Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 days ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Murlikant mentioning his history with Sushant is not the same as Kartik using Sushant’s death to toot his own horns.  

But dear, please read what Murlikant said...it's him who made this connection and was happy about the releasing at Sushant's death anniversary. smiley1

Edited by Clochette - 11 days ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

This is definitely the PR Clochette.....even if MK said something about SSR......it was Kartik's PR who started comparison....like outsider hero...blah blah....do u think MK would have said it??

This is in an absolutely bad taste since SSR is not here....

Excerpt from the TOI article, I posted earlier, the one who is - to me - the source to go to...Murlikant said it himself:

"Murlikant Petkar expressed deep shock over Sushant's sudden passing, describing the loss as personal. He sees the release of 'Chandu Champion' on this date as a tribute to Sushant, honoring the young talent who was eager to portray his story on screen but left the world too soon, leaving his story unfinished."

...and now, I rest my case smiley1

Clochette thumbnail

Just as an afterthought:

In the Caravan article about "Shah Rukh Khan's Silent Rebellion", the writer ends the long article with SRK's words:

On 15 December, a day after Narottam Mishra fired off his salvo against Pathaan, Khan delivered a speech during the opening ceremony of the Kolkata International Film Festival. As expected, he did not comment on the latest controversy, choosing to speak only in generalities about negativity on social media. "The collective narrative of our time is shaped by social media, and, contrary to the belief that the spread of social media will affect cinema negatively, I believe that cinema has an even more important role to play now," he said. "Social media is often driven by a certain narrowness of view that limits human nature to its baser self. I read somewhere that negativity increases social-media consumption and, thereby, increases its commercial value as well. Such pursuits enclose the collective narrative, making it divisive and destructive." Cinema, which exposes human vulnerability, was "best placed to sustain a collective counter-narrative that speaks to the larger nature of humankind, a narrative that brings to the fore humanity's immense capacity for compassion, unity and brotherhood."

Edited by Clochette - 11 days ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

Excerpt from the TOI article, I posted earlier, the one who is - to me - the source to go to...Murlikant said it himself:

"Murlikant Petkar expressed deep shock over Sushant's sudden passing, describing the loss as personal. He sees the release of 'Chandu Champion' on this date as a tribute to Sushant, honoring the young talent who was eager to portray his story on screen but left the world too soon, leaving his story unfinished."

...and now, I rest my case smiley1

The way it was presented with comparison was Kartik's PR......no one is doubting what MK said.....can you see the difference between how it was penned by MK vs how it was compared by the PR?

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Clochette

But dear, please read what Murlikant said...it's him who made this connection and was happy about the reasing at Sushant's deat anniversary. smiley1

I know what Murlikant said.  Making a connection the way he did is very different than Kartik’s PR creating that edit and trying to plaster it all over insta.  Murlikant’s connection was about his bond with Sushant.  The edit was about opening numbers and outsiders and national award for Chandu.  Big big difference.  

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

MK might have talked about SSR...but he gave out a quote...here the tweet is side by side picture comparison...also slyly suggesting Karthik should win national award for Chandu. Someone came up with that. Media is too lazy to come up with it. More chances of this being Karthik PR. 

Very insensitive move to use a tragedy for one's selfish motifs. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

Sushant has a national award ? When did that happen 

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Sushant has a national award ? When did that happen 

chichore won the national award for best film and director said Sushant you made us proud.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

This just seems insensitive and in bad taste, specially today.  We all know Kartik’s PR goes overboard but to be fair Viral regularly posts cringe captions on his own.  

ETA:   Looks like Viral deleted it too

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8NA0AwIA8E/

How dare these media vultures use SSR’s name even after his death? smiley7 Karthik needs to be cancelled..
I wish SSR had stuck to TV medium itself.. then he would have been alive smiley19

Edited by Swetha-Sai - 11 days ago
Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

This is just embarrassing and insensitive