Character Analysis

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sampada_14 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Beautiful...

@Bold- you explained this so well... Truly he deserves to be chosen by her...

And the outcome of this loveless marriage, agar hoti toh is so right... Arshi is not made up for BH... Hope they will realise it soon that the girl they are prioritising over their own son, will be the only reason for their son to go away from them..

Originally posted by: rysohini

Epi 225-

There is no room for heroics, it remains as real as it can get ! The love is not strong enough to bring in the 'bhuchaal' and understandably so ! Log apne pyar ke liye kya kya nehi karte - yeh stage ayega , has not come yet !

Probably not so much of a bad thing , to try keep it real ! To show how weak and vulnerable human beings can sometimes be, when bound by family and societal norms !

To show how human beings are not ready to fight, coz they know it is a lost case ! Iss fight ka koi matlab nehi shayad, from Ani's POV, coz he would be fighting for a love that J will never accept nor acknowledge!

Kitne log aise hote honge, jo aise ghoot ghoot kar jeete honge, qki unhone apni zindegi ka dor, kisi aur ke haatho saup di smiley27 Could they have done better, probably yes and maybe no! Depends on what situation they found themselves in smiley1

Ani's path from here on, should be to empathise with J's baggage and insecurities better ! He is prepared to shoulder some of her battles on her behalf, but he is not chosen the battles that matter most to her, yet ! He can expect from J, only when he comes right with understanding her baggage better!

For J, she does what she reckons is 'right' in theory, but she is not happy with the sacrifice qki 'dil hai ke maanta nehi' ! She has a massive path to tread, where she chooses her own self, her own happiness and she most importantly she chooses Ani over the fear of 'zillat' and 'log kya kahenge' ! Qki dearie, Kuchh toh log kahenge! As if log abhi kuchh kum keh rahe ho smiley1

From a child who never had a male-figure in her life, to have one , who could die for her, with out batting so much of an eye-lid, he deserves to be chosen by her, over all else !

Both are atm not strong enough to fight for their love and not brave enough to accept the love even! But God has other plans, he always did! And of course in this battle of good vs evil, good will always prevail! God will keep giving them chances, they would have to be pro-active enough to grasp these smiley27

From now on, let this be a journey of self-discovery, self-love and self-worth for them both

As for Shrishti and Arshi, they know mann hi mann, that they are fighting a lost battle. Both know, they have lost to J ! So do Bips , Laal and Arshi's adopted parents - Tanu and Shubho ! Hence their superficial ways to keep hurting J, in an urge to avenge J ! The not so good news for this gang is - they are unfortunately pitted against God and against two innately good souls !

Truth be told, God would be doing a favour on Arshi, Shrishti and BH, by not getting Arshi wedded to Ani ! Coz the very base, the very reason why they want this alliance is so unreal and gory - revenge ! It would have been a disaster for them all, jaha alag alag samay par, alag alag log , yeh realise zaroor karte, ki yeh shaadi kitni galat thi !

And in the long run, BH's andha love for Arshi and Shrishti would have faded and they would beg Ani to divorce Arshi smiley1 If not for anything else, but for how Arshi's upbringing has been, and how her core priorities are very different from what BH's expectations would be eventually! She is a total mis-fit to this joint family set-up! And instead of standing with Ani who tries to keep this family glued up, she would stand against him and try to break it!

We can only do so much, and wish this gang "All the Best" smiley20

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Most Posts (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: rysohini

Epi 225-

There is no room for heroics, it remains as real as it can get ! The love is not strong enough to bring in the 'bhuchaal' and understandably so ! Log apne pyar ke liye kya kya nehi karte - yeh stage ayega , has not come yet !

Probably not so much of a bad thing , to try keep it real ! To show how weak and vulnerable human beings can sometimes be, when bound by family and societal norms !

To show how human beings are not ready to fight, coz they know it is a lost case ! Iss fight ka koi matlab nehi shayad, from Ani's POV, coz he would be fighting for a love that J will never accept nor acknowledge!

Kitne log aise hote honge, jo aise ghoot ghoot kar jeete honge, qki unhone apni zindegi ka dor, kisi aur ke haatho saup di smiley27 Could they have done better, probably yes and maybe no! Depends on what situation they found themselves in smiley1

Ani's path from here on, should be to empathise with J's baggage and insecurities better ! He is prepared to shoulder some of her battles on her behalf, but he is not chosen the battles that matter most to her, yet ! He can expect from J, only when he comes right with understanding her baggage better!

For J, she does what she reckons is 'right' in theory, but she is not happy with the sacrifice qki 'dil hai ke maanta nehi' ! She has a massive path to tread, where she chooses her own self, her own happiness and she most importantly she chooses Ani over the fear of 'zillat' and 'log kya kahenge' ! Qki dearie, Kuchh toh log kahenge! As if log abhi kuchh kum keh rahe ho smiley1

From a child who never had a male-figure in her life, to have one , who could die for her, with out batting so much of an eye-lid, he deserves to be chosen by her, over all else !

Both are atm not strong enough to fight for their love and not brave enough to accept the love even! But God has other plans, he always did! And of course in this battle of good vs evil, good will always prevail! God will keep giving them chances, they would have to be pro-active enough to grasp these smiley27

From now on, let this be a journey of self-discovery, self-love and self-worth for them both

As for Shrishti and Arshi, they know mann hi mann, that they are fighting a lost battle. Both know, they have lost to J ! So do Bips , Laal and Arshi's adopted parents - Tanu and Shubho ! Hence their superficial ways to keep hurting J, in an urge to avenge J ! The not so good news for this gang is - they are unfortunately pitted against God and against two innately good souls !

Truth be told, God would be doing a favour on Arshi, Shrishti and BH, by not getting Arshi wedded to Ani ! Coz the very base, the very reason why they want this alliance is so unreal and gory - revenge ! It would have been a disaster for them all, jaha alag alag samay par, alag alag log , yeh realise zaroor karte, ki yeh shaadi kitni galat thi !

And in the long run, BH's andha love for Arshi and Shrishti would have faded and they would beg Ani to divorce Arshi smiley1 If not for anything else, but for how Arshi's upbringing has been, and how her core priorities are very different from what BH's expectations would be eventually! She is a total mis-fit to this joint family set-up! And instead of standing with Ani who tries to keep this family glued up, she would stand against him and try to break it!

We can only do so much, and wish this gang "All the Best" smiley20

Ohh beautifully explained.......

Yes....we have to accept that at this point their love, no matter how deep and passionate it is, is not strong enough to fight with their own insecurities and fears.....

For that they need to grow up , travel on this journey of self-discovery, introspection and healing....

They didn't have a easy life...specially Jhanak..Both of them have gone through immense mental and emotional pain in the past few days...

Both of them faced their worst fears of getting abandoned and lonely...Now they need a breather ..

Jhanak specially needs to love herself...only realising her self-worth can make her choose and claim him...

They will find the strength to stand by their love....I am sure...

And Arshi....it is better for her also...if she doesn't get married to him....

Again beautiful analysissmiley27

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Originally posted by: MayaFruitbae

Wow you , too knew I would like it and would review ..๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

It was exactly like jee barke dekle...after this may be I wont be able to even look at you ....through my eyes I would place you in my heart..โฃ๏ธโฃ๏ธ

It was a well executed episode..so much emoyions.so I knew you would like it too...

Yes...as that song goes...

" Ankhon se fir Yun pyar ki Barsaat ho na ho"

Yes...they know this is probably the last time they are allowing themselves to look at eachother like this,eyes filled with love....once the wedding is done...they won't give themselves the right to stare at eachother....

A painfully beautiful sequence...smiley27

vira76 thumbnail
Most Liked (July 2024) 1 Thumbnail Most Liked (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 4

Finally some buzz on this thread ! I will read all your writings tomorrow! I havenโ€™t watched the episode yet , so will watch and read this โค๏ธ

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Episode-225

Fire and scar....

This is what defines RuNak at this point....

Fire that is inside them... burning in their heart for eachother...so hard that it churns in their stomach, eating them alive.But while it is heading towards the fire of marriage altar...very strangely this fire is beginning to calm down and all they can see is the ashes of their beautiful relationship that ended before it could begin....

Scar that they carry in their heart....When I look at them I can clearly see why these two people connected so much with eachother...bcz both of them are scarred people... carrying the Emotional scars from their childhood....

Jhanak is carrying the emotional scar of being abandoned by father, life of humiliation followed by losing her mother...then again shifting to a new city and humiliation

Anirudha whose scar is soo deep rooted and internal that he probably himself won't be able to say how he got it...and he has almost learnt to live with it with his own sets of coping mechanisms as if it is his second nature....

I have always been fascinated by the concept of trauma.... I have read some amazing pieces...one said..

Trauma is not just a memory.In fact , the reason why it's called trauma & not simply a bad memory is because it continues to shape who you are even decades after it took place...It either comes back to haunt us or surprise us with strength we didn't know we had...

Since families are our first immediate community, having problematic parents makes one misunderstand love..This in turn can affect every relationship they make..

Most movies on intergenerational trauma I have seen tells me that hurt children grow up to hurt others & themselves...We see that in their temptuous relationship as they find solace and suffering in eachother..

Trauma may not be an "excuse"...but it is definitely very real.It takes form we may not always see as " moral".

So painful to see them like this.. Heart is exploding & face maintaining a stoic silence.The silence again juxtaposed against the roaring celebration around..Like a ticking bomb ,we feared the consequences these two might face..Victims and villains of their own fate..

In case of Ani, it is the trauma inflicted upon a child due to the life their parents chose to live...

In case of Jhanak, it is trauma inflicted upon a child due to the unlived life of her parents...

Her parents exist as shadows,in her life and mind.Their legacy creeps up on her who is trying to shed it.Ridden by anxiety, baggage of her troubled childhood,is unable to let go of the demons that pleagued her mother.We subconsciously carry the weight of our parent's perception of love..Don't we??

Didn't Aniruddh carry his parents' idea of love for the longest time..?? That's why took so much time to understand and take action and now is stuck...

She has inherited her mother's genes..but has she inherited her destiny as well!! Is she gonna pass the same fate to her next generation as well!!!

Tormented by these poignant questions she is damaged by her attempt to over-run these shadows..

I haven't lived a life like her....so though I don't understand her mindset more clearly probably...but I love her.. I want her to be embraced by love, affection and empathy that she needs...and deserves..I want her to grow and achieve a lot in life...and discover her own awesomeness...

But whom I do connect with is Aniruddh..I saw a man who was standing there clearly knowing that this marriage is not what his heart wants...he knows he will be tormented for life... irrespective of Jhanak...but he can't open his mouth and share it with his parents..as he feels and probably knows that they won't understand...that breaks my heart...

I am very close to my mother...when I feel that my mother is not understanding my inner struggle and pain, immediately my heart breaks into pieces... I can't even imagine what he must be feeling...

Someone who is so used to this feeling of neglect & inconsideration by his parents,but still trying to proof, trying to fit, craving for affection from them...

If there is anything worse than losing your faith in God,it is losing your faith in your parents.Vaccum left by parents can never be fulfilled by any father figure or mother figure....The root that hold you together could crumble you for sure ..

I want him to experience the embrace and the feelings of being someone's top most priority as well..

Both of them are clearly damaged by their past but are too scared to join the pieces..

They seek in eachother a future that escapes not just the present but past as well..Build and repair at once...so the stakes are high ....work is tough..

They need to heal...not giving in to their trauma... striving to make new memories everyday....

A new journey of self-discovery, introspection and self love....

Edited by asmitamohanty - 3 months ago
MayaFruitbae thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: asmitamohanty

Episode-225

Fire and scars....

Fire that is inside them... burning in their heart for eachother...so hard that it churns in their stomach, eating them alive.But while it is heading towards the fire of marriage altar...very strangely this fire is beginning to calm down and all they can see is the ashes of their beautiful relationship that ended before it could begin....

Scar that they carry in their heart....When I look at them I can clearly see why these two people connected so much with eachother...bcz both of them are scarred people... carrying the Emotional scars from their childhood....

Jhanak is carrying the emotional scar of being abandoned by father, life of humiliation followed by losing her mother...then again shifting to a new city and humiliation

Anirudha whose scar is soo deep rooted and internal that he probably himself won't be able to say how he got it...and he has almost learnt to live with it with his own sets of coping mechanisms as if it is his second nature....

I have always been fascinated by the concept of trauma.... I have read some amazing pieces...one said..

Trauma is not just a memory.In fact , the reason why it's called trauma & not simply a bad memory is because it continues to shape who you are even decades after it took place...It either comes back to haunt us or surprise us with strength we didn't know we had...

Since families are our first immediate community, having problematic parents makes one misunderstand love..This in turn can affect every relationship they make..

Most movies on intergenerational trauma I have seen tells me that hurt children grow up to hurt others & themselves...We see that in their temptuous relationship as they find solace and suffering in eachother..

Trauma may not be an "excuse"...but it is definitely very real.It takes form we may not always see as " moral".

So painful to see them like this.. Heart is exploding & face maintaining a stoic silence.The silence again juxtaposed against the roaring celebration around..Like a ticking bomb ,we feared the consequences these two might face..Victims and villains of their own fate..

In case of Ani, it is the trauma inflicted upon a child due to the life their parents chose to live...

In case of Jhanak, it is trauma inflicted upon a child due to the unlived life of her parents...

Her parents exist as shadows,in her life and mind.Their legacy creeps up on her who is trying to shed it.Ridden by anxiety, baggage of her troubled childhood,is unable to let go of the demons that pleagued her mother.We subconsciously carry the weight of our parent's perception of love..Don't we??

Didn't Aniruddh carry his parents' idea of love for the longest time..?? That's why took so much time to understand and take action and now is stuck...

She has inherited her mother's genes..but has she inherited her destiny as well!! Is she gonna pass the same fate to her next generation as well!!!

Tormented by these poignant questions she is damaged by her attempt to over-run these shadows..

I haven't lived a life like her....so though I don't understand her mindset more clearly probably...but I love her.. I want her to be embraced by love, affection and empathy that she needs...and deserves..I want her to grow and achieve a lot in life...and discover her own awesomeness...

But whom I do connect with is Aniruddh..I saw a man who was standing there clearly knowing that this marriage is not what his heart wants...he knows he will be tormented for life... irrespective of Jhanak...but he can't open his mouth and share it with his parents..as he feels and probably knows that they won't understand...that breaks my heart...

I am very close to my mother...when I feel that my mother is not understanding my inner struggle and pain, immediately my heart breaks into pieces... I can't even imagine what he must be feeling...

Someone who is so used to this feeling of neglect & inconsideration by his parents,but still trying to proof, trying to fit, craving for affection from them...

If there is anything worse than losing your faith in God,it is losing your faith in your parents.Vaccum left by parents can never be fulfilled by any father figure or mother figure....The root that hold you together could crumble you for sure ..

I want him to experience the embrace and the feelings of being someone's top most priority as well..

Both of them are clearly damaged by their past but are too scared to join the pieces..

They seek in eachother a future that escapes not just the present but past as well..Build and repair at once...so the stakes are high ....work is tough..

They need to heal...not giving in to their trauma... striving to make new memories everyday....

The title itself explains a lot .The fire and scar .

The childhood trauma is so well connected with their decisions ....

Anirudh has always fallen weak dir the lack of his mother's warmth in his life .

Had Tanuja been with her irrespective of Jhanak he would have broke the marriage , when he realised he has fallen short of love in Arshi and his relationship ..

Jhanak has always been injected by her mother that she was inferior . How she was bound to serve her mama's family . I never liked her mom thoughts and the way she treated Jhanak.Inspite of Jhanak trying to overcome this and dreaming to study and get job , she never whole heartedly supported her . Had her mother stood by her in the last night when she decided to take her life and supported Jhanak , her fate would have been different .Still Jhanak has lived strong irrespective of her conditions. And that is why she is not able to love herself...Her mom had made her feel i inferior whole life ...

Beautifully written connecting the past and present ....

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Originally posted by: MayaFruitbae

The title itself explains a lot .The fire and scar .

The childhood trauma is so well connected with their decisions ....

Anirudh has always fallen weak dir the lack of his mother's warmth in his life .

Had Tanuja been with her irrespective of Jhanak he would have broke the marriage , when he realised he has fallen short of love in Arshi and his relationship ..

Jhanak has always been injected by her mother that she was inferior . How she was bound to serve her mama's family . I never liked her mom thoughts and the way she treated Jhanak.Inspite of Jhanak trying to overcome this and dreaming to study and get job , she never whole heartedly supported her . Had her mother stood by her in the last night when she decided to take her life and supported Jhanak , her fate would have been different .Still Jhanak has lived strong irrespective of her conditions. And that is why she is not able to love herself...Her mom had made her feel i inferior whole life ...

Beautifully written connecting the past and present ....

Agree with you... Jhanak's mother never became the wind beneath her wings...she always tried to cut her wings..May be unintentionally but she passed her burden of her trauma to her daughter...

You know Dii...in another way if I think of it now....

Jhanak's love is also like a scar for Aniruddh Bose in so many ways...same with Aniruddh's love for Jhanak..

Ugly in the eyes of the society but is permanent...may fade so much that you can barely see it, but it will never completely go away...that would endure the test of time....

Edited by asmitamohanty - 3 months ago
Manoshono thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Episode-225

Fire and scar....

So impressed with your analysis Asmi! I am sure Anirudh lack of understanding is coming from his past trauma. It would be interesting if we get to see how those things affected him and took him this long to understand. Remember when he was sick in the hotel and he told J that he is lonely and no one understands him not even his love. I am sure he has dealt with tremendous amount of loss connecting emotionally to his parents and living a life according to their needs that he forgot abut his own personality and what he wants.

With Jhanak itโ€™s a different trauma but she is going through the same thing. Thatโ€™s why both have alot of hesitation making decisions mutually. Until they heal themselves or healing each other in the process of gaining their love back, they will remain empty.

Anusha16 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

What is your opinion on Ani-Choton dynamic...

Though Ani is closest to him in comparison to others ...but we understood he is not that close to him also..he doesn't Ani that well...

he has no friend as well....such an isolated life this man has lived...

Living with himself and inside his own head...

Chotton in many ways is a typical example of a younger sibling- Careless, not goal/ambition oriented and gets away with many things. And Chotton isn't really the sharpest tool in the shed now, is he? Ani has mentioned it multiple times... one example is the ad shoot where Ani had to explain in detail why he is negatively discouraging Jhanak to keep her focused. Not only that Chotton himself has stated multiple times that despite being dumb even he could grab something so openly aware like Ani's feelings for Jhanak when Ani stated otherwise. Also, his conversation with Tammo and his fatherly concerns for Chotton. Choice of Bride as Mrinalini- who is a take-charge person? I guess you can understand.

Chotton being the kind of person he is has his own positives for Ani as a friend and companion relative. But for someone so acutely aware of his intelligence, his flaws and strengths? None of them in the Basu House will see him for who he actually is, because they will be subjective in their views with the tag, he is their "Relative". The only true companion he has is Jhanak, who sees him for who he is, a stranger with no blood relations- hence a clarity in viewing his true nature.

It's kind of ironic that sometimes we can be our truest selves with strangers not related to us because they are in a way "Blank canvas" in which we can paint our own impression the way we want, a chance to be true to who we are.

I can go more in detail, but this should be sufficient for now.

So much of Ani reminds me that he is a mirror of me, right from my childhood to adulthood both internally and externally. Maybe that is why I am harsher on him than others in my assessment.

rysohini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Why did return to BH?

She is in love with Sirji, Sirji had said ILU thrice and extracted a promise from her, tumhare bina main jee nehi payunga ! If it comes to Ani's life, that is J's trigger !

Fir she can do anything ! Accident ke baad 3 thappar khake, she stayed back to ensure Ani recovered !

Her self respect had taken a backseat long long back, probably coz she has not had anyone in her life, who would risk his life to save hers , multiple times ! Right after putting the ring on Ani, when she comes back to her room, she laments having to leave BH the next day, for Kashmir!

Main hamesha se jana chahti thi par ab q nehi ja pa rahi hu! Deep deep down, the only desire she has in life, is to be Ani's wife and do her wifely duties - main aapke liye kuchh nehi kar paya ! Fulfil this dream for her, fir dekho kaise career, studies mein she excels and thrives , she will get a new zeal for her life !

Currently, her sole principle in life, that she has lived by - she is not a home wrecker and so wasn't her mother, was at stake. She chose this principle over Ani ! A time will come, hopefully soon, where she realises the betrayal that Shrishti and Arshi have bestowed on her and her mother, which will help her overcome this principle and choose Ani instead! "Aisa kuchh matt kijiyega, jisse mujhe meri ma ki yeh ashirwad, wapas leni pad jaye"

The love that these two have for eo, is quite a unique one, no wonder God is on an overtime, saving this bond!