Deven Bhojani shares a touching moment from Aamir at Ira's wedding

Dexterlove thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Deven Bhojani Recalls Aamir Khan Introducing Him To His Daughter Ira Khan At Her Wedding: 'I Am Here Because Of This Guy...'

Bhojani also shared a touching moment from Aamir Khan's daughter Ira's wedding. He recalled, "Aamir is very sweet. At Ira's wedding, he introduced me saying, 'I am here because of this guy.'" This gesture highlights the lasting impact of their early collaboration.

On Laksh Maheshwari’s podcast, Bhojani recounted, “Aamir and I did theatre together. Though we never acted together, as Aamir usually worked backstage. We were part of a Gujarati play directed by Mahindra Joshi, who kept him backstage.After a few shows, we had to tour Gujarat. I was pursuing my CA articleship then and couldn’t get leave from my boss. Unable to join the tour, Aamir replaced me in the play. This small role was Aamir’s first time acting on stage.”

During an appearance in a show, Aamir Khan spoke about doing Gujarati plays early on in his career. "I didn’t give up and decided to do a Gujarati play. I applied and got selected. I just had one line in that play, and I had rehearsed for it for 3 months, but 2 days before the play, there was Maharashtra bandh so I couldn’t go for rehearsals. The next day, director Mahendra Joshi was sitting there, and he asked me why I couldn’t come. I was ousted from the play and I cried. That day I felt very bad, and then two guys came and asked me if I would work on a diploma film for an FTII student. I agreed and shot for it in Pune. Another student saw that film and offered me another one, seeing these two films Ketan Mehta cast me in Holi. After watching Holi, Mansoor, and Nasir Sahab decided to do a film with me which was Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak.”

Edited by Dexterlove - 3 months ago