What's your take on cancel culture ?

Filmi Chit-Chat

1179250 thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Me Too movement was a big failure in India, cancel culture doesn't work for most part but what is your take on it

Celebs working for Pro Israel brands or using their products

Celebs working with abusers

Celebs working in movies which insight violence or hatred

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

When done for the right things, like banning people working/socializing with abusers/criminals, its great.

But what happens in China/Korea, banning celebs coz they stood up for themselves, banning them coz they are dating someone that their fans don't approve of, is just absurd.

You give people an inch and they take a mile. Audience should know their limits. A celeb's personal life is not up for fan discussion or fan decision.

In India fans think they owe something to the celebs they love, in China/S Korea, fans think the person they stan owes them their entire life and their decisions. (Both are problematic.) No one should be allowed that kind of power over another person.

Edited by Daebak - 4 months ago

Cancel culture is good if approved by Left. Bad if approved by Right. Simple as that. Atleast that's what they'd want you to believe smiley14smiley36

791198 thumbnail

Love it. I have low tolerance for asinine takes and zero integrity. I cancel people without any hesitation if I see them supporting and applauding genocide. Even if they are friends. Thankfully, these “friends” are relegated to the online space and not in my real life. Ain’t nobody got time for trash.

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

People who have atleast some real work in life dont have time to baycatt or cancill. smiley36 nobody should be forced to give out statements. Just do your work.

And nobody should be shamed for having an opinion.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

Cancel culture is good if approved by Left. Bad if approved by Right. Simple as that. Atleast that's what they'd want you to believe smiley14smiley36

That's a perfect summarization of it. smiley36

Left takes a moral high ground but boycotts and attacks anyone with a different opinion or liking. The most hilarious thing was HCV being labeled mid by those who couldn't solve the simplest of numericals. All this for taking a selfie in Ayodhya. 😭

Edited by Wistfulness - 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

That's a perfect summarization of it. smiley36

Left takes a moral high ground but boycotts and attacks anyone with a different opinion or liking. The most hilarious thing was HCV being labeled mid by those who couldn't solve the simplest of numericals. All this for taking a selfie in Ayodhya. 😭

HCV?

Word Count: 1

791198 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Billi_Bangalan

People who have atleast some real work in life dont have time to baycatt or cancill. smiley36 nobody should be forced to give out statements. Just do your work.

And nobody should be shamed for having an opinion.

If a male celebrity goes up on the rooftop, holding a helpless woman captive, in jest, and screams out to the entire world that he has every right to rape this woman. That is also an “opinion”. Should he or shouldn’t he be shamed for his “opinion”? Opinions can have criminal intentions even if they are not yet carried out. FYI.

P:S: The fact that I am forced to make an extreme hypothetical point is, in and of itself, ridiculous. But I digress.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

World was different before

I recall when I was in JR high. Kobe got a case. An they still let him play the games even during the court dates. But now even in accusations of wrong doing ( with no charges filed sometimes) a they expel people and throw them out all together.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Physicist HC Verma