Users

Frequent Posters

933142 thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

YJHD is like the one film Sleepy did not ruin, so I forgive the Nepo casting

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

Imran Abbas was the original choice of Adi's role in Guzaarish as well..

So what ?

Such things happens

Taha looks good on screen and is a decent actor , so could have pulled it off without issues...

Adi's role was anyways nothing special in yjhd.

Obviously we cannot associate anyone at the place of someone whom we have watched and have registered an impact for them in our minds.

No biggie

Ok, it is fine if Taha fans are interested in hearing about it. But somehow google should find a way to untag Adi for Aditya Roy Kapur fans. As it is annoying for this who want news exclusively on Adi.

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 3 months ago
982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

YJHD is like the one film Sleepy did not ruin, so I forgive the Nepo casting

He never ruins any movie for me. I guess I am just a rare breed.

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Did anyone even read what Taha actually said? This is what he said:

Taha Shah Badussha revealed in an interview that he was shortlisted for Dharma Movies’ Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. He said that he was almost finalized but Aditya Roy Kapur replaced him. But he said he had no regrets as the Aashqui 2 star did a great job as Avi. Taha Shah said that Aditya Roy was a bigger star than him at that point, and did full justice to the role. So, while he was disappointed he had great respect for him. He felt that Aditya brought alive the vulnerability of Avi in a lovely manner.

Nowhere did he badmouth ARK and neither did he bring up nepotism, he actually said ARK did justice to the role. All he is saying is he nearly did the role but then ARK ended up getting the role.

Edited by zara321 - 3 months ago
982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SmittenKitt3n

Maybe Taha signed a lease for a fancy penthouse in Mumbai before filming began, expecting a big payday, only to lose out to Aditya last minute, and feels burned to this day. The dude seems to jump the gun like that. smiley36

Taha's example just shows good actors with consistent effort will always get their due despite hurdles and set back. It might come later than it would come for the more privileged actors. Taha should focus on all the good that is coming his way now. Instead of dwelling so much on the past. And many people have stated he comes across as a bit conceited. So he can work on that too. We wouldn't hesitate to point it out if a nepo was behaving that way. Him and Sharmin might rub off on each other in terms of energy. I apologize if you like Taha. A lot of girls have been crushing on him since the release of Heeramandi.

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zara321

Did anyone even read what Taha actually said? This is what he said:

Taha Shah Badussha revealed in an interview that he was shortlisted for Dharma Movies’ Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. He said that he was almost finalized but Aditya Roy Kapur replaced him. But he said he had no regrets as the Aashqui 2 star did a great job as Avi. Taha Shah said that Aditya Roy was a bigger star than him at that point, and did full justice to the role. So, while he was disappointed he had great respect for him. He felt that Aditya brought alive the vulnerability of Avi in a lovely manner.

Nowhere did he badmouth ARK and neither did he bring up nepotism, he actually said ARK did justice to the role. All he is saying is he nearly did the role but then ARK ended up getting the role.

Ok, but it is is everywhere. Of course he would word it as politely as possible. But what is the need to mention it over and over again.

https://www.bollywoodshaadis.com/articles/taha-shah-was-the-first-preference-for-this-role-in-yeh-jawaani-hai-deewani-but-got-replaced-later-53061

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/taha-shah-reveals-how-aditya-roy-kapur-replaced-him-in-ranbir-kapoors-yeh-jawaani-hai-deewani_208030

If I had a genuine work-related complaint. I wouldn't right complain like an immature kid on Glassdoors writing a review. I would try to word it in a balanced way. "Despite making reasonable efforts to accommodate every employee. The workplace can still make a considerable effort to improve in this arena." The fact that he keeps mentioning it says something.

Because if you are ok with how things went, why would you make an effort to bring it up constantly? Unless he likes Aditya and genuinely wanted to compliment him?

SmittenKitt3n thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Taha's example just shows good actors with consistent effort will always get their due despite hurdles and set back. It might come later than it would come for the more privileged actors. Taha should focus on all the good that is coming his way now. Instead of dwelling so much on the future. And many people have stated he comes across a bit conceited. So he can work on that too. We wouldn't hesitate to point it out if a nepo was behaving that way. Him and Sharmin might rub off on each other in terms of energy. I apologize if you like Taha. A lot of girls have been crushing on him since the release of Heeramandi.

Oh, there’s no need to tiptoe around me, Grumpy. My skin's thicker than a rhino's hide. You can roast the celebs I like all day long.

I adored Tajdar in Heeramandi, but Taha and his cringeworthy antics have put me off. No apologies needed for saying it. 😹 I've called it out myself more times than I can count.

I agree that he needs to do more good work and zip it meanwhile.

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Ok, but it is is everywhere. Of course he would word it as politely as possible. But what is the need to mention it over and over again.

https://www.bollywoodshaadis.com/articles/taha-shah-was-the-first-preference-for-this-role-in-yeh-jawaani-hai-deewani-but-got-replaced-later-53061

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/taha-shah-reveals-how-aditya-roy-kapur-replaced-him-in-ranbir-kapoors-yeh-jawaani-hai-deewani_208030

If I had a genuine work-related complaint. I wouldn't right complain like an immature kid on Glassdoors writing a review. I would try to word it in a balanced way. "Despite making reasonable efforts to accommodate every employee. The workplace can still make a considerable effort to improve in this arena." The fact that he keeps mentioning it says something.

Because if you are ok with how things went. Why would you make an effort to bring it up constantly? Unless he likes Aditya and genuinely wanted to compliment him?

I think taha mentioned it once and different media portals are making articles out of it, thats what the media usually does for all stars. He isn't mentioning it multiple times.

And he isn't complaining, he said he has no regrets as ARK did justice to the role, he is saying ARK did a good job in the movie.

Edited by zara321 - 3 months ago
I_M_SultaN thumbnail

NEPO baby adi kha gaya is ka career

Edited by I_M_SultaN - 3 months ago
982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zara321

I think taha mentioned it once and different media portals are making articles out of it, thats what the media usually does for all stars. He isn't mentioning it multiple times.

And he isn't complaining, he said he has no regrets as ARK did justice to the role, he is saying ARK did a good job in the movie.

He did say in one of the articles, he really wanted the role. Perhaps Taha meant no harm here. But he did get in my brain's way of getting dopamine. Perhaps ARK is the one to blame. For completely being inactive in terms of talking to the media and Taha just happens to be more active. That is why I only find Taha articles when I google Adi. It is like a kid wants their favorite flavor of chocolate cake for their birthday and you end up buying them carrot cake. You can expect the kid to be disappointed. P.S. This actually happened to me many times as a kid. Oh, how the trauma of my childhood re-triggers.