Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

@bold: I did not say this anywhere in my post. I only brought up the news, because I have read enough racist and ignorant comments on reddit about India from people that have never visited the country. They form their impression about India from the news. That is the reason I brought up the news, because I have seen quite a racist comments on reddit about India. You're one of the few sensible members of this forum, hence I responded to you, otherwise if it was another member I would not have bothered.

Frankly I find there is too much polarization between people now. People act like they are better than others over their caste, religion, political opinions, food preferences etc. There is no unity at all in people anymore.

Yes, people make all opinions all the time based on half-baked news. This happens in India as well, and it is human issue in general. I do not need to see a Reedit post where people are anonymously talking bad about India as an evidence of it. I already know it dear.

I have seen plenty of other threads too. I am not saying India is perfect. we have our problems too. But It should not stop us people from highlighting the bigger issues at hand, and at least talk about it.

Also, at least think TWICE before drawing parallels of perception of India and Taliban. Reedit threads dissing India vs entire world (almost) witnessing and the atrocities being done in Taliban etc are like NORTH and SOUTH poles.

@bold This is something I totally agree.

Edited by diasingh2 - 6 months ago
diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: MaebyFunke

You know the user you are quoting was not alluding to any of that. Drawing false equivalences with what's happening in Afghanistan to India is deliberately trying to detour the narrative. The rot as seen in Afg is much deeper than the surface level Islamic state fundamentalism. It is the result of the failed American psyop and the "imagined" war that left the country in the shackles of the Mujahideen (later turned into Taliban) backed by the CIA to resist soviet influence. The guerilla fighters were armed and trained to plunder and maim their own country men in the guise of American "liberalism" and "freedom". The Taliban did not show one day in the country and usurp the ruling class, it was a gradual process necessitated by the US, which threw its hands in the air and ran out when it could not control the monster it had created in the first place. So, the talk of "ISIS" (again look up the history) and "Taliban" being the harbingers of trouble should be pointed to the US as well, and much of what liberal talk you are giving here has very little to do with the influence of Islamic state. Certainly, no similarities with India at all. Btw, no idea why you even felt the need to force this useless comparison?

Coming to the movie, the intent behind the release and research that went into the making of the movie was questioned by the SC as well. It was created with an opinion to defame a certain state and the fudging of numbers is again a very big manipulated move. Nobody remembers the revised numbers, but only the false figures they had put up initially. Leaving aside the depictions of Malayalis and their attire in the movie, it is a propagandistic move by the idiotic Sudipto Sen who keeps floating the same false figures since the doc he first made. The actual figure is 28. Now compare that with 32,000. The movie is a RW wet dream with false figures, false equivalences, and idiotic assertions. I fail to understand what objectivity you are looking for in the movie? It is not a love-dovey romantic film? The film is touted as based on real events, but it fails to present anything in a realistic manner. You cannot pick and choose certain facts and accuse others of lacking objectivity when the writer is falsely claiming that the movie depicts reality.

We're all aware that Taliban didn´t happen overnight. I used Afghanistan/Taliban as an example, because it is real-life, living and glaringly BIG example of what radicalization of an ideology can lead to when misused by powers. You yourself explained it well by it in your post. Thanks for inadvertently proving my point.

And you must be mistaking me for a fan of the film or the director, which I am NOT. I did mention that I really wished the film was made by a neutral director, because I wanted to see a balanced perspective on the issue and not exaggerated facts and figures. Neither anywhere in my comments, I have shifted the blame to Islam or any particular religion.

All these diversions, would´t change the fact that the this is BASED real stories for some girls. Inflated numbers, does not change the truth that this did happen to some girls in Kerala.

Quoting from the article below, "When the Taliban took over Afghanistan in the middle of August, they broke open various jails in Kabul, letting out the prisoners — Nimisha (Fatima) was reportedly one of them." Their families still await and hope for their return.

https://theprint.in/india/taliban-back-desperate-kerala-families-hope-couples-who-fled-to-afghanistan-for-isis-can-return/730184/

So please do not accuse others for making a "false comparison" (when its clearly not) just because they do not share the same sentiment as you. You are free to have you opinion.

You anyways lost me at your other comments in this thread on your definition of what a "liberal" is according to you. Please learn the difference between people who believe and advocate for "liberty"and "psuedo-liberals".

Peace!

Edited by diasingh2 - 6 months ago