Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 13 days ago

Welcome to an all Asia battle. It is India taking on Afghanistan in the Super 8s. India are coming into this unbeaten but they were run close by Pakistan and USA. Afghanistan swatted aside three sides but were battered by the Windies. The wicket at Barbados though won't be what India have come across at New York. The game between Australia and England saw the former scoring 201. So, runs are expected for sure.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Pitch and weather: Lovely weather conditions. 58m, 67m square boundaries, 70m down the ground. It looks a really good pitch with a few cracks on it. The ball should come on to the bat nicely and the bowlers need to bowl in the right areas. Batters should prosper on this wicket. A bat first pitch, reckons Sunil Gavaskar.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Bishal Neupane: "In t20, I would pick Axar. Axar is looking great with the bat and bowls well. He has been a silent knight. "

Paras Dua: "I'm really struggling to understand the preference for Axar over Jaddu amongst Indian fans off late. Jaddu is a seasoned and proven big stage match winner and I'd select him any day over Axar!"

Samyak: "I see what you did here by mentioning NZ, in response to Maddy's comment." Lol, NZ have been India's bogey team, haven't they? Although they did turn that a bit in the ODI WC SF last year

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Hardik Pandya is bowling on one of the side-pitches, so is Virat Kohli.

Yamin : "Consistency is important. People are recommending Zazai, but I have never seen consistency in his performance. He score high in one match and continue poor performance in next several games. "

Prizi thumbnail

India

Yamin : "Consistency is important. People are recommending Zazai, but I have never seen consistency in his performance. He score high in one match and continue poor performance in next several games. "

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Pitch report: There is a breeze towards the ocean, hitting towards the bigger boundary could be an issue, says Ian Smith. I'd love to bat here even at this age, says Sunil Gavaskar. It's such a good pitch. Cracks will open in 3-4 days but for now it's perfect for batters. Bowlers need to hit their lengths. Batters should be able to prosper. Wristspinners are likely to be more effective than fingerspinners. He, along with Smith, say they'd bat first. Average first innings score is 167 on this pitch.

Ground dimensions (from the Malcolm Marshall End) - 68 to 74 metres from rhb's long-off to long-on. 58 and 53 metre short hits on rhb's deep-point and deep-third regions. 67 and 60 metre hits on the other side.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Aakash: "Kuldeep for Dube or Siraj would be my change for todays game." I think Kuldeep over Jadeja, despite that weakening the batting order in theory. But I'd back the six hitter over Jadeja, who hasn't been going great recently.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Kuldeep for Siraj is most likely, says Sidharth Monga, who's at the ground with a couple of minutes to go to the toss.

Rosyme thumbnail

India

India won the toss and will bat first .

Edited by Rosyme - 13 days ago
Savera84 thumbnail

India

India has won the toss and elected to bat.

Rohit is doing well tosses.