Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Bekind

I was wondering whose boyfriend lol

🤦🏽‍♀️ I really need to slow down when I’m typing, or at least read over things once before hitting post smiley36

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

🤦🏽‍♀️ I really need to slow down when I’m typing, or at least read over things once before hitting post smiley36

Don't worry about Munna.....uski aadat hai laal tamater lagane ki....smiley36..we all know that the one thing that you definitely are not ....is homophobic...

Did SRK or someone from his family come?

Sonakshi looks so stunning in that red sari....she is one of the most beautiful actresses of BW....smiley27

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

I know. I was being sarcastic because he has made it a standard cliché nonetheless. Woman have been wearing red banarasi sarees for ages, and he has sort of fetishised it with "am, ME, am reviving Banarasi sarees with Anushka's reception."

I hate this blah chipkoo bub, choker with handloom sarees for reception because at least show some individuality.

I could be wrong but I do not remember any top Bolly heroine wearing a banarasi saree for any of their wedding functions in many years....Anushka's was truly a moment. They all mostly wear lehengas . Even a Bengali Bipasha did not wear a banarasi iirc.

Sea-stars thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Ohh. Well good. I’m hoping this means the brothers didn’t show up for other reasons, although what could be a valid reason you don’t show up to your sister’s wedding? More than likely the wife just made her own decision here. Good for her.

I am not sure. May be the brothers might have showed up later on in the party or Poonam Sinha might have suggested them to stay home to escape political pressure so, to take her daughter in law along with her for a good company. Luv Sinha seems upset too but the brothers can adjust with their sister over time.

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Did SRK or someone from his family come?

smiley37

Word Count: 0

Bekind thumbnail
Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

I could be wrong but I do not remember any top Bolly heroine wearing a banarasi saree for any of their wedding functions in many years....Anushka's was truly a moment. They all mostly wear lehengas . Even a Bengali Bipasha did not wear a banarasi iirc.

Aish literally wore a Kanchipuram, a Sonepuri, a Banarasi for many of her functions including the nuptials themselves. So did Shilpa. Rani we do not know. Kajol wore a navari iirc. It is not their fault that the generation of actors that came after them married a decade after them. Lara, Genelia, Vidya all wore handloom sarees too.

Banarasi sarees have always been in vogue irrespective of Bollywood, and even if not, Sabyasachi did not "design" or "reinvent" anything with Anushka's saree. All those motifs, weaves and techniques belonged to the bunkar community of Banaras. It was beyond self-obsessed to say that "replicas" of a very typical, standard red banarasi saree will begin flooding the market because of him.

Then he had the audacity to rehash the meh styling verbatim with Deepika, Paatralekha and whoever else he dressed in a saree for their reception lol.

Anushka could have very well established a trend organically without Sabyasachi's grandstanding tbh.

I genuinely just cringe at this "sethani" look. It is unimaginative and boring. Shows no care for the personality or individuality or even the uniqueness of the garment.

The white saree look was so lovely and a vision. And, she looked really happy in the red too.

I just do not like the clique-yness of the look in general, that's all.

Edited by Blueeeee - 3 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

She’s ready to dance the night away. Good for her 💃🏽 ❤️