How do you guys feel about all these battle passes in games now?

Rashid2511 thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Seems like every game these days has a battle pass. I'm kinda torn - sometimes they're a good deal, but other times it feels like a chore just to get my money's worth. Plus, I miss when you could just unlock cool stuff by playing the game. What do you all think? Are battle passes getting out of hand, or am I just being old school?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vandna2511 thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago
Only game i have played with a battle pass was Diablo 4. I don't play right games to see many of them. I totally agree with you about being able to get everything by just playing the game but companies found its far more profitable to make people pay for the pretty skins. Alas going back to how it should be is unlikely as trained seals... I mean, other players, have grown up used to having to buy everything and wouldn't expect to just be given things by just playing... some might want to buy advantage. Why should they play to get things that they can just buy.,.. balancing that shows who devs value more.
Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Extremely complicated and frustrating

MerryIo thumbnail
Posted: a month ago
I just love the passes in the actions games like clash of clans, brawl stars, GTA etc etc
LaMital thumbnail
Posted: 23 days ago
Since battle passes usually have a free and paid version, I personally find it not too bad. It's better than lootboxes, which just feel like gambling imo.
S.krishNA thumbnail

Originally posted by: LaMital

Since battle passes usually have a free and paid version, I personally find it not too bad. It's better than lootboxes, which just feel like gambling imo.

What makes lootboxes feel like gambling?

WittyWilliam thumbnail
batle pass > lootbox, for sure
Surly_Devil thumbnail
Posted: 21 days ago

Originally posted by: S.krishNA

What makes lootboxes feel like gambling?

even I have no idea! You tell us

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Posted: 21 days ago

Originally posted by: WittyWilliam

batle pass > lootbox, for sure

Oh that sounds very exciting