Frequent Posters

liberiangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 months ago

14th June - USA v Ireland

Weather Prediction:

85° F

SSW10 mph

Thunderstorms. High around 85F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall may reach one inch.

Looks like this is gonna be a washout. In that case, USA is through to Super 8s.

15th June - Ind vs Canada

Weather Prediction:

87° F

SSE8 mph

Scattered thunderstorms in the morning, then mainly cloudy during the afternoon with thunderstorms likely. High 87F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

16th June - Pak vs Ireland

Weather Prediction:

89°F

ENE12 mph

Showers early then scattered thunderstorms developing later in the day. High 89F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

The next few days are gonna be interesting.

Dunno why, am kinda nervous about USvInd as well.

liberiangirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

it might be fear they got playing against USA that they did not batted well. Even today babar batting was not good. I am surprise they made babar the captain. Ireland is not a good team so I do not think they can win against USA. USA is a solid good team.

Making Babar the captain again was a huge mistake. They should've given Shaheen some more time. It must've been extremely demotivating to Shaheen.

Also, it was extremely stupid on Babar's part that he took captaincy back. He should have taken time, played without the burden of captaincy and then maybe some time in the future, if given an opportunity, take the captaincy back.

There's so much shuffling that keeps happening in Pak team/administration, there's absolutely no stability, so players are insecure. They end up playing for themselves than their country.

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: liberiangirl

Making Babar the captain again was a huge mistake. They should've given Shaheen some more time. It must've been extremely demotivating to Shaheen.

Also, it was extremely stupid on Babar's part that he took captaincy back. He should have taken time, played without the burden of captaincy and then maybe some time in the future, if given an opportunity, take the captaincy back.

There's so much shuffling that keeps happening in Pak team/administration, there's absolutely no stability, so players are insecure. They end up playing for themselves than their country.

oh wow babar was not a successful captain in the past? I don’t follow cricket that close til just recently. I can sense the stress babar is in when he is batting. If I can see it then the entire team sense it. If a captain is stressful and not confident then team will get that energy too. If they are struggling to score 100, how will they score 200 if circumstances come?

liberiangirl thumbnail

I'm not sure about Babar's stint as a captain and how well he fared. But he was captain of Pak team for the past 3-4 yrs I think. And after their dismal performance in the world cup and Asia cup before that, they wanted to change the captain. They did and made Shaheen the captain.

And in just 6 months, they replaced Shaheen with Babar again.

I feel the same way as you do. Babar comes across as a weak captain who lacks tactical skills. He doesn't come across as someone who can make impromptu decisions on the field. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get watching him.

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I'm not sure about Babar's stint as a captain and how well he fared. But he was captain of Pak team for the past 3-4 yrs I think. And after their dismal performance in the world cup and Asia cup before that, they wanted to change the captain. They did and made Shaheen the captain.

And in just 6 months, they replaced Shaheen with Babar again.

I feel the same way as you do. Babar comes across as a weak captain who lacks tactical skills. He doesn't come across as someone who can make impromptu decisions on the field. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get watching him.

Wow! I hope Shaheen was not offended. I hope after this they will not make babar a captain.

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Congrats Prizi smiley40

Congrats Mushat smiley40

mushat thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Sevenstreaks

Congrats Prizi smiley40

Congrats Mushat smiley40

Thank you smiley31smiley27

Congratulations prizismiley40

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Congratulations to Pakistan for their much-needed win over Canada, smiley10

Group A is turning out to be the group of death. May be Sri Lanka in group D won't agree. And so would New Zealand from group C and England from group B. That's how the tournament has been. The wickets have favoured the bowlers more than the batters and few upsets have completely altered the permutations and combinations.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Details for today's matches--

1 Sri Lanka vs Nepal, 23rd Match, Group D

Match abandoned due to rain.

2 Australia vs Namibia, 24th Match, Group B

Live

3 United States vs India, 25th Match, Group A

United States vs India, 25th Match, Group A

Series: ICC Mens T20 World Cup 2024

Venue: Nassau County International Cricket Stadium, New York

Date & Time: Jun 12, 10:30 AM LOCAL

962142 thumbnail

The next few days are gonna be interesting.

Dunno why, am kinda nervous about USvInd as well.

I am confused about this TeamUSA . If they make it to the next stage, and then to semis.. it's embarrassing.. now they are teaching the world how to play cricket. It's joke. Someone has to stop this little dream run.