Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Harish111

Problem was that she did get wealth and power. At that moment she could have used it. Her kids would have bowed down to her, she was literally one of the most powerful women in India. She could have used that power to help women in her family and outside.

However she squandered that power and ran back to her abusers. She chose to run away and lose power. Which is why she is one of the worst example of female leads who encourage misogyny.

She constantly says working women are bad, she constantly asks women to compromise their rights and happiness. She constantly says women need to sacrifice and keep working while men dont. She constantly encourages women to go back to their abusers and compromise. Every time she gains power and respect she leaves it and runs away and becomes a victim again. She wants to be a victim than be empowered.

She has done way more damage to women in her life than Baa or Vanraj and in Indians audience, particularly as she is the protagonist so audience blindly follow her. It's protagonist like her who spread misogyny in society, not obvious villains like Vanraj

I have reiterated that she is an abuser and an enabler despite being a victim herself. It is sad when that happens. You'd not hear any rejoinder from me over that lol. This show is anti-women, valorises regressive, abusive systems in the name of kulcha, caricatures every feminist topic till it is reduced to meme.

Women are split in whore/madonna binary. The bad men are worst, the supposedly good man are softboi abuser-slùtshamers whom no one calls out. This show turns the audience against women when the real perpetrators are men.

Literally no victim (maybe except Mukku) has broken the cycle of abuse. They all turn abusers themselves.

No child is well parented or raised with any moral compass or sense of safety. And yet parenthood is valorised as if having no kids will turn God's green earth purple. Men liiterally do no parental labour but still spoil the children and use then as scapegoats to get what they want. Vanraj uses his grandkid to control his DIL, Anuj expected Upma (and Shruti) to put up 18-20 years of parental labour in their mid-lives for free so that he can play out his fantasies of sukhi parivaar. Upma would be 60 or something when Adhya turns 18. And Shruti should be in sexless marriage in her 40s-50s to please his daughter. While he himself hasn't even put the effort to get post-divorce family counselling with the daughter lol.

Upmaa parentified Samar and gave him a lifetime of fighting her battles and when him and his wife started prioritising themselves, they were villainised and abused.

Adhik, the wifebeater, really thinks he should be anywhere near raising a daughter because Pakhi who was groomed and beaten by him is rude or something.

Pakhi ke toh kya hi kehne, all atrocities perpetuated on her gets justified because she is rude and selfish, and she takes it out on her kid. Edit : just to clarify, being rude and selfish are not crimes. Beating your spouse and/or attempting to rape someone are crimes. Pakhi has been a victim of both.

Having said that, I do not think anyone is worse than Vanraj and the softboi abusers of the show lol. They are all trash yet Vanraj and ilk are trashier.

Edited by Blueeeee - 1 months ago
Harish111 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

I have reiterated that she is an abuser and an enabler despite being a victim herself. It is sad when that happens. You'd not hear any rejoinder from me over that lol. This show is anti-women, valorises regressive, abusive systems in the name of kulcha, caricatures every feminist topic till it is reduced to meme.

Women are split in whore/madonna binary. The bad men are worst, the supposedly good man are softboi abuser-slùtshamers whom no one calls out. This show turns the audience against women when the real perpetrators are men.

Literally no victim (maybe except Mukku) has broken the cycle of abuse. They all turn abusers themselves.

No child is well parented or raised with any moral compass or sense of safety. And yet parenthood is valorised as if having no kids will turn God's green earth purple. Men liiterally do parental labour but still spoil the children and use then as scapegoats to get what they want. Vanraj uses his grandkid to control his DIL, Anuj expected Upma (and Shruti) to put up 18-20 years of parental labour in their mid-lives for free so that he can play out his fantasies of sukhi parivaar. Upma would be 60 or something when Adhya turns 18. And Shruti should be in sexless marriage in her 40s-50s to please his daughter. While he himself hasn't even put the effort to get post-divorce family counselling with the daughter lol.

Upmaa parentified Samar and gave him a lifetime of fighting her battles and when him and his wife started prioritising themselves, they were villainised and abused.

Adhik, the wifebeater, really thinks he should be anywhere near raising a daughter because Pakhi who was groomed and beaten by him is rude or something.

Pakhi ke toh kya hi kehne, all atrocities perpetuated on her are justified because she is rude and selfish, and she takes it out on her kid.

Having said that, I do not think anyone is worse than Vanraj and the softboi abusers of the show lol. They are all trash yet Vanraj and ilk are trashier.

I think we are in complete agreement on this topic. In the show I agreed Vanraj is worse but in society a protagonist like Anupama will cause more damage.

Because they despise their nicknames given to them by their mom...

Tosu n sweetoori.