Show Discussions

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Zahid Ahmed

Posted: 8 days ago

How intelligent is this discussion. This is applicable everywhere, at all levels and not just on macro, political or national level. It even applies to our everyday life as well. For example, on social media, I daily face this dilemma of 'ignoring' or 'confronting'. There are people who choose to 'ignore', which in my personal opinion provides an environment for the bullies to flourish. I personally believe in 'confronting'. I do 'pay the price' for 'speaking out' but I still feel content about taking a stand. So in this way I am like 'Zarnab' as compared to her dad. 

https://x.com/saadi7171/status/1803037037991174275

TheMsSupernova thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Yumna Zaidi

Posted: 7 days ago

Originally posted by: NINALOGY

Here comes the loophole in exceution. They have not shown any background of these gundas. We have not seen a single action scene done by rehmati. Neither he looks that dangerous because they have not shown him in that light till now. 

I think that’s on purpose. You can see how cunning and selfish Rehmati is by not even telling Munna about the police raid and then not helping him when he is in jail. It was a police officer who had to warn Munna. In this episode, you could also see Rehmati turning on Munna because he senses that Munna is changing and might not be as easily controlled as before. Rehmati is trying to present himself as harmless and a good person. The way he explained his job to Munna made him seem like a nice guy, but that phone conversation suggested he’s up to no good with his highness.

Dilbar has also warned Munna about Rehmati, telling him that he is a dangerous man. The minister told Moazzam how Rehmati became barda bhai in just 9 years. Even the minister seems to see Rehmati as a threat. 

They might not be showing it directly, but they are definitely indicating that Rehmati is not a good guy.

TheMsSupernova thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Yumna Zaidi

If he did nothing wrong toh bechara gunda bus naam ka hi hai shayd 😂

Munna is completely innocent. The poor guy realizes at the end of episode 5 that they might not be good guys.

TheMsSupernova thumbnail

Yumna Zaidi

Maybe I am the only one who is getting negative vibes from faris. Neither I am finding love from his side for zarnab. Yeah he has layers as he is a grey character. But not likeable atleast for me 

He might not be likable, but he is an interesting character. He isn't just a one-dimensional character whose only purpose is to threaten the main characters relationship. He is an important part of the story, showing the corruption in the system. He seems like an upstanding guy, but he is taking bribes, is betraying his fiancée, and is leading on another woman.

TheMsSupernova thumbnail

Yumna Zaidi

Originally posted by: tgota92

Likeable and interesting are different. He’s not supposed to be likeable - that’s the whole flip that KRQ is going. Making the AC bad and a gangster good. But I find him a good third angle, he’s fascinating to watch. Usually third person in the love triangle isn’t a well developed or interesting character, very one dimensional. But Faris isn’t. You see the effort writing has put in the Zarnab Faris dynamic from the first episode. You see the mutual affection but you also see it crumbling and falling apart. I do like their scenes together. Also I think just an actor can make so much difference. Usually third person in a love triangle is a new comer or not that good of an actor as the leads so you don’t really feel interested. But Zahid is nailing it with his performance. I absolutely love it. 

If you want to see Munna win the girl or take someone down, you have to have a worthy opponent right. Otherwise where’s the fun? Takkar ka muqabla hona chahiye smiley16

I agree. Faris is a well written character and Zahid is doing such a wonderful job portraying him. 

TheMsSupernova thumbnail

Yumna Zaidi

Originally posted by: tgota92

Nai bilkul bhi choocha nahi hai. He’s indulging Mitra on purpose because his career is on the line and he wants to stay on her good side. Which is why he’s humoring her but also telling her he’s committed. I think he’s being foolish if he thinks she will back down. She’s made it clear she won’t. But instead of outright rejecting her he’s trying to play it safe and stay on her good side. 

Ultimately however he will lose Zarnab over this. He will pick career over her , even if that means being with Mifra who he doesn’t love. Right now he’s having his cake and eating it too magar it can’t last because Mifra ya Zarnab main se koi na koi ultimatum dene wala hai smiley36 My bet’s on Mifra 

There are moments when it seems like he really loves Zarnab and is just humoring Mifra, but then there are other moments between Faris and Mifra where it seems like he genuinely cares about Mifra.

TheMsSupernova thumbnail

Yumna Zaidi

Originally posted by: WabalMunni

Same here. I am loving Zarnab-Faris-Mifrah triangle. Faris's corruption aside, I consider Faris and Mifrah both to be grey characters and not out and out black characters. Although, we know that Faris is kind of cheating on Zarnab but at the same time his motivations are also understandable. Mifrah also is although after a committed man but that's who she wants and she is going after him all guns blazing. I think I said it before as well. Mifrah is not the one who made promises to Zarnab. What Mifrah and Faris are doing is that they are safeguarding their interests, which is not evil per se but yes it is inconsiderate and morally and ethically questionable. I think I prefer Faris not getting married to Zarnab over him marrying her and then cheating on her. 

Mifra often seems arrogant and acts like a spoiled brat who has never been told no in her life. She appears to be someone who always gets what she wants and knows exactly how to get it. Faris is what she wants, and she doesn’t care what she has to do to get him, even if it means destroying a relationship. Sometimes it seems like she wants Faris just because she can't have him.

Mifra isn't an interesting character to me right now. While we've discussed why Faris is an interesting character because he's not one-dimensional and has multiple purposes in the story, the same doesn't apply to Mifra. She is one-dimensional and seems to exist only to create problem between Zarnab and Faris. 

TheMsSupernova thumbnail

Yumna Zaidi

This scene reveals the reason for her changing impression of Munna. It wasn’t just his declaration that he would no longer be a bhai, but also her recalling how he has behaved every time they have met. Not once has he acted poorly toward her. She understands that this is not typical behavior for a gangster, making her realize that he was never really a bad guy. That’s why she can be sure that he truly meant what he said.