Ketaki Kulkarni is doing a good job!

925059 thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Mohan is a girl in real life and the name of that actress is Ketaki Kulkarni. I saw her in 1920: Horrors of the Hearts too. In that movie, she played the role of possessed girl. I was the younger sister of the female lead in the movie. I also saw her in a show of Star Plus named Baatein Kuch Ankhahee Si. In that show, she portrayed the role of the male lead's niece. The role of Mohan is unconventional. I think it's really challenging for a girl to play the role of boy who is going through gender identity crisis. She's brave enough to choose the character of Mohan. And she's doing a good job. Share your opinions.

Edited by Shirsha - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umawanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shirsha

Mohan is a girl in real life and the name of that actress is Ketaki Kulkarni. I saw her in 1920: Horrors of the Hearts too. In that movie, she played the role of possessed girl. I was the younger sister of the female lead in the movie. I also saw her in a show of Star Plus named Baatein Kuch Ankhahee Si. In that show, she portrayed the role of the male lead's niece. The role of Mohan is unconventional. I think it's really challenging for a girl to play the role of boy who is going through gender identity crisis. She's brave enough to choose the character of Mohan. And she's doing a good job. Share your opinions.

Yes Ketki is doing real exceptional job. I think I commented on it.. even long back, that I genuinely felt that Mohan was a boy.

I have not seen her other performances actually.. But here, I can say she is improving day by day.

To be really honest, I did feel she had to tone down initially in the first few episodes.. especially some of the subtle expressions.. but after some days.. she is doing so great.

During the suicide track, she was brilliant. We all felt her pain. She is really good. Her expressions while talking to the dead mom, her voice acting everything was good. Her chemistry with Debattama is also so good. We actually see great sibling bond. During the suicide track when Mohan was trying his level best to explain his inner turmoil.. Great.

During the shadi sequence, We can actually see that Mohan as a character grew.. showing different aspects of the same character. and Ketki did a seamless job of showing both the shy timid boy and brave protective brother.

And the Pride march episode: His genuine curiosity but the fear of accepting the truth.. everything was visible on her face.

I hope this show becomes successful... there are many nice talents in this show and also .. this story is original and unique... I sooo want it to rise properly.

Even if this show does not get the required traction, I hope her talent would be recognized.

BaniLogy thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shirsha

She is doing so fine. That darr in Mohan is visible also it's been 25+ episodes. Not a single day I felt it's a girl playing that character.

BaniLogy thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: umawanderer

Yes Ketki is doing real exceptional job. I think I commented on it.. even long back, that I genuinely felt that Mohan was a boy.

I have not seen her other performances actually.. But here, I can say she is improving day by day.

To be really honest, I did feel she had to tone down initially in the first few episodes.. especially some of the subtle expressions.. but after some days.. she is doing so great.

During the suicide track, she was brilliant. We all felt her pain. She is really good. Her expressions while talking to the dead mom, her voice acting everything was good. Her chemistry with Debattama is also so good. We actually see great sibling bond. During the suicide track when Mohan was trying his level best to explain his inner turmoil.. Great.

During the shadi sequence, We can actually see that Mohan as a character grew.. showing different aspects of the same character. and Ketki did a seamless job of showing both the shy timid boy and brave protective brother.

And the Pride march episode: His genuine curiosity but the fear of accepting the truth.. everything was visible on her face.

I hope this show becomes successful... there are many nice talents in this show and also .. this story is original and unique... I sooo want it to rise properly.

Even if this show does not get the required traction, I hope her talent would be recognized.

True her chemistry with Deba is good. Their scenes come off very naturally.

950842 thumbnail

Absolutely! My favourite on the cast because she is nailing this challenging character!