Live Jive: Concerts & Live Performances

Music Theme

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Posted: 2 months ago

Hello Music Lovers,

Recorded music is a convenient way of visiting our favorite songs whenever we want to, pulling up our favorite playlists, and experiencing that clear, pristine, studio-mixed version of the song by the original artist.

But you've got to admit there's a certain charm in experiencing Live music. Watching either the big artists or smaller performers live before you. Raw, unfiltered and unadulterated by any studio sounds. Loud, yes. But also thrilling.

Experiencing the joy, the beauty, the essence with hundreds and thousands of fellow fans, the collective fervour is not just interactive but a whole lot more engaging. Singing along, dancing, and even getting the artist to take your song request! It's like Theater Vs Movie, a live Cricket match Vs one on TV. You feel a whole lot closer to the music and the artist/s. Which is why many music lovers spend exorbitant sums of money to go see their favorite artists live.

This thread is for sharing all such Live Music experiences.

Have you ever been to a live concert?

It could be a big star like Taylor Swift or Beyonce or a local artist in your neighbourhood. It could be a busker on the street or at a mall, or it could be at a private, exclusive mehfil that you were invited to.

Any or all live music experiences are welcome. They can be recent ones or something you went to years ago but haven't been able to forget the thrill of being there.

Do share:

The concert, the artist's names, the month/year (if you recall it) and the place it was held at

The songs performed (if you remember them)

The live experience: What you remember most about the concert. It doesn't have to be the concert itself, it can be the party you went to afterwards, it can be someone you met there that became a lifelong friend, it could be the sets or the experience of meeting the band/ artists afterwards. Anything at all that's stayed with you.

Restrict it to one performance/ concert per post so it's easy to quote you and have discussions around that particular concert.

Do not post:

Privately recorded videos of the event/ concert that could raise copyright concerns

Pictures of the artists with you/ personal pictures

Any other copyrighted content

Let's share our favorite and most memorable live music stories!

Who knows, you might find someone right here who went to the same concert you did!

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

Dance Divas

It is a very good initiative, Lizzie, very interesting as well. smiley20

Thanks for the thread and for tagging me. smiley27

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

It is a very good initiative, Lizzie, very interesting as well. smiley20

Thanks for the thread and for tagging me. smiley27

Thanks, Madhu. Do share your live music experiences too!
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

I still remember the M.S. Subbulakshmi concert I went to years ago. Probably one of her last concerts at Shanmukhananda Hall in Mumbai. I was a child then, but somehow the memory still lingers. M.S. Amma's beatific smile and her eyes closed in devotion and bliss, turned heavenwards, dressed in a rich Kanjeevaram, her trademark bindi adorning her forehead, the gajra of jasmine flowers adorning her grey hair. I can't remember a single song she sang, but I can remember the respectful silence of the audience, heads swaying in rapt attention, and then the aahs and oohs of appreciation and the applause after she finished a song.

Some memories are stronger than the experience itself. Nothing spells nostalgia like this.

What are your most memorable live concerts?

CID-fan-394 thumbnail

Regional Rhythmists

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

I still remember the M.S. Subbulakshmi concert I went to years ago. Probably one of her last concerts at Shanmukhananda Hall in Mumbai. I was a child then, but somehow the memory still lingers. M.S. Amma's beatific smile and her eyes closed in devotion and bliss, turned heavenwards, dressed in a rich Kanjeevaram, her trademark bindi adorning her forehead, the gajra of jasmine flowers adorning her grey hair. I can't remember a single song she sang, but I can remember the respectful silence of the audience, heads swaying in rapt attention, and then the aahs and oohs of appreciation and the applause after she finished a song.

Some memories are stronger than the experience itself. Nothing spells nostalgia like this.

What are your most memorable live concerts?

This sounds magical but unfortunately i have never attended a live concert

ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Rainbow Reign Pride Participant 0 Thumbnail + 3

Interesting topic and thanks for the tag LizzieBennet.

I've been to many singing competitions when I was in school... even have friends who perform gigs... and while I've attended their practice sessions, I never got the chance to attend a proper concert. The closest I've gotten is attending live music / orchestra at cafes around the town.

So, while I've got no particular concert experience to share... I agree that listening to live music is an inexplicable phenomenon, and the belongingness with the crowd at that moment is an exceptional feeling smiley10.

Love,

Stuti

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Originally posted by: ssttuuttii

I've been to many singing competitions when I was in school... even have friends who perform gigs... and while I've attended their practice sessions, I never got the chance to attend a proper concert. The closest I've gotten is attending live music / orchestra at cafes around the town.

So, while I've got no particular concert experience to share... I agree that listening to live music is an inexplicable phenomenon, and the belongingness with the crowd at that moment is an exceptional feeling smiley10

Well, live music anywhere counts! So you can share your cafe experiences too!
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Vying for Vintage

Interesting topic. I agree watching someone sing live in front of vast audience with all the music and beats is altogether a different experience. I wish to experience it too once in my life but somehow the huge ticket prices dampen my interest.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

Interesting topic. I agree watching someone sing live in front of vast audience with all the music and beats is altogether a different experience. I wish to experience it too once in my life but somehow the huge ticket prices dampen my interest.

True. Ticket prices can be pretty prohibitive especially when it comes to bigger artistes. But I’ve seen even the smaller gigs can be fun. Even if they only do covers. Also, Indian musicians - the classical artists - don’t tend to charge heavily for their concerts. I’ve attended so many Classical music concerts. Shakti is one of the highlights. They played in Pune University grounds years ago: the line-up was amazing! Vikku Vinayakaram, Mandolin U. Srinivas (before his untimely death smiley19), Shankar Mahadevan, Zakir Hussain and John McLaughlin. The atmosphere was electric! Did not imagine Shakti would have such a huge turnout but they did. It was positively vibrating with excitement. One of the best live experiences I’ve had.
Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 months ago
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Wah that's a good topic Lizzie. Wish I can talk more but I will have to leave out few details. Obviously can't say more on social media post..

Yes concerts or live program i have seen. Very memorable ones.

Kishore Kumar concert. It was beautiful funny energetic as Kishore Kumar himself was and melodies of that time...well that particular concert turned out to be memorable for many reasons. One Kishore Kumar my fav and seeing him live performance was thrilling. Other points can't tell but it was wonderful

Lata mangeshkar concert and special appearance by Rajesh khanna another of my fav . He danced in his style to chupp gaye saare nazare oh kya baat ho gayi. Aaye haaye from far off seeing Rajesh khanna was still a dream but dekha toh sahi

Then there were more where in fact all the great singers of those era r no more but new singers performed to their song. It was almost equal to going back down the memory lane.

So that's my story