Strings That Bind Us: OS

Amanita09 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

The grand charity event at the Brar mansion was the epitome of elegance and sophistication. The elite of Ludhiana gathered to support various causes, mingling and admiring the art exhibit that was part of the evening’s festivities. Among the guests was Angad Brar, the handsome and affluent heir to the Brar family fortune. Dressed impeccably in a black tuxedo, he exuded an air of arrogance and indifference.

Sahiba Kaur, on the other hand, was an artist representing a local NGO. Passionate and outspoken, she was deeply committed to her cause, using her art to highlight social inequalities. Her latest piece, a vibrant painting depicting the struggles of the underprivileged, caught Angad’s eye.

"This is what they call art these days?" Angad remarked, his voice loud enough to draw the attention of nearby guests.

Sahiba, hearing his dismissive comment, approached with fire in her eyes. "Art is meant to provoke thought and inspire change, not just to decorate walls," she retorted, her voice steady and confident.

Angad raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. "And you think this does that?"

Sahiba crossed her arms defiantly. "I know it does."

Their heated exchange created a buzz among the guests, marking the beginning of their tumultuous relationship.

Shortly after their clash at the charity event, Sahiba's NGO faced financial difficulties. Desperate to keep her organization afloat, she applied for a grant from the Brar family foundation. Angad, as the foundation’s head, was responsible for reviewing the applications.

When Sahiba walked into his office, both were taken aback. "You?" they exclaimed simultaneously, their mutual disdain evident.

Angad leaned back in his chair, a smug smile playing on his lips. "I guess you really do need my help after all."

Sahiba clenched her fists, her resolve unshaken. "This isn't about me. It's about the people who depend on my NGO."

Angad’s expression softened slightly. "We'll see about that."

Despite their initial animosity, Angad was impressed by Sahiba's dedication and passion. Reluctantly, he approved the grant, but not without conditions that would require them to work closely together on various projects

As they collaborated on different initiatives, Angad began to see another side of Sahiba. She was fiercely independent, driven, and genuinely cared about making a difference. One evening, while working late at the foundation’s office, Angad noticed Sahiba rubbing her temples in exhaustion.

"Here," he said, handing her a cup of coffee. "You look like you need it."

Sahiba accepted the coffee, surprised by the small gesture of kindness. "Thanks."

They worked in silence for a while before Sahiba broke the ice. "Why did you choose to manage the family foundation? You don't seem like the type to be interested in charity."

Angad sighed, staring at his computer screen. "It's complicated. My family has always been about business, but I wanted to do something more meaningful. This seemed like the right balance."

Sahiba nodded, seeing a glimpse of vulnerability in Angad for the first time. "Maybe we have more in common than I thought."

The more time they spent together, the more Angad and Sahiba’s initial animosity began to fade. They found themselves working late into the night, discussing ideas and sharing stories. One evening, after a particularly challenging day, they decided to grab dinner together.

"To unlikely allies," Angad said, raising his glass.

Sahiba clinked her glass against his. "To making a difference."

Over dinner, they talked about their dreams and aspirations. Angad shared his vision for expanding the foundation’s reach, while Sahiba spoke passionately about her art and advocacy.

"I never thought I’d enjoy spending time with you," Sahiba admitted with a smile.

Angad chuckled. "The feeling is mutual."

Their budding friendship took a turn when Sahiba's NGO faced a scandal. False accusations of mismanagement threatened to shut it down. Sahiba was devastated, and Angad, seeing her distress, decided to help.

"We'll get through this," Angad assured her. "I have connections. We'll clear your name."

Together, they launched an investigation, uncovering the truth and exposing the real culprits. The scandal was resolved, and Sahiba's NGO emerged stronger than ever.

"You didn't have to do this," Sahiba said, her voice filled with gratitude. "Thank you."

Angad smiled. "I couldn’t let you fight this battle alone."

As the months passed, Angad and Sahiba's bond grew stronger. They attended events together, worked on projects, and supported each other through challenges. Their mutual respect and admiration blossomed into something deeper.

One evening, after a successful charity gala, they found themselves alone on the terrace, gazing at the city lights.

"You know, I never imagined we’d come this far," Sahiba said softly.

Angad turned to her, his eyes full of warmth. "Neither did I. But I'm glad we did."

There was a moment of silence before Angad reached out, gently tucking a strand of hair behind Sahiba's ear. "Sahiba, I..."

Before he could finish, Sahiba leaned in and kissed him. It was a tender, tentative kiss, but it spoke volumes about their feelings for each other.

After that kiss, there was no denying the shift in their relationship. Angad and Sahiba were inseparable, their love growing stronger each day. However, both were hesitant to fully confess their feelings.

One evening, while walking through a park, Angad stopped and turned to Sahiba. "I need to tell you something."

Sahiba looked at him, her heart racing. "What is it?"

Angad took a deep breath. "Sahiba, I never believed in love at first sight. But with you, it's different. You've changed me in ways I can't even describe. I love you."

Sahiba's eyes filled with tears. "I love you too, Angad. More than I ever thought possible."

Despite their love, Angad and Sahiba faced numerous challenges. Angad's family, particularly his mother, Manveer, was skeptical of Sahiba. She believed Sahiba was after their wealth and status.

"She's not right for you, Angad," Manveer argued. "She'll bring nothing but trouble."

Angad stood his ground. "Sahiba is everything I've ever wanted. She's kind, passionate, and she's not after our money. She's the one I love."

Sahiba, aware of Manveer's disapproval, worked hard to prove herself. She dedicated herself to the foundation, showing that her intentions were genuine. Over time, Manveer began to see the truth.

Manveer decided to give Sahiba a chance, inviting her to a family dinner. Sahiba,nervous but determined, put on her best dress and arrived at the Brar mansion.

Throughout the evening, she engaged in meaningful conversations, shared her vision for the foundation, and helped with the dinner preparations. By the end of the night, she had won over not just Manveer, but the entire family.

"You've impressed me, Sahiba," Manveer admitted. "I can see why Angad loves you."

Sahiba smiled, feeling a weight lift off her shoulders. "Thank you, Manveer Auntie. That means a lot to me."

A Proposal

With the family's approval, Angad decided it was time to take the next step. He planned a romantic evening, recreating their first dinner together. As they walked through the park where they had confessed their love, Angad stopped at a beautifully decorated gazebo.

"Sahiba," he began, dropping to one knee. "From the moment we met, I knew you were special. You challenged me, changed me, and made me a better person. Will you marry me?"

Sahiba's eyes filled with tears as she nodded. "Yes, Angad. A thousand times, yes."

Wedding Preparations

The Brar mansion was abuzz with wedding preparations. Angad and Sahiba's love story had touched everyone, and their wedding was the most anticipated event of the year.

Sahiba's family arrived, bringing with them traditions and customs that added a unique flair to the celebrations. The two families, despite their differences, came together in joy and harmony.

Haldi

The Haldi ceremony was a colorful and joyous occasion. Sahiba was surrounded by her family and friends, who applied turmeric paste to her skin, blessing her with good health and a bright future.

Angad, too, was subjected to the same playful ritual. His friends teased him mercilessly, but he took it all in stride, his eyes constantly seeking Sahiba's across the room.

The Mehendi Ceremony

The Mehendi ceremony was an evening of music, dance, and intricate henna designs. Sahiba's hands and feet were adorned with beautiful patterns, symbolizing love and prosperity.

As she admired the artwork, Sahiba felt a surge of excitement and anticipation. Her future with Angad seemed more real than ever.

Sangeet

The Sangeet was a night of celebration and fun. Both families performed dances, and friends shared stories of Angad and Sahiba’s journey from enemies to lovers. Laughter and music filled the air, creating an atmosphere of pure joy.

Angad and Sahiba performed a dance together, their chemistry undeniable. As they moved in perfect harmony, it was clear to everyone that they were made for each other.

Wedding day

The wedding day dawned bright and clear. Sahiba looked resplendent in her bridal attire, while Angad exuded confidence and happiness in his traditional sherwani.

As Sahiba walked down the aisle, Angad's heart swelled with love and pride. They exchanged vows, promising to support and cherish each other for the rest of their lives

The reception was a grand affair, attended by friends, family, and well-wishers. Angad and Sahiba mingled with the guests, their faces glowing with happiness.

During his speech, Angad spoke about their journey. "Sahiba and I started as enemies, but through our differences, we found a love stronger than anything I could have imagined. She is my rock, my inspiration, and my partner in every sense of the word."

Angad surprised Sahiba with a honeymoon trip to Paris. As they explored the city of love, their bond grew even stronger. They visited museums, enjoyed romantic dinners, and created memories that would last a lifetime.

One evening, while watching the Eiffel Tower sparkle, Sahiba turned to Angad. "Thank you for loving me and believing in us."

Angad smiled, pulling her close. "Thank you for challenging me and showing me what true love is

Returning from their honeymoon, Angad and Sahiba were eager to start their new life together. They worked on expanding the foundation, focusing on projects that combined their passions for business and social change.

Their home was filled with love and laughter, as they navigated the ups and downs of married life with grace .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

A lovely journey together. The mother was hesitant to accept her, but Sahiba's genuine devotion to people and the service won her over.