Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fats24 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 days ago

Originally posted by: phoolrudra

Today's episode is the logical progression of yesterday. In this show, they are proceeding realistically It is not rocket science that Arjun will come and save Megha just like that... He does not have any power there and Manoj is still there... Thanedarni suspended quite natural

Totally agree. If Arjun was in India he could have handled the whole situation by himself. But, in Georgia he doesn't hold the same power. All he can do is go to the police and file a complaint. He can't do anything beyond that since he's in a foreign land. And, I agree with you about Arjun trying to search Megha. He can't find her in a jiffy. It will look quite unrealistic.

Fats24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shalu_libra

I don’t understand the point of making Manoj so evil. smiley18 Kinshuk obviously has a big role - how on earth are they going to redeem him?

He's beyond redemption. He's become dark from grey.

shalu_libra thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bhshre95

Seriously all this violence was totally uncalled for. I mean he is a fraud okay but why try making him an abuser and almost a murderer. Watching him manipulating everyone was much more interesting. Him trying to kill people is scary to watch. I haven't watched last two episodes and they seem to be dragging it so much. On the other hand Megha's family is suffering so much her mom also got arrested I think. The show is turning very dark now

Exactly! The manipulative Manoj was interesting to watch. And with all this attempted murder, rape & p*mping, they have effectively destroyed the character arc of one of the leads already. smiley5 Manoj is impossible to be logically redeemed. I don’t know if they had planned this for Manoj or it’s due to TRP pressure.

Fats24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhshre95

Seriously all this violence was totally uncalled for. I mean he is a fraud okay but why try making him an abuser and almost a murderer. Watching him manipulating everyone was much more interesting. Him trying to kill people is scary to watch. I haven't watched last two episodes and they seem to be dragging it so much. On the other hand Megha's family is suffering so much her mom also got arrested I think. The show is turning very dark now

I think they're showing reality. This might be happening with girls who get married to fraud NRIs. I guess it will be Arjun who will things fine after Manoj gets caught.

Fats24 thumbnail

Exactly! The manipulative Manoj was interesting to watch. And with all this attempted murder, rape & p*mping, they have effectively destroyed the character arc of one of the leads already. smiley5 Manoj is impossible to be logically redeemed. I don’t know if they had planned this for Manoj or it’s due to TRP pressure.

I don't care about Manoj being destroyed. He's not the male lead anyway. I like Kinshuk but not in this show. I have no sympathy for people like him. A manipulating person too can't be accepted.

shalu_libra thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Fats24

I think they're showing reality. This might be happening with girls who get married to fraud NRIs. I guess it will be Arjun who will things fine after Manoj gets caught.

There is no issue in showing these things if Manoj character was temporary. But he has a long role ahead - that’s where this decision is losing.

Responding to your other comment: Kinshuk is one of the leads. If we go by Geet, he might be closely related to Arjun. They might even plan a love triangle since Geet had it. Other than this, Kinshuk can have no role.

Edited by shalu_libra - 8 days ago
Dihiva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

They should have shown that he manipulates Megha a lot more from Georgia itself or once in a while visiting India and keeping her on his side. His parents also could have been shown in a lighter, more manipulative tone rather than straight out thugs and rowdies. Meanwhile they could have properly established the characters like Megha, her family, Arjun, his family, etc. For a few months at least, Megha could be kept under the impression that she is happily married and slowly the truth reveals itself. Then, her pain for trusting and loving Manoj could also have been well established. They just rushed through everything like their pants are on fire and now its too late. Manoj has turned into a monster who I would never want to be redeemed or back in Megha's life other than in a full time villain role.

Megha going to Georgia was too soon in the show. It could have been done a few months into the show. Because once Megha goes to Georgia, this track and Manoj's role have to find their logical end. They will not be able to stay in Georgia and shoot forever.. they will have limited time and the track will have to end. Everything seems so rushed and the torture seems unending!

Resham thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Dihiva

They should have shown that he manipulates Megha a lot more from Georgia itself or once in a while visiting India and keeping her on his side. His parents also could have been shown in a lighter, more manipulative tone rather than straight out thugs and rowdies. Meanwhile they could have properly established the characters like Megha, her family, Arjun, his family, etc. For a few months at least, Megha could be kept under the impression that she is happily married and slowly the truth reveals itself. Then, her pain for trusting and loving Manoj could also have been well established. They just rushed through everything like their pants are on fire and now its too late. Manoj has turned into a monster who I would never want to be redeemed or back in Megha's life other than in a full time villain role.

Megha going to Georgia was too soon in the show. It could have been done a few months into the show. Because once Megha goes to Georgia, this track and Manoj's role have to find their logical end. They will not be able to stay in Georgia and shoot forever.. they will have limited time and the track will have to end. Everything seems so rushed and the torture seems unending!

+1. I have opined earlier as well that Georgia was too early to show..it seems rushed now...

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

This entire sequence feels like a joke that I was mostly amused. smiley36 I can't take this drama seriously at all. I have no idea why this chick left her home and then is pikachu shocked that this guy is different. He stole money from you girl and you thought he would be good to you???

It feels like the actors playing Manoj and Emy are really enjoying playing villain. smiley37 Emy especially seems to be giving it her all. It is rather amusing.

No idea why Arjun is there to play hero. Does he play hero to every stranded Indian out there? Does he have some sort of desi pride? What is motivating him?

None of the arcs right now make sense narratively. So, I am just watching since I don't have any other dramas to watch. Feel free to recommend any nice Hindi serial worth checking out.

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Writing a manipulative Manoj would also have been more educational for the audience. Many of us are not aware of the manipulations or the gaslighting that can occur. It is only when we hear others experiences we get to know such things happen. Even then, we find it hard to understand. It is why many people find it hard to follow why someone would get divorce if there wasn't outright physical abuse or cheating. So a death of a marriage through emotional abuse would have been more interesting for viewers to watch. Like you said, it ensures the character gets set for a long run. There is more of a triangle because some will think the husband can change while some will want her to move on to a new love Arjun. So it could have lent to good chatter on whether one should stay or not in a toxic relationship. If they made Manoj multi-dimensional, it would have been more confusing for the audience.

But I think they wanted him all out evil so that people can cheer for a love story with Arjun. However, that logically means this drama should end soon. So they will drag it out with some silly twists that make no narrative sense...