Forced Chemistry and Unbelievable Romantic Storyline

Aishwarrior thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 days ago

DISCLAIMER: This post does not express any ill feelings toward the actors or their talent. This is only an honest critique of the serial offering feedback in hope that the storyline will change for the better.

The chemistry between Sagar and Vedika and the desire to see a suitable ML for Vedika has less to do with the viewers not accepting this new pair and everything to do with the writers not creating a believable romantic storyline for the two characters.

The only reason viewers have for wanting to see the ML and FL together is their childhood friendship. But this does not automatically change into romantic chemistry now that they are adults. The transition from their childhood friendship to a romantic relationship feels unnatural and forced due to the story. It’s not believable and it feels like writers are only fulfilling a story expectation by putting the FL and ML together. Their childhood friendship to a romantic relationship doesn’t seem to be based on growth of their feelings.

Because of Sagar’s problematic family, Vedika should realistically be seen using more caution and tension with him but she’s not. We see her quickly accept a job from him without much contemplation which is very problematic considering it’s his family that is causing numerous problems for her and her family. Shouldn’t she think Sagar’s job offer is a trick? Sagar’s family prevented her from getting one job but now he is offering her one. Shouldn’t this cause Vedika to have a lot of questions? In reality, she shouldn’t trust Sagar at all. Does he explain why he’s so invested in helping her? She should have a lot of questions. But instead, we see Vedika quickly accept a job at his new law firm. The least that she could have done was establish more ground rules in agreement to work with Sagar. Why didn’t she request that his family stop harassing her? Why did she only negotiate salary and why was this conversation in public and not in private? Suddenly, it looks like Vedika has thrown caution to the wind in exchange for money and she’s trusting Sagar blindly. 

Also, because of Sagar’s feud with Koel, Vedika should be seen using more caution with Sagar as well. Her and Koel have quickly established a bond of friendship and trust. So, if Koel is cautious with Sagar shouldn’t Vedika have reservations about him as well? Instead, CV’s seem to be overlooking these critical elements by pushing the pair into each other’s arms with slips and falls and having them work together. CV’s are not addressing the potential conflicts with their relationship which makes the story unbelievable and the chemistry forced.

Interestingly, Sagar’s relationship with Koel presents a much more compelling and believable romantic story. Their initial encounter was marked by conflict, setting the stage for the classic and beloved enemies-to-lovers trope. Plus, writers allowed us to see their reunion first versus Vedika and Sagar’s. This leaves viewers to imagine and look forward to seeing a gradual, believable build-up of romantic tension between Sagar and Koel. Viewers like to see characters evolve from adversaries to lovers so this is why Sagar and Koel work better on screen and it’s not due to their age. The tension and eventual resolution of conflict between Sagar and Koel create a natural and engaging progression. Each of their interactions are charged with emotion, making their potential romance far more interesting than the forced childhood-friends-to-lovers scenario with Sagar and Vedika.

Edited by Aishwarrior - 15 days ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet_tania thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Aishwarrior

Why didn’t she request that his family stop harassing her? Why did she only negotiate salary and why was this conversation in public and not in private? 

I am surprised too. Also, I think sagar, vedika, koel all 3 looks similar age. If sagar can remember things when he was 5 years old, why not vedika and koel? Sagar had a flashback of his last meeting with vedika and koel, but vedika and koel don't remember anything!!!! I don't think sagar is much older than these 2.

Aishwarrior thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet_tania

I am surprised too. Also, I think sagar, vedika, koel all 3 looks similar age. If sagar can remember things when he was 5 years old, why not vedika and koel? Sagar had a flashback of his last meeting with vedika and koel, but vedika and koel don't remember anything!!!! I don't think sagar is much older than these 2.

You make a very good point because Sagar even remembers his dad’s affair which he looked the same age… 5 years old.

Koel did have a flashback when Vedika wiped her nose but you are right Vedika doesn’t remember anything. 

The writers should have included that the accident caused some memory loss or amnesia for the girls while they were in the hospital. Because hearing Sagar’s name and their mom’s name should have triggered memories for the girls. Being at the family house should have triggered a memory for Vedika. I guess writers want viewers to assume this but this is again another aspect that makes the story unbelievable. 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 11 days ago

For my sanity sake I'll assume that the girls were 3ish years old, they couldn't find young actors so that's the deal smiley36

Sagar being 5 and remembering stuff would also make sense smiley10

sweet_tania thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

For my sanity sake I'll assume that the girls were 3ish years old, they couldn't find young actors so that's the deal smiley36

It was their 5th birthday on the day of accident 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet_tania

It was their 5th birthday on the day of accident 

maine episode nahi dekha smiley37 it did not happen in my story smiley36

Aishwarrior thumbnail

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

Your thinking they were 3 is probably best 😂 

MFRanjini thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 days ago

I think we have to assume that both the girls had memory loss because of the accident. If Janvi Yamini was 5, Sagar was maximum 7

If Vedika just passed law and Sagar passed in 2022, then he must be 7 when the accident happened.

I think this memory loss track can be used beautifully. Vedika aur Koel ko dhire dhire yaad aye apne bachpan. Vedika remembers the gant badhna Koel remembers someone rubbed her nose. Memory coming back gradually will be a nice development of the storyline.

Sagar was 7 and didn’t have any memory loss plus he was moved away forcefully, every day he was tormented about what happened. That’s why he remembers, just like in the episode he told his father “Aap mujhe bhulne nahi dete”