Poll

What's you favorite Manna Dey Solo?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Rapchik Rockers

Posted: 1 months ago

Hello Music Lovers,

Today, May 1, is the 105th Birth Anniversary of one of the most melodious, accomplished and Golden voices in the world of playback singing!

Yes, I'm talking of Manna Dey and this poll is in his honor.

Born Pramod Chandra Dey and trained in Classical music under none other than K.C. Dey, Manna Da could sing any type of song with consummate ease! Yet he would be effusive in praise of his contemporaries, never taking away from their talents.

Please vote for your favorite Manna da song & tell us which one you picked & why.

I know there are many of his songs I had to leave out (The man has an impossible list of great songs!) but I've put in some of my favorites and some popular ones.

Do vote in the Duets Poll as well!

Poll will stay open until May 8!

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lizzie, I voted for "Zindagi kaisi hai paheli" from Anand. I selected this song because I like the lyrics. And as far as my favourite Manna Dey's song is concerned, it's "Ke Tumi tondra horoni? (Who are you, sleep stealer?) It's an extremely beautiful Bengali song. Please listen to the song. You may like it. 

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Fusionistas

I vote for zindagi  kaise hai oehli because  is question  mein Sachai hai

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Rapchik Rockers

Originally posted by: Shirsha

Lizzie, I voted for "Zindagi kaisi hai paheli" from Anand. I selected this song because I like the lyrics. And as far as my favourite Manna Dey's song is concerned, it's "Ke Tumi tondra horoni? (Who are you, sleep stealer?) It's an extremely beautiful Bengali song. Please listen to the song. You may like it. 

Yes, that's a great pick. The lyrics by Yogesh are wonderful and hit home.

I listened to the song you mentioned, good one. Here it is if anyone else wants to give it a listen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZRJdTvtobI

Nishnesh thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6

I voted for Tu pyar ka sagar hai

NathuPaapi thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Bollywood Brigade

Voted for Laaga chunari me daag smiley27

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Bollywood Brigade

Zindagi kaisi hai paheli smiley27

anonymouse1 thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail Expressionist (February 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 29 days ago

'Tu Pyaar ka Sagar Hai', is one of my favorite songs of Manna Dey. Loved the movie, Nutan & Balraj Sahni ki behatareen acting.smiley27

nutmeg7 thumbnail
Posted: 28 days ago

Yaar I come back to this thread multiple times daily and I just can't point a finger at one song... I love so so many of the ones you have listed

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 28 days ago

I didn't know Manna Day gave many hit songs. Thank you for the post. I voted for Zohrajabeen. smiley4