Pride March in 25th Episode-First in ITV?

BaniLogy thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

So I just finished the last three episodes, before saying anything, I just want to appreciate Team Krishna Mohini for showing a pride march on Indian Television for the first time. (correct me if it happened before).smiley14

I thought with the wedding drama going on, they have put Mohan's story on hold for a time, But No. First thing after reaching Mumbai they introduced Mohan to a pride march and the scene was so beautifully shown, not a single chance of misguidance, no caricature representation, just people being vocal about how happy they are with their identity, the way Mohan asked what is this, how do their families react to it, it's so good.

I know this was foreshadowing for some "Didi" but yet that scene was very compelling and took all attention off the wedding drama. This just showed if ITV wishes they can write good scenes with no mocking representation.

I saw the rage over that scene on X, people are canceling the show, cursing actors, and makers to de@th, dragging religion, and whatnot. But makers saw it coming and still went to portray it beautifully. I hope it doesn't affect the streamsmiley26

When the show started, looking at the channel I had zero hopes how they would show it. I still have zero hope of how they will do it in the future but they own my heart with simplistic representation of that community that even mainstream fails easily. I can give the benefit of the doubt for family drama as the reaction I saw was negative so they definitely cannot continuously show it but so far how it is done with flaws is good.

Kudos to the makers, actors, and team who knew the ITV audience might not accept it well yet went ahead with it.smiley32

To the first pride march on ITVsmiley20

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

925059 thumbnail

I also think pride march was shown for the first time on Indian television. I made a post related to Krishna Mohini's pride march. I liked that episode. In that episode, the makers made a good balance of different tracks. They focused on all the three important characters (Krishna, Mohan and Aryamaan) in the episode.

BaniLogy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shirsha

I also think pride march was shown for the first time on Indian television. I made a post related to Krishna Mohini's pride march. I liked that episode. In that episode, the makers made a good balance of different tracks. They focused on all the three important characters (Krishna, Mohan and Aryamaan) in the episode.

Oh, I didn't see your post. I would not have made one thensmiley1

But that episode felt like the story begins from now on. All three lead characters and their journey can be assumed from it.

925059 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HawkEyee

Oh, I didn't see your post. I would not have made one thensmiley1

But that episode felt like the story begins from now on. All three lead characters and their journey can be assumed from it.

No, no, it's absolutely fine. You made a post to write your opinion. That's good. Actually, mera post iss forum pe migrate hua nahi. Shayad iss liye tumne dekha nahi mera post. Here's the link-

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5355196

Edited by Shirsha - 3 months ago
BaniLogy thumbnail
oh ok I shall read now. I was surprised how come no one even talked about first pride march in television, no article, no promotion nothing.
Thorn.Princess thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

This was a nice addition, glad they took initiative to showcase that.