[MT] ARE YOU HAPPY WITH MODI's WIN ...AGAIN ? - Page 31

Poll

[MT] ARE YOU HAPPY WITH MODI's WIN ...AGAIN ?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Palak2812

Due to reservation -ve scoring people have got seats.

0 scoring in Maths still due to reservation they will be teaching Maths in DU.

SO this faltu nonsense of non-deserving kids not getting reservations is ridiculous.

-ve score karke yeh log NEET PG ki seat le rahe hain.

Doctors ban rahe hain, so scary to think yeh doctors hain.

https://x.com/Human_art9/status/1803994736216412488

Reservations are taking away seats of those meritorious students who truly deserve them. Can't be denied. To me it doesn't make sense to make the innocent GCs suffer for no fault of theirs. It's gross injustice and appeasement in the name of social justice.

Worse, rather than a tool for the upliftment of certain sections, reservations have been reduced to a dangerous and chaotic political weapon to fetch votes and destabilize the government.

Edited by Wistfulness - 3 months ago
K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kchaims

The caste based crimes are already punishable act but it does not change the stigma. You can see cases were they are victim of a crime and someone from OBC or general are arrested but people protest against the victims. This shows the stigma in society. This will not change with just law and order. It needs people to be empowered. If you see at least few sc/st people who are doing better it is because of reservation.

Some of these are stock responses, Tanu, and not nuanced:

"Stigma, marginalized, discriminated, oppressed, empowerment"

Regardless of how you and I feel, the supreme court would decide what to do next (after deliberations of course, like it did in 2018, when it introduced the creamy layer exclusion principle requiring that the State does not extend reservations in promotion to SC/ST individuals who belong to the creamy layer of the said SC/ST).

So, for now, reservations stay for SC/ST irrespective of whether the member belongs to the creamy layer but no promotions solely based on the caste.

Around 25% of India's population claim they are SC/ST? I don't know how many are falsely claiming SC/ST status to get reservations but that is a big voting block and no political party would take the risk of alienating them by scaling back on reservations. I'd think some other case like the M. Nagaraj v. Union of India may come up in front of the constitutional bench in the coming years that will introduce the creamy layer exclusion principle for all castes even for reservations and not just for promotions.

kchaims thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

Some of these are stock responses, Tanu, and not nuanced:

Regardless of how you and I feel, the supreme court would decide what to do next (after deliberations of course, like it did in 2018, when it introduced the creamy layer exclusion principle requiring that the State does not extend reservations in promotion to SC/ST individuals who belong to the creamy layer of the said SC/ST).

So, for now, reservations stay for SC/ST irrespective of whether the member belongs to the creamy layer but no promotions solely based on the caste.

Around 25% of India's population claim they are SC/ST? I don't know how many are falsely claiming SC/ST status to get reservations but that is a big voting block and no political party would take the risk of alienating them by scaling back on reservations. I'd think some other case like the M. Nagaraj v. Union of India may come up in front of the constitutional bench in the coming years that will introduce the creamy layer exclusion principle for all castes even for reservations and not just for promotions.

To be honest, even casteism seems like a concept from 19th century but it is very much real even in this century. But agree that regardless of what we both feel, the decision will be made.Caste based census might help us know how many are actually sc/st and how many are just trying to get reservation.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

A genuine question..how many high ranking officials who benefited from reservation would give it up for their children..just for the sake of those who really need it.

Many of the high ranking govt officials, even IAS, IPS are from the reserved category. They are already uplifted, lead a comfy life, kids r studying at fancy schools n colleges..would they still give up their privilege of reservation to uplift the needy?

Ok since no one answered this question I assume they dont know the answer. I will do the honours.

No one would give up the reservation benefit. Not because they want to cheat, but because they r legally entitled to it. Letting go of the benefit may seem morally correct but they arent obliged to. Money may not be n issue for them, but marks may be. If someone is getting a seat in a good course in a reputed college at lesser marks why would they let it go? It means a lot for their career n future.
They may have scored lesser than some student from unreserved category who wouldn’t be as economically strong as them.. who may not have studied with the same facilities but still performed better.
Doesnt matter coz reservation comes before merit.

If they arent wrong in taking benefits of reservation, other students arent wrong in asking for rethink of reservation

Edited by Kyahikahoon - 3 months ago
rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

Modi won because in a competitive election, most politicians HAVE TO sell the differences over their similarities. smiley4

Banned

[Post Removed]

ModikaParivar thumbnail

I have not replied as I have no words left.

They speak of farmers but are blind to Khalistani flags in full display. Blind to brand new tractors modified for use as weapons against barricades and the violence vs peaceful protests.

They refuse to accept meritocracy and keep on speaking of passing grade for reservations when there is no such thing. Recently some other ruling came where they said minimum cut off for reservations is zero. Best post was on demanding caste based census but claim they are against casteism.

I hope my idea on how to source funds for social schemes is implemented with urgency. Waqf board has enough for education and can even be used for Delhi water solution once the AAP state government loses elections. It can be also used for 1 lac per family for the pilgrimage to Ayodhya. Why should only Haj tourists get allowance from government. Else abolish all allowances for religious tourism. on the topic of indoctrination of young girls to wear hijab and if they are not allowed, they won’t attend schools. Well their choice. As madrassas should be banned with immediate effect as well. Spare the young from religious atrocities at least when attending schools. Give them freedom of thought and dressing to prescribed uniforms.

Edited by ModikaParivar - 3 months ago
ModikaParivar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Reservations are taking away seats of those meritorious students who truly deserve them. Can't be denied. To me it doesn't make sense to make the innocent GCs suffer for no fault of theirs. It's gross injustice and appeasement in the name of social justice.

Worse, rather than a tool for the upliftment of certain sections, reservations have been reduced to a dangerous and chaotic political weapon to fetch votes and destabilize the government.

No sane person will say meritocracy is wrong and reservations is the correct path. And then go on to say reservations are needed as u er privileged 50 or 0 is equal to meritocracy 99 cut off or use words like passing grades for criteria of 0.

Liberalism is easy when it’s someone else’s money to tax and someone’s else’s hard work going to waste due to reservations resulting in less deserving getting a seat as well as a job. It also results is mediocrity overall resulting large impact on progress. Mediocrity did not create computers, AI and JIO pricing for mobile users.

BJP needs to create concrete policies to address this with reductions to zero over a period or this might be our last term.

Banned

[Post Removed]

Banned

[Post Removed]