Jhanak- reading the characters

MyThoughts thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 days ago

I have accepted that itv characters writing is incoherent most of the time. It is all TRP game. The plots need to change suddenly leading to huge change in nature of thecharacter.

Having said that this is how I read the character of Jhanak.

Jhanak- A young girl, who has lived a supressed life through childhood till now. She is time and again punished for dreaminng, enjoying not only by her close relatives but by her mother as well. Her mother, due to her life experiences, wants a safe, no big dream life for her child. Jhanak is expected to supress the passion she is born with. She is mother and child at the same time. Time and again she is expected to mother her mother, protect her from taunts of the society. As any other person, she wants to live life of dignity, her heart yearns for it. Still, everytime, life punishes her for even wanting that. Hence, we see ups and down in her attitudes. Times when she tries her best to claim her dignity and times when she looses it all, accepting undignified life that has come her way. Her mother has tried to shield her from the society. Hence, I see jhanak with very poor social skills. Hence, at one end she wants to be independent ( wanting her azadi/ I want to go back home)but at the other end she knows that she needs someone to help her navigate the world ( staying back when Ani wants her to). Also, being never allowed to communicate in a healthy atmosphere she cannot convey her feelings in a right way. After her mother, she has become like a headless chicken as she has lost only goal of her life (making her mother happy).

With Ani:  Ani being sensitive person, even while angry accepted the marriage much sooner than Jhanak. Most of his care, defence, except for first few days of martiage, started coming from position of being a husband. With impact of rituals and behavior of Ani, she started accepting her marriage subconsciously. Now, she is torn between what is right and her feelings. Ani being her sister's fiance, part of her wants to stay away from him and wife part of her wants to stay close to him. For me wanting to going back to Kashmir is running away from feeling that she has developed for Ani. She time and again gets nasty/angry with Ani for being good as she wants him stop doing things which are making her fall in love with him.

Jhanak is flawed character who is victim of her life conditions. I want see her to be confident compassionate person against napokid Arshi who is confident and arrogant.

Do not expect much from itv, but let's see!

Edited by MyThoughts - 11 days ago