FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 months ago

OK so after these academic stuff, I am making a fun thread

If a movie is made on Maurya dynasty whom you want to see in it.

Sharing my list

Chandragupta Maurya-- Hritik Roshan

Durdhara -- Deepika Padukone

Chanakya-- Amitabh Bachhan

Dhananand-- Sanjay Dutt

MudraRakshas-- Shatrughan Sinha

Ambhik -- Vidyut Jamwal

Porus -- Anupam Kher

Malayketu-- Kunal Jaisingh (man in my DP)

Alexander-- Tiger Shroff

Bindusaur -- Jr. NTR

Dharma-- Shriya Saran

Sushima's mother (dont know the name)-- Sanaya Malhotra

Asoka-- Ranbir Kapoor

Devi-- Alia Bhatt

Kaurviki -- Katrina Kaif

Upagupta-- Vicky Kaushal

Sushima --Tarzan ka hero too (Indrajit in Adipurush)

Share your list (also add other characters if you want)

Also tag others

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Already there have been so many ITV shows on Maurya Dynasty and I hardly missed any! But no doubt, Sagar's Chandragupta Maurya was my most favourite which used to air on Imagine channel.

I was about to post one thread on Chanakya-Chandragupta on Guru Purnima, but missed it due to my tightly packed schedule that day.

Anyways coming to the topic, I liked your casting. No doubt, I would like to see HR in a historical avatar again after Akbar anyday. So HR as CGM would definitely my first choice. And Deepika will be great choice as Durdhara. I doubt whether whole Maurya period can be made into a movie anyday. But still, regarding Kaurvaki, I don't know, all the ITV shows ruined this character. Does any of you remember the CAS days?smiley37

Tagging a few!

Edited by Quantum-Dot - 1 months ago
Bhavisweet03 thumbnail

Chandragupta Maurya- Hrithik Roshan- Known for his intense performances and versatility, HR could bring a dynamic energy to the role.

Durdhara- Priyanka Chopra - Her strong screen presence and previous historical roles (like in "Bajirao Mastani") make her a fitting choice.

Chanakya- Naseeruddin Shah- His profound acting skills and ability to portray wise and complex characters would suit Chanakya well.

MudraRakshas- Anil Kapoor - With his extensive experience and ability to portray a range of emotions, Anil would add a new dimension to the character.

Ambhik- Rana Daggubati - His physicality and intensity, seen in "Baahubali," would be perfect for this warrior role.

Malayketu- Rajkummar Rao - Known for his dedication and depth in various roles, Rajkummar could bring a fresh perspective to Malayketu.

Alexander - Varun Dhawan - His athleticism and youthful energy could bring a unique take to the character of Alexander.

Bindusara - Prabhas - With his commanding presence and experience in historical roles, Prabhas would be an excellent choice.

Dharma- Kajal Aggarwal - Her grace and strong performances in both South Indian and Bollywood films make her suitable for the role.

Ashoka - Shahid Kapoor - His versatility and ability to handle intense roles would make him a strong Ashoka.

Devi- Taapsee Pannu - Known for her strong and impactful performances, Taapsee would be a great choice for Devi.

Kaurwaki- Deepika Padukon

Deepika's strong screen presence and elegance make her a perfect fit for Kaurwaki.

Upagupta - Ayushmann Khurrana

His versatility and ability to adapt to diverse roles would bring a unique flavor to Upagupta.

Interesting topic 😊

CID-fan-394 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

OK so after these academic stuff, I am making a fun thread

If a movie is made on Maurya dynasty whom you want to see in it.

Sharing my list

Chandragupta Maurya-- Hritik Roshan

Durdhara -- Deepika Padukone

Chanakya-- Amitabh Bachhan

Dhananand-- Sanjay Dutt

MudraRakshas-- Shatrughan Sinha

Ambhik -- Vidyut Jamwal

Porus -- Anupam Kher

Malayketu-- Kunal Jaisingh (man in my DP)

Alexander-- Tiger Shroff

Bindusaur -- Jr. NTR

Dharma-- Shriya Saran

Sushima's mother (dont know the name)-- Sanaya Malhotra

Asoka-- Ranbir Kapoor

Devi-- Alia Bhatt

Kaurviki -- Katrina Kaif

Upagupta-- Vicky Kaushal

Sushima --Tarzan ka hero too (Indrajit in Adipurush)

Share your list (also add other characters if you want)

Also tag others

My list is almost the same except for Chiranjeevi instead of big b

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

Already there have been so many ITV shows on Maurya Dynasty and I hardly missed any! But no doubt, Sagar's Chandragupta Maurya was my most favourite which used to air on Imagine channel.

I was about to post one thread on Chanakya-Chandragupta on Guru Purnima, but missed it due to my tightly packed schedule that day.

Anyways coming to the topic, I liked your casting. No doubt, I would like to see HR in a historical avatar again after Akbar anyday. So HR as CGM would definitely my first choice. And Deepika will be great choice as Durdhara. I doubt whether whole Maurya period can be made into a movie anyday. But still, regarding Kaurvaki, I don't know, all the ITV shows ruined this character. Does any of you remember the CAS days?smiley37

Tagging a few!

Oh the way Reem royally f@#ked the role of Kaurvaki and the hilarious forum posts related to it ! 🤣 I remember it well .

Yes if anyone has the height gait and screen presence of CGM , it's HR but that was his younger version . He's too old to play CGM convincingly now .

Damn ! Bollywood definitely needs some fresh blood ! I can't even suggest anyone else , someone new. All the new gen actors are total meh ! None of them have Ranbir Kapoor's acting chops or HR and John's or Arjun Rampal's good looks. Whatever happened to this industry ??

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: CID-fan-394

My list is almost the same except for Chiranjeevi instead of big b

Chiranjeevi is very good but Amitabh Bachchan has than leader of all/eldest of all aura that's why I selected him

Even selected Shatrughan Sinha as Mudrarakshas since MR shall be senior and a proper match to the aura of Chanakya . You know a proper parallel

If Chiranjeevi then I would like Nagarjuna or Rajnikant as Mudrarakshas