Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Fantasy Fanatics

Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

GOF movie was pretty messed up , they removed all the important portions from the book which made the most important twist meaningless

Yeah.. Otherwise in the book, Barty Crouch Jr.’s actions made more sense. I read the book years later after I watched the movies. The way movies skipped the important details, it didn’t even generate curiosity for me to read the books. But Barty Jr. was quite a villain!

CID-fan-394 thumbnail

Fantasy Fanatics

Originally posted by: DreamOfEndless

Yeah.. Otherwise in the book, Barty Crouch Jr.’s actions made more sense. I read the book years later after I watched the movies. The way movies skipped the important details, it didn’t even generate curiosity for me to read the books. But Barty Jr. was quite a villain!

Yeah they removed Winky and Crouch Sr's subplots which was needed for Crouch jr's reveal

Also i wanted to see the SPEW subplot in the movies

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Comics Crusaders

I actually don't remember the books much. I'd read them years ago, much before the movies even came out.

But I wish they gave DT a better role. Not that he wouldn't nail a villain role.

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Ohhho Harry Potter universe still alive

Oh wow. It has been years since I read the books and saw the movies.

To be honest the later version of fantastic beasts kuch bhi palle nahi padha. I couldn't connect with magic there at all.

Well it was by chance I started reading from the boy who lived to final 19 years later ( coincidentally it's my 19 years later too on the forum 😂😂).. it has been long journey..

Where do I start.. Harry yr a wizard or leviossaaa or what..

Let me gather my thoughts and my memories too.

On this note I m not sure if any of you were in Harry Potter forum before.

We used to have long discussion on the time turner part.

Maybe some r inactive now or hibernated or changed userid .

Mine still same. So if anyone remember me from that time lemme know

I will be backkkk

CID-fan-394 thumbnail

Fantasy Fanatics

Hello everyone!

Welcome to Diagon Alley yours!

This is the ultimate place to gather and immerse in the enchanting world of Harry Potter. From the corridors of Hogwarts to the bustling streets of Diagon Alley or the mysterious suitcase of Newt Scamander, let's explore every spell, potion, and creature that makes J.K. Rowling's wizarding universe so captivating.

Whether you're a seasoned fan or just starting your journey, in this discussion thread, we invite you to delve into the complex characters, share your favorite moments, debate the most powerful spells, and unravel the mysteries behind magical creatures.

You can discuss any story related to the Wizarding universe created by J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter books, headcanons, related movies, the Fantastic Beast series, alternate universe, What if scenarios, Harry Potter fan fiction, you name it!

But before delving further, let us look at the rules for this thread:

1. Do not engage in fan wars. Respect others' opinions and remember that everyone is entitled to their own favourite aspects of the series.

2. Healthy, respectful debates are encouraged, but keep them constructive.

3. Respect everyone's right to discuss and enjoy non-canon couples. Shipping is a personal preference, hence all ships are valid within this thread provided the ship isn't an adult and a minor.

4. Clearly label discussions if it is about non-canon to avoid confusion. This would help members who prefer canon discussions to navigate the thread easily.

5. Mature Content discussion NOT allowed. Keep it PG-13.

Rules related to HP universe fanfiction discussion:

1. Feel free to discuss, recommend, or critique fanfiction.

2. When discussing or sharing fanfiction, always credit the original author. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.

3. Provide content warnings for fanfiction that includes potentially triggering content. This ensures that members can choose whether to engage with it.

4. Be respectful when critiquing fanfiction. Offer constructive feedback rather than harsh criticism.

5. No Self-Promotion: While sharing fanfiction is encouraged, avoid excessive self-promotion. Share your work within reason and contribute to the broader discussion.

Communicate respectfully, stay on topic and follow IF-CoC at all times.

By following these rules, we hope to create a respectful and inclusive space for all members to enjoy and discuss various aspects of the Harry Potter universe. Let's cast a Lumos charm on our conversations and celebrate our shared love for the series and its community in a positive and engaging manner!

Tags: DreamOfEndless

Word Count: 0

nutmeg7 thumbnail

HP Thread YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

HeirOfSlytherin thumbnail
Rainbow Reign Pride Participant 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 6 0 Thumbnail + 2

Fantasy Fanatics

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

I always had this headcannon that if Fred survived after the war him and George would've polyjuiced themselves into Voldemort to scare otherssmiley36

(Ik they are scared of him but they still came up with u-no-poosmiley37)

I read this one about their sorting...

https://images.app.goo.gl/vYHTwDgE3wL4H5gh7

U-No-Poo was hilarious.. one of the funniest and underrated moments imo in HBP is this one..

“'This is the copy of Advanced Potion-Making that you purchased from Flourish and Blotts?'

"'Yes,' said Harry firmly.

"'Then why,' asked Snape, 'does it have the name ‘Roonil Wazlib’ written inside the front cover?'

"Harry’s heart missed a beat. 'That’s my nickname,' he said.

"'Your nickname,' repeated Snape.

"'Yeah...that’s what my friends call me,' said Harry.

"'I understand what a nickname is,' said Snape."

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

So I m back. First book to last book

First movie to last movie

I hv just one thing to say. If you have read books u will enjoy the movie

But if u see movie first then read books toh poora khichdi hi hona hai.

Movies skipped and changed a lot of things

Winky was important character usko gayab kar diya

Dobby had found room of requirement

Movie showed Neville finding

Dobby gave gillyweed to Harry but here Neville did

Can't remember what else they missed

But time turner to this day confused me

The execution of time turner in movie was done well but still it confused me.

End elder wand is broken by Harry whereas he repaired his own wand before returning the elderwand in Dumbledore Grave.

As of now remember this much will come bk later again

SoniRita thumbnail

Thanks for the tag and this thread. I love HP series whether its books or movies so it will be nice seeing the discussion

SoniRita thumbnail

So recently I visited Scotland and there I took the Harry Potter tour and omg I totally loved that HP tour. Saw the prints of JK Rowlings hand prints. Saw the inspiration of Diagon Alley and the cafe where Rowling used to write her books and castle which resembles Hogwarts too. Also, creatures’s statues that Rowling took inspiration and put them in her books. Lastly, cemetery where she got the names like Prof Mcg and many other.

Edited by SoniRita - 2 months ago