DOTM#2 : Arjuna's skill defines heroism more than Karna's integrity

Epic Narrators

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Dharma Defenders

Posted: 3 months ago

Dear all,

Everyone of you must have participated in a debate competition at least once in your life, or maybe always keen to take part in such a competition.

Hence, we have brought for you the second debate thread i.e. "Debate of the Month" in our Indian Mythology forum.

As you all are aware of, a debate is an organized argument in which the two teams (each team having a group of participants) discuss the given debate topic from two opposing sides. That is, there is one team who agree with the given topic (statement) and will be giving arguments in favour of the topic and there will be another team who doesn't agree with the topic (statement) and will be giving arguments opposing the topic statement.

So, the second topic of the Debate of the Month (DOTM) is "Skill vs. Principle: Determining the Hero in Mahabharata—Arjuna's Archery Mastery versus Karna's Moral Integrity".

Arjuna's unmatched skill in archery establishes him as the true hero of the Mahabharata, overshadowing Karna's steadfast adherence to principles, which often led to morally ambiguous decisions.

In this debate, let's explore the contrasting attributes of Arjuna and Karna to determine what truly defines heroism. On one side, Arjuna's unparalleled expertise in archery and his decisive victories in battle positioned him as a hero through sheer skill and effectiveness. Conversely, Karna's unwavering commitment to his principles, despite facing significant adversity and moral dilemmas, highlights the importance of integrity and ethical conduct. This debate seeks to examine whether heroism in the Mahabharata is better defined by extraordinary skills or by steadfast moral values.

So, what are you waiting for? Do put on your debate hats and join either,

Team A : Team Arjuna (those who agree with the topic statement)

or

Team B : Team Karna (those who don't agree with the topic statement)

and start our second debate with your arguments in favour or opposing the statement in this thread.

You can join either of the teams by clicking on the "Teams" button in Indian Mythology forum & start your debate. Tag your friends too to join the debate.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/582

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Dharma Defenders

Inviting all of you to participate in our second debate thread. Read the first post for details. Tag your friends to participate too!

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Team Arjun

Niiice one smiley31

Though already making it clear ki Mahabharat ke hero is Shree Krishna smiley36, no Arjun or Karna

And tbh both of them are not that great in terms of moral, just one is leaning more towards dharma and more towards adharma else their Nature is kind of sort of same only.

But will enjoy this debatesmiley31

I think I will be in team Arjun only 😁

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Ho interesting topic sims

Short mein all these is all about being on dharma side or adharm side

Both of them were experts in archery and warfare

Arjun had srikrishna on his side..nar and Narayan they were

And karna was on wrong side plus had curses

That's it

Who was expert

heroism in the Mahabharata is better defined by extraordinary skills or by steadfast moral values.

So guess it was both

devashree_h thumbnail

Team Arjun

I don't think this is simple Skill vs Integrity. I don't think Arjun had less integrity or principles than Karna. There is whole passage by Shri Krishna to Ashwatthama on how principled Arjun is. I will give these examples in some time.

bsnk040187 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Team Arjun

Arjuna was the greatest archer in Mahabharata. He was passionate about archery since his childhood. He honed his archery skills through constant practice, discipline and determination. Karna was killed by all the curses he had and Arjuna was just an instrument in killing Karna. Apart from that Arjuna was a master of all the divine astras.

Edited by bsnk040187 - 3 months ago
Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Dharma Defenders

To everyone, please join your team & start the debate. Details in post 1.

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Dharma Defenders

Originally posted by: RamAayeHain

Niiice one smiley31

Though already making it clear ki Mahabharat ke hero is Shree Krishna smiley36, no Arjun or Karna

And tbh both of them are not that great in terms of moral, just one is leaning more towards dharma and more towards adharma else their Nature is kind of sort of same only.

But will enjoy this debatesmiley31

I think I will be in team Arjun only 😁

Hi Shruti.. do join your team and start sharing your views.
Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Dharma Defenders

Originally posted by: chatterbox

Ho interesting topic sims

Short mein all these is all about being on dharma side or adharm side

Both of them were experts in archery and warfare

Arjun had srikrishna on his side..nar and Narayan they were

And karna was on wrong side plus had curses

That's it

Who was expert

heroism in the Mahabharata is better defined by extraordinary skills or by steadfast moral values.

So guess it was both

Please join one team this time, and start sharing your views.
Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Dharma Defenders

Originally posted by: devashree_h

I don't think this is simple Skill vs Integrity. I don't think Arjun had less integrity or principles than Karna. There is whole passage by Shri Krishna to Ashwatthama on how principled Arjun is. I will give these examples in some time.

Welcome Devi to the debate. smiley31Looking forward to read your views and examples on this topic.