Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DreamOfEndless thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Did you know, Marilyn Monroe was asexual?

https://www.wearequeeraf.com/was-marilyn-monroe-asexual-her-autobiography-is-revealing/

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 3 months ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: DreamOfEndless

Did you know, Marilyn Monroe was asexual?

This was surprising to me since she was hypersexualized by the media and even in the roles she played. Talk about exploiting her smiley11. I guess the 50s were a different era with zero awareness of these things and rampant sexism, but even so, it's hard knowing this after knowing a little bit of her story and the difficult & traumatic experiences she had. smiley19
Edited by LizzieBennet - 3 months ago
DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

This was surprising to me since she was hypersexualized by the media and even in the roles she played. Talk about exploiting her smiley11. I guess the 50s were a different era with zero awareness of these things and rampant sexism, but even so, it's hard knowing this after knowing a little bit of her story and the difficult & traumatic experiences she had. smiley19

She did have some very difficult experiences in her life. Nobody deserves so much trauma, no matter what their SOGI.

I was surprised too. It shows another aspect of the phenomenal actress, how she owned the image created by the media on screen despite not relating to it at all on a personal level.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Bee222 thumbnail

Wow. This was enlightening. Tfs Tia ❤️

No wonder she always strived to be seen as someone other than her Marilyn persona. The actual her, beneath the blonde hot bombshell that everyone loved to sexualise. She always seemed such an intelligent, thoughtful woman to me. Way ahead of her times. Makes so much sense now.

Edited by Bee222 - 3 months ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail
DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Last game of the Pride Month 🏳️‍🌈

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/165496622

anonymouse1 thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail Expressionist (February 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Happy Pride Monthsmiley27smiley31

Pride Month 2024 - GLAD