Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

I haven't been regular with the show, I forget to tune in smiley36 so usually I catch the last bits of the episode before Ramayan.

It hasn't been the best but yesterday's Saraswati - Vedika scene with sweater was cute. My mom was like itni garmi hai, isne sleeveless bhi pehna phir ye sweater kyu? smiley44smiley37

Baki, I hope Sagar Vedika ka slow burn romance dikhaye, like slowly falling as they get to know each other kind. That would suit them.

Vedi-Koel scenes are cute, tho!

MFRanjini thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Aishwarrior

Hi! I decided to move our discussion to the episode discussion thread.

I caught up on episodes 19 and 20. I liked a few things about the episodes, but I am unhappy with the story. Here's why:

1. Vedika started as a strong, independent woman. She was initially introduced as a competent and ambitious lawyer, which was something to look forward to. We saw her cleverly take on Himmat by recording a video of him appearing to slap her. We saw her take up for another woman on the bus. We saw her slam the door on Himmat when he tried to take her key. But CVs have reduced her to someone who constantly needs rescuing. She is now a helpless female lead and Sagar is the knight in shining armor. Her abilities as a lawyer are overshadowed by her dependence on Sagar, making her seem weak and incapable. In epi 19, I didn't like him commenting about misspellings and having to coach her through typing the letter. She is not a paralegal assistant. She's a lawyer. In the states, assistants record notes and type legal documents. I am unsure of the role of a lawyer in India... maybe it's different. Also, when grandma was rude and asked Vedika her name why didn't she say her title? It would have been powerful to hear her say Advocate Vedika Sharma.

2. Sagar's role as the reliable savior is now in every other episode. CVs seem more focused on Sagar driving the plot forward with these rescuing scenes but they are overdone. There has already been one rescue scene. Next, we had to endure Sagar "hand-holding" Vedika through drafting her first legal document. So, another rescue scene with Sagar is not needed. If all of this is an attempt to make him look more compatible with Vedika, it's not working. It's OTT.

3. There were opportunities to explore more engaging and complex storylines by having Vedika investigate the driver's case. Instead, that part of the story seems to be delayed. The focus remains on rescue scenarios, long staring competitions and Vedkia's loss of balance that fails to develop the characters or advance the plot.

But I don't want to spread negativity or appear pessimistic so I will refrain from offering my opinion.

I see that Himmat/The Hot Villain will return. That's the only thing I am excited about next week.

Enjoy the serial!

Hello Aish

Thanks for moving the discussion here. Because others can read it.

Again I 100% agree with you.

I was looking around checking Sony TV official posts and SET India YouTube posts.

70 comments under a Sagar Vedika scene, 20% mentioned Sagika/Sadika rest only about Sagar. It’s the effect of 3.3 milion Instagram followers and 1.5 m YouTube followers.

But that doesn’t mean the story will move around Sagar.
The thing is screen space wise both Vedika and Sagar has equal screen spaces but Sagar has very strong scenes.

Vedika has sweet scenes with her foster parents, Saraswati, Koel

But whenever Sagar is around she needs rescuing

Which is very very odd to me.

She can call him Sagar Sir but mind mein bhi why is she calling him “Sir?”

The fact that you being a Sayli fan interested in watching the villain with her is no good for Sayli.

And being a Sayli fan it’s better not discuss that Sagar looks better with Koel. Because then to increase TRP creatives will bring Sagar Koel angle because if Abhishek is the USP ( here we are not directly interacting with SonyTV but in Insta and YouTube we do) of the show, Vedika will be sidelined and Koel will come as lead. No one is interested in that villain yaar except 2-3 people I see here.

Do you know with this bakwas story line each Sagika video I post gets over 20,000 views and over 500 likes? And few edits made on Sagar Koel also had that amount of views no less.

Abhishek reposts Sagika edits to promote Sagika, Not Koel videos … his reposts get over one million views.

24 hours I keep getting likes and I only get praises of Sagika in those comments.

But me be a strong independent lady I hate Vedika being like this. Not because I love Vedika or Sayli, because I want Abhishek to have a heroine who is strong. In his earlier show, yes he was a super hero he used to fight everyday, but his heroine was a police she taught equally with him, she was not his damsel in distress.

With story moving around Vedika

I mean her scenes with foster parents, Saraswati, Koel, the Maheshwaris it is clear Sayli is the lead not Anushka, then why not make her strong independent?

I am looking forward to the upcoming fighting scenes, I am hoping it will be 50-50 fight, even Vedika saving Sagar will make me more happy.

Sayli being a wonderful actor, I love her sexy hot look, especially in the western look, she deserves much better.

And one thing very important

I personally feel creatives are just rushing each and every relationship Vedika is having

Only once Vedika saved Saraswati from falling off from stairs and wo ma behen ban gayi? Koel best friend ban gayi? Even mother daughter sister relationship takes time

Slow burn is needed. Only 20 episodes and Saraswati ki gaant khul gayi ?

And Sagar Vedika ki baat to chhod hi do

I feel like scolding her when she says Sagar Sir

Creatives using Sayli in such a wrong way.

Sayli fans can complain Abhishek is immature that’s why they are toning down Vedika

But creatives will think about 3.3 million and 70 comments not how Vedika look good with the unknown villain. We have to remember Abhishek is not an unpopular ITV hero, he is not an actor with flop low TRP family shows. Only thing is it’s his “first show” in family genre. And if 155 K Sayli fans ask for another male lead for Sayli 3.3m Abhishek fans will go against them and ask for Anushka as lead.

That’s why Sayli fans need to support Abhishek more than Abhishek fans need to support Sayli

Kyun ki Abhishek ke liye ek heroine to already ready hai, creatives don’t need to pay another actor.

Story line needs to be changed ASAP. All we want is to have a nice love story. Increase in TRPs. Btw SonyTV always have less TRP than Star Plus shows. Star Plus has bigger TV viewership. Sony has many online viewers. Half of Abhishek fans I know watch the show online from Sonyliv. Even I don’t have cable TV, this area doesn’t have cable tv. We usd Jio TV which is online.

My question is how much online viewers help in survival of a show? More Sonyliv subscriptions ?

If you ask someone who is not Abhishek or Sayli fan watching on TV

You will get two replies

1. Bachcha hero hai

2. Buddhi heroine hai

none of them are wrong, right?

btw I asked Sayli in insta telling her to tell the creatives

Stop making her a damsel in distress

Edited by MFRanjini - 3 months ago
Aishwarrior thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

You’re right.

I don’t think I’m the target audience for this serial so my dislikes about the show are invalid. I’m a millennial and international so I’m definitely not apart of the target audience. I think this serial is intended for a younger audience. Also, this is my first time watching SonyLiv. I’ve only watched StarPlus serials and ZeeTV prior to this. I was only watching because I love Sayli. BPKH was the first ITV serial I ever watched and started binging all that I could find on StarPlus and ZeeTV.

Recently, I started watching Badall Pe Paon Hai and I like it.

I hope this show does well! Wishing Sayli all the best! 💜

Edited by Aishwarrior - 3 months ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

You should try watching Vanshaj. smiley9

950842 thumbnail

Just started watching this one today, 20 episodes to go smiley1

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thorn.Princess

Just started watching this one today, 20 episodes to go smiley1

yayyy!! smiley40smiley41

Arpi, you're watching?

950842 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

yayyy!! smiley40smiley41

Arpi, you're watching?

Arpi also watches this show? Phir toh I'm sorted! smiley31

Starting scene only was her driving alone to the hospital as a pregnant lady with the twins while her husband is in office. They live in Jaipur, they have no relatives/padosi etc. to help her or what?

Independent ladies are great to see, but given the state, she could get into an accident na?

And I know they're trying to go for the bechara feels for the later accident and all, but thodu zyaada laga smiley36

The husband seems like the agyaakaari beta and all, but he is not even their beta?!

As an employee, extra mehnat and all..

But the actual waaris seems to hold him in high regard as of now.

And that other guy, is he actually part of their family or some naukar?

Coz they are very well just treating him so.

So far only his mom seems maha sketchy, especially with her philosophies.

But such a loving family, the girls are so cute, bacchon ne maa ko nayi zindagi dedi, Jahnvi and Yamini cake sequence, and the triveni sangam bit smiley27

Sagar prefers Jahnvi over Yamini, hope they are not planning this as a setup for a triangle..

But nice to see the kids being kids smiley36

Panditji saying all the good things will happen if Ganga Yamuna Saraswati are together and Gautam and Saraswati being handed the family heirloom, so this is why they plotted that accident smiley24

You could've just told them, they seem sensible and would've given the power to Digvijay, and also convinced the Board, why plot the entire family's murder? How conceited and shallow these Maheshwaris are! smiley18

Edited by Thorn.Princess - 3 months ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Arpi also watches this show? Phir toh I'm sorted! smiley31

Starting scene only was her driving alone to the hospital as a pregnant lady with the twins while her husband is in office. They live in Jaipur, they have no relatives/padosi etc. to help her or what?

Apparently not smiley36

Independent ladies are great to see, but given the state, she could get into an accident na?

And I know they're trying to go for the bechara feels for the later accident and all, but thodu zyaada laga smiley36

Sukhada ke liye dekh lo, she slayed 🌞🌞🌞

The husband seems like the agyaakaari beta and all, but he is not even their beta?!

As an employee, extra mehnat and all.. He is like wo bhta Jo hona chahiye but apparently they treat him like second child.

But the actual waaris seems to hold him in high regard as of now.

And that other guy, is he actually part of their family or some naukar?

Wo matriarch ko mausi bolta hai toh he's family, extended.

Coz they are very well just treating him so.

So far only his mom seems maha sketchy, especially with her philosophies.

But such a loving family, the girls are so cute, bacchon ne maa ko nayi zindagi dedi, Jahnvi and Yamini cake sequence, and the triveni sangam bit smiley27

Sagar prefers Jahnvi over Yamini, hope they are not planning this as a setup for a triangle..

But nice to see the kids being kids smiley36

Yup, it's cute.

Arpi said she was watching starting me. Not sure if she's continuing.

950842 thumbnail

I guess they won't focus on it much at the moment since the post-accident story is necessary to introduce the leads, but really want to know more about Gautam and Saraswati too, since they are the parents of the protagonists. Did they live in the Maheshwari haveli too? Or did they have a house of their own? Second beta matlab apne ghar mein bhi rakhte the kya? Coz that is the only house we've seen so far..

Then the mausi ka beta seems like he has no mind of his own, and while nice in the scene with the Rathore family, he seems like he is deeply indebted to Maheshwari's and will blindly do whatever they say, no offence.

No wonder Sukhada Ma'am is good so far smiley20

Don't see much activity here, don't tell me everyone has stopped watching the show already smiley18

Edited by Thorn.Princess - 3 months ago
Aishwarrior thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

You should try watching Vanshaj. smiley9

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely check it out.