111 all out smiley18

3 wicket haul for Rachin smiley40

This kind of chase that too in Final is depressing smiley19

I need a nap smiley36

WAF won d MLC 2024 by 96 runs smiley40

Congrats WAF team and supporters smiley40

1184330 thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Congrats to WAF on their impressive victory!smiley10 Well done!

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

WAF was like KKRsmiley19

I mean happy and really strong team

But feeling bad for SFU

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

I am happy for Travis Headsmiley40smiley41smiley1

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Steven Smith, the skipper of Washington Freedom is the Player of the Match for his impactful knock of 88 runs in 52 deliveries consisting of 7 fours and 6 sixes.

Corey Anderson, the captain of San Francisco Unicorns is up for a chat. He says they are extremely disappointed as they came here expecting to lift the trophy and failed to do so. Adds the Smith and Maxwell partnership took the game away from them and it is hard to stop those guys when they are on song and they failed to execute their plans. Mentions they came out confident while chasing this total but they lost wickets early and they faded very quickly in the pace and lost their way in the chase. Says he is proud of the side and the way the players have played throughout. Closes by saying that this competition is going from strength to strength and is on the way up as we see more and more International stars featuring here.

Savera84 thumbnail

Corey Anderson, San Francisco Unicorns captain: (On the game) Extremely disappointed. You turn up and have aspirations of winning the trophy. We were well off the mark (tonight). (On the bowling in the middle overs) I think it is tough when you try to focus on one or two guys. Match-winners throughout and Smudge had a good day, Maxi too. They are some of the best players in the world. I think our plans were fine but we did not execute the way we needed to. We were still confident (at the half-way stage). Chasing that kind of total, you need a couple of boys to raise their hand and stand up. We faded very quickly in the piece. Don't want to take anything away from how we played in the competition. The two best teams were playing the final. Really proud of how the boys played this season and looking forward (to the next edition). I just think we had more guys put their hands up. This competition is going to go from strength to strength. The domestic players are also getting better playing against them (some of the best international players).

Savera84 thumbnail

Washington Freedom's Travis Head is the Player of the Tournament: I guess it is nice to be on a roll. Nice to keep the form going. Looking forward to a few weeks off now. (On his routine) It is pretty simple. A few of the boys are laughing (at the back). Few afternoon naps, see what the bowlers are going to have and then see (what I can do). Challenging coming into a new group. You want to perform, build relationships. Have learnt over the years to just be myself. Had a brilliant time (off the field) and that went into how we played on the field. He (Smith) went beautifully. We batted pretty well. When I missed out, he was able to get us off to a flier and vice versa. Nice to have a familiar face at the other end.

Savera84 thumbnail

Steve Smith, the Washington Freedom captain is also the Player of the Final: (On how pleasing it is to bat that way in the final) Nice to contribute, been a really good season, have enjoyed leading these boys. Had a great time off the field, played plenty of golf. Had a really good time. We just talked about trusting our processes, especially in the playoffs. Playing the moment, playing each ball and not getting overawed. Really pleased for the boys, been a fun season. Some guys don't get a game but they are a part of the squad and we try to make them feel a part of the squad. It can be hard and challenging. But everyone has had each other's backs in this group. Everyone stood up at different times. Our batting was strong. Don't think Marco even got a bat, batting at 8 and that showed how our top order and Travis at the top (batted). Made things easier for me. Netravalkar was outstanding, Lockie was outstanding. Everyone stood up at pressure moments throughout the tournament.

Savera84 thumbnail

Smith, moments after chatting to Pommie Mbangwa, heads down the aisle to where his teammates are waiting. And now....the celebrations begin. Washington Freedom, the champions of the MLC, and they have been worth every bit of their triumph. From the openers to the middle order to the bowlers, everything has been in pristine condition from the start, and after three and a half weeks of cricket, it is the best team that will go back home, adorned as champions.

Savera84 thumbnail

Faf du Plessis finishes the season as the highest run-scorer. Saurabh Netravalkar, meanwhile, is the leading wicket-taker in the 2024 edition of the MLC.