Emy especially seems to be giving it her all. It is rather amusing.

No idea why Arjun is there to play hero. Does he play hero to every stranded Indian out there? Does he have some sort of desi pride? What is motivating him?

- they should have shown some back story - like ....arjun had info of manoj being connected to one of that fraud dulhas after mm got married .. & megha's mom saved arjun's dad or other family member or even arjun in childhood from some major mishap - so he is feeling obligated to save megha & return the favor megha's mom did!

None of the arcs right now make sense narratively. So, I am just watching since I don't have any other dramas to watch. Feel free to recommend any nice Hindi serial worth checking out.

Added thoughts in green!

Edited by A4Anjie - 8 days ago
AninditaB thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 days ago

Manoj should rot in hell. That's all I want to say about today's episode.

Dihiva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 days ago

Episode today - Megha hit Manoj with a pan on his head and he fainted after struggling for a while. She ran out and called Arjun who was nearby. He came and tried to comfort her. Inspired her to go to the police station and file a complaint on Manoj. At the PS, they were waiting to arrest Megha as Manoj had filed a complaint against her that she tried to kill him.

Thanedarni came home and says she will fight.