Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

Big Bigg fan of Manna Dey. I absolutely love this song: Ek Chatur naar

This was one I put down because I knew people would love it but personally the over-the-top caricaturing by Mehmood rankles and feels dated now as does the entire premise of this movie. Manna Da is impeccable here though (as always).
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

This was one I put down because I knew people would love it but personally the over-the-top caricaturing by Mehmood rankles and feels dated now as does the entire premise of this movie. Manna Da is impeccable here though (as always).

I am glad you put it here, 🌹as in those days comedy was ott , and I still find it funny smiley36.. as you said the best thing is that Manna Da did amazing job here. smiley27

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Originally posted by: awida

I am glad you put it here, 🌹as in those days comedy was ott , and I still find it funny smiley36.. as you said the best thing is that Manna Da did amazing job here. smiley27

It is funny - particularly all the crazy scat singing Kishore da does. But it irritates me being a South Indian smiley36 and I would argue Bhola is equally an idiot in this movie so how does he become the better suitor for Bindu simply based on the fact that he speaks Hindi without an accent and has a head full of hair? smiley36 (I know I'm overthinking smiley36)

Manna Da himself did not want to be the 'loser' in this song, he was an accomplished singer, & that's the way it plays out on screen - Mehmood losing to Kishore da in the end & R.D. Burman somehow convinced him to sing it. As such, some bits are in Mehmood's voice (Kya ye..ghoda chatur - ek pe rehna, etc) because Manna Da refused to do them.

All things said, Babu samjho ishaare will always be the superior Manna Da - Kishore Da duet for me smiley9

Edited by LizzieBennet - 4 months ago
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

It is funny - particularly all the crazy scat singing Kishore da does. But it irritates me being a South Indian smiley36 and I would argue Bhola is equally an idiot in this movie so how does he become the better suitor for Bindu simply based on the fact that he speaks Hindi without an accent and has a head full of hair? smiley36 (I know I'm overthinking smiley36)

Yes. You are. smiley36 Such movies need to be enjoyed, not to overthink about. I know it hurts when a whole state is being mocked , and formed in a bad way. But I loved Mehmood in this movie more than both the leads.smiley4

Manna Da himself did not want to be the 'loser' in this song, he was an accomplished singer, & that's the way it plays out on screen - Mehmood losing to Kishore da in the end & R.D. Burman somehow convinced him to sing it. As such, some bits are in Mehmood's voice (Kya ye..ghoda chatur - ek pe rehna, etc) because Manna Da refused to do them.

Even in Reality show competitions good talented people lose to much talented ones. This song showed Manna's talent.. Kishore was lots of fun.. I am glad he performed the part himself too. He was my 2nd fav in the movie.smiley27

All things said, Babu samjho ishaare will always be the superior Manna Da - Kishore Da duet for me smiley9

I'll check this song. smiley4

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Poll Closed. Thank you for voting!

Winner

Ek chatur naar (with Kishore Kumar & Mehmood)

Film: Padosan (1968)

Music: R.D. Burman

Lyrics: Rajinder Krishen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGfTQ-YFjIE

Posted: 20 days ago

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

Big Bigg fan of Manna Dey. I absolutely love this song: Ek Chatur naar

I love Manna dey/ lata duets creatd rajesh Roshan

Picturise on Vinod mehra & Bindya Goswamy

Sab kho diya sab pa liya - Maqaar film

https://youtu.be/lGzL_qj3r1k?si=cDEsxLoEhpxFzrU2

Love this song, in 2 parts

Piya rang tere Rangdi chunariya... Mind blowing as well

https://youtu.be/jOJGJPst-JI?si=OuLSp9tQK6bqxjZA

Edited by Nishnesh - 20 days ago
nutmeg7 thumbnail

Beautiful songs. Thanks for sharing

Poll Closed. Thank you for voting!

Winner

Ek chatur naar (with Kishore Kumar & Mehmood)

Film: Padosan (1968)

Music: R.D. Burman

Lyrics: Rajinder Krishen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGfTQ-YFjIE

"Mere bhes ko danda kyu mara "

And one from Jitendra / hema's Waaris film song was funny too.

"Oh poll related "