Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 15 days ago

So he is sacrificing personal relationships for flops ? At least some other actors win at all cost lifestyles actually involves winning smiley36

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

What I understand: He came to make movies... rightly so...if he also makes some friends, fine for him...but his purpose was to make movies (and money...and connections...and become a known name) smiley1

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

He’s not isolated.  Bhushan Kumar gave him a luxury car, a successful franchise, and even offered him another franchise that just didn’t work out due to differences between Basu and Bhatt.  He is to Tseries what Kriti is to Maddock.  He also seems close to Nadiadwala.  He’s just milking the outsider thing from every angle.  

ajj kal mera fav bolly forum acc ha app smiley32Tum bohot mast kaam karta hai - Indian Meme Templates

Edited by I_M_SultaN - 15 days ago
bloomers thumbnail

Originally posted by: VirginiaPlath

I think that's exactly what Kartik is doing not sure if it's just to play the lone wolf, but maybe because he has realised that his hobnobbing or desperation to get into the inner circle blew up on his face the last time he tried smiley36he ended up getting linked to the entire nepo brigade which while kept him in news almost ruined his image and work relations. 

Having said that while it's good that he got out of hobnobbing phase and has stopped being a kissass but he shouldn't go from one extreme to another smiley36from what I have noticed the guy is entirely missing from the BW party scene lately. On top of that these statements could get misinterpreted and hurt many fragile egos.

Personally I get what he's saying I dislike almost all my colleagues and wouldn't consider them my friends per sesmiley36

That's exactly what he has done- going to another extreme. Nothing wrong in cutting down on parties - though he isn't completely absent. The best response to the friendship question was what he gave in the Neha Dhupia podcast, where he talks about how college friends are different from your work friends and the former don't have any professional needs from him, unlike colleagues in the industry where equations change based on where you are wrt the recent Friday. So very rarely he's had equations transcend this line from professional friendships to close personal friends.  

I'm probably not phrasing it right, but that's the gist of it... It is a much better answer than all the clickbaity ones now. He is saying the same thing maybe, but it just sounds different now :/ . 

I wouldn't worry about hurting egos. He has no hesitation in changing his PR strategy (and with conviction) if one thing doesn't work. Just wait and see during BB3 lol.

Anyways, this strategy has clearly not worked. The good thing is that he has used it for the first time and just during CC in 3-4 interviews. He can abandon it quickly and try something else. 

It isn't like the whole linkup nonsense which haunts his image till today.

Edited by bloomers - 15 days ago
bloomers thumbnail

He’s not isolated.  Bhushan Kumar gave him a luxury car, a successful franchise, and even offered him another franchise that just didn’t work out due to differences between Basu and Bhatt.  He is to Tseries what Kriti is to Maddock.  He also seems close to Nadiadwala.  He’s just milking the outsider thing from every angle.  

The only space where he is a bit of a lone wolf is that he does not have any actors promoting his movies. No one giving him shoutouts or doing anything. But he does have an amazing rapport with all his directors, senior costars and people working in other departments on set. This, I've noticed. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: I_M_SultaN

ajj kal mera fav bolly forum acc ha app smiley32Tum bohot mast kaam karta hai - Indian Meme Templates

Hahaha.  Look, I can rant and rave about nepotism as much anyone.  But just because star kids have enormous privilege it doesn’t automatically mean every outsider has a valid sad story.  Struggling to get established is one thing and it should always be recognized and even appreciated.  But continuing with this “ woe is me” routine is not only manipulative but it can backfire and then people will start to dismiss your past struggles too.  

Also, when a producer pays you 40 crores for a movie it’s time find a new PR strategy.  

bloomers thumbnail

Hahaha.  Look, I can rant and rave about nepotism as much anyone.  But just because star kids have enormous privilege it doesn’t automatically mean every outsider has a valid sad story.  Struggling to get established is one thing and it should always be recognized and even appreciated.  But continuing with this “ woe is me” routine is not only manipulative but it can backfire and then people will start to dismiss your past struggles too.  

Also, when a producer pays you 40 crores for a movie it’s time find a new PR strategy.  

See, I kind of disagree with you on some aspects here. He is an outsider and has seen a lot of lows prior to 2018. In fact there's a lot that he is  actually still quiet about. The only difference is that in the past he has narrated them as simply anecdotes and sometimes even as funny incidents. It was just more subtle. 

See, with outsiders, that's their thing which connects to the audience. That's been Kartik's USP along with a lot of experiences that comes with a middle class upbringing. It has worked for him, especially in a lot of the live audience interviews. It is like how for the nepos kids, there's already a connect with the audience because of their family. 

He should just go back to what he was doing earlier - use it but keep it light and funny. Not as sad stories like you said. Because I've seen enough of his interviews in the past to know the he doesn't believe in throwing himself pity parties. That's actually one of the things I've always admired about him.

Edited by bloomers - 15 days ago