Match Discussion

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 months ago

Since both Qualifier 1 and Eliminator are gonna be held in Motera - the site of last nights washout, one thought struck me: what if both those games are washed out? How will they determine who goes to Qualifier 2 & Finals?

• Will they just use the league rankings to have Qualifier 2 played b/w #2 & #3, passing over #4 completely, and then have the winner of #2 vs #3 face #1 in the finals?
  • Will they use the league results to place them? But let's say Eliminator is b/w SRH and CSK. Both won their home games against the other, so how do they then resolve that? NRR? More 6s? More boundaries - 4s AND 6s? How exactly?
  • If the Motera games don't get played, do they just cancel the finals as well, & just declare the league #1 as the cup winner?
  • Any other process that I didn't think of?

I think they have some rules for all possibilities.

Last year it rained during the finals and they had a reserve day.

Even if they play 5 overs they will get a result or they will apply DLM and declare the winner based on run rate during the few overs.

They will have a rule for every possibility. It may be there if we search n Google.

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Sunrisers Hyderabad

Feeling bad for GT . They won against CSK . I was looking forward to yesterday's match . smiley13

I tried my best to stay awake for updates smiley37

Me and Palak wanted rain on GT -CSK day and CSK got one point... instead of yesterday...

Edited by Rosyme - 4 months ago

Oh u went for the match..would have been good if CSK won on that day.

Yes csk could have got one point if it had rained on that day.

If Pathirana was there, he would have surely taken one or 2 wickets.

If there was a match in Rajasthan you could have gone. Rajasthan is only 3 hrs from ur place na.

Ahmedabad s far off.

Edited by Rosyme - 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Rosyme

Oh u went for the match..would have been good if CSK won on that day.

Yes csk could have got one point if it had rained on that day.

If Pathirana was there, he would have surely taken one or 2 wickets.

If there was a match in Rajasthan you could have gone. Rajasthan is only 3 hrs from ur place na.

Ahmedabad s far off.

I wanted to see Dharamshala wala match.

But got tickets for Ahmedabad one, so went there.

Originally posted by: Vr15h

Since both Qualifier 1 and Eliminator are gonna be held in Motera - the site of last nights washout, one thought struck me: what if both those games are washed out? How will they determine who goes to Qualifier 2 & Finals?

• Will they just use the league rankings to have Qualifier 2 played b/w #2 & #3, passing over #4 completely, and then have the winner of #2 vs #3 face #1 in the finals?
  • Will they use the league results to place them? But let's say Eliminator is b/w SRH and CSK. Both won their home games against the other, so how do they then resolve that? NRR? More 6s? More boundaries - 4s AND 6s? How exactly?
  • If the Motera games don't get played, do they just cancel the finals as well, & just declare the league #1 as the cup winner?
  • Any other process that I didn't think of?

They go with league ranking.

Last year when there was rain, then too it was said if match doesn't happens even on reserved day, then GT will get the trophy bcoz they were the No.1 team in Points table.

Originally posted by: Rosyme

I think they have some rules for all possibilities.

Last year it rained during the finals and they had a reserve day.

Even if they play 5 overs they will get a result or they will apply DLM and declare the winner based on run rate during the few overs.

They will have a rule for every possibility. It may be there if we search n Google.

The finals, yeah, they have an extra day

I was asking - what if a venue, like Motera, is being bombarded by several days of incessant rain. Will they then shift the venue, or do one of the things that I listed above?

Originally posted by: Palak2812

They go with league ranking.

Last year when there was rain, then too it was said if match doesn't happens even on reserved day, then GT will get the trophy bcoz they were the No.1 team in Points table.

Yeah, that sounds like the fairest way to do this

Originally posted by: Vr15h

The finals, yeah, they have an extra day

I was asking - what if a venue, like Motera, is being bombarded by several days of incessant rain. Will they then shift the venue, or do one of the things that I listed above?

Usually they never shift venue...as all tickets r booked and security arrangements are done etc...

Till now it has never happened n ipl.