Who should play Sunny Deol’s wife in Border 2?

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

It’s a coveted role in a big banner project. So many heroines will decline but probably Preity Zinta. Maybe Bahurani? smiley37
what do you think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I am sure Tabu won’t. I hope they get her character killed. smiley44 Tabu doesn’t need to cash in old glory to get a hit. She’s in a different league now and her fans won’t get anything new out of it. smiley14

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Border sequel is not like Gadar 2 where presence of Sakina (Amisha) matters to the story, or matters for the nostalgia factor.

Tabu had more or less a guest appearance in the first film. In fact, almost all actresses in the first film had short roles. So why would it matter in the second film?

And what's up with this assumption would Tabu not do the film, if asked? She is still relevant and has good connections with all filmmakers/actors in the industry. On top of it, she is still doing great at this age and stage of her career.

I would love to see Tabu in the film opposite Sunny, and it would be even better if she is given a stronger role this time.smiley20, but chances of that are low.

prerna4rishav thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

Border sequel is not like Gadar 2 where presence of Sakina (Amisha) matters to the story, or matters for the nostalgia factor.

Tabu had more or less a guest appearance in the first film. In fact, almost all actresses in the first film had short roles. So why would it matter in the second film?

And what's up with this assumption would Tabu not do the film, if asked? She is still relevant and has good connections with all filmmakers/actors in the industry. On top of it, she is still doing great at this age and stage of her career.

I would love to see Tabu in the film opposite Sunny, and it would be even better if she is given a stronger role this time.smiley20, but chances of that are low.

I dont think Tabu would or should accept this guest appearance which adds nothing to her profile. An actor at her calibre should have bigger things as a checklist to accept a script than to see what chemistry she’d make with the male lead.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

I dont think Tabu would or should accept this guest appearance which adds nothing to her profile. An actor at her calibre should have bigger things as a checklist to accept a script than to see what chemistry she’d make with the male lead.

I'd disagree on this.

I love Tabu. But I see nothing wrong in accepting a guest appearance. Big stars also do guest appearances and there's nothing wrong in it. And their fans love it.

And by fans, I am taking about actual, ticket-purchasing audience.. not social media pe gyaan dene wali audience that had written-off Gadar 2 even before its release, but theatre jaane wali janta still made it a blockbuster.

Gadar 2 worked because of nostalgia factor and the family audience rushing to theaters. Border 2 might work due to the same.

prerna4rishav thumbnail

I'd disagree on this.

I love Tabu. But I see nothing wrong in accepting a guest appearance. Big stars also do guest appearances and there's nothing wrong in it. And their fans love it.

And by fans, I am taking about actual, ticket-purchasing audience.. not social media pe gyaan dene wali audience that had written-off Gadar 2 even before its release, but theatre jaane wali janta still made it a blockbuster.

Gadar 2 worked because of nostalgia factor and the family audience rushing to theaters. Border 2 might work due to the same.

I know what you mean. I myself watch movies in theatre as much possible as I can and want to. And I watch every Tabu movie in theatre mostly first day if not first show. Ummm yeah let’s agree to disagree, but I am not sure I would go watch Border 2 in theatre which is why I dont want Tabu in it. There’s nothing for me in it as Tabu fan and I dont really care about hit or flop. I was very disappointed with her role in Border which is why I am not very keen for #2.

Yeah let her decide and do what she wants. smiley40

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Madonna...

Word Count: 1

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Isn't Tabu filming for Dune?

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Kangana smiley32

Word Count: 1

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Comedy Crew

So it was tabu opposite sunny in the first one?