Crazy Creatives Celebrate World Siblings Day

Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Posted: 22 days ago

“They say that no matter how old you become, when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood.”

Whether it's keeping our secrets or protecting our backs, siblings are home to us when nothing else feels fair. On April 10, World Siblings Day is celebrated to highlight the special bond that binds siblings together.

Our siblings are our family, and they are an integral part of our lives. Siblings are our best friends and at times behave as if they're our worst enemies. The relationship between siblings is one of the sweetest relationships on earth where both can fight with each other but never shy away from fighting for each other.

In 1995, Claudia Evart, a New York paralegal, began celebrating Siblings Day to commemorate the special bond she and her siblings – Alan and Lisette – have had with each other. Claudia lost her two siblings in two separate accidents and wanted to honour their bond as she celebrated that day.

Siblings, being brought up in the same family, are that safest place on the earth with whom we share our deepest secrets, and they're the ones who gets most elated in our happiness. They too are with whom we can share our sorrow without judging them. We love them, we fight with them, we get mad at them, we play with them, we have our best childhood memories with them, and above all, we can't live without them. Siblings encourage and motivates us to be the best version of ourselves.

World Siblings Day is a special day to let your own sisters and brothers know how much they matter to you. This day is a celebration of the unconditional love shared by the siblings and the way they always have each other.

On this special day, Crazy Creatives are inviting all the members of India Forums to share their sweet and sour moments with their siblings and tell us how much your siblings mean to you. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ExoticDisaster thumbnail
Posted: 22 days ago

Bond with siblings is like Tom and Jerry, we keep fighting with eachother, but also like Anna and Elsa, we can fight the world for eachother.

We asked the CCs about their relationship with their siblings.

The names are kept anonymous.

There was only one year age difference between me and my younger brother so we were more like enemies than siblings 😆 in the sense that there was lot of sibling rivalry between us. We fought and we played together at the same time. I remember, when my brother suffered from epilepsy and he used to get those attacks I was so worried about him. During our teenage years we started developing different goals and ambitions so that's when distances cropped up. After my marriage I never got to spend much time with him as he used to be busy with his business. He is no more with us and whenever I think of him I only feel regretful as I could never do anything for him in his short life to make him happy and fulfill his dreams. He is always in my prayers and I always wish he fulfills all his dreams and ambitions and stay happy wherever he is. (I am a firm believer of rebirth).

We are two sisters, me and my elder sister (who is four years older than me) who are like one soul distributed in two different bodies. Our bonding has become the strongest throughout the many hardships and challenges we faced together in our lives since childhood. She has been my teacher and always my best friend. If something is going inside my mind, she would communicate the same thing over phone after sometime, and vice versa. The funniest part is that we have even seen the same unusual dream once while sleeping (maybe not in the same day, we got to know it much later while discussing the dream which we could relate to some financial loss happened in our real life) and yeah this happened in reality! Although our personalities are quite different, but our mind mostly works in a similar way. We may fight sometimes among ourselves, but after a few hours, mostly I, being the youngest one would go and say sorry (even if I was not the wrong) to her to sort out the whole matter and behave in the next hour as if nothing had happened. All I can say on this special occasion of world siblings day is that we both are each other's strong pillars of strength and hoping to share more adventures of life together till the last breath of our lives.

My best memory/time with my sibling was when we both did our masters degree at the same time and at the same university in the UK. Our already strong bond strengthened even further during this period and we became literal partners in crime!!

I have an elder sister and a younger brother. As a child, I used to hate them. Literally hate! Because I am the middle child, they used to team up and say that Papa loves my sister the most and maa loves my brother the most smiley6I used to cry a lot. My sister also once told me that I was adopted and my family actually found me in the dustbin in front of the house. I so wanted to beat her then, but she was elder so i didn't. An my brother, he always ate my chocolates. And we used to fight. Even last night we fought because he emptied the water bottle I kept in the fridge. smiley36 

I had reality check 6 or 7 years back when they both went to hostel. My sister for her masters and my brother for college. At first I thought I will enjoy everything alone. There was no one to disturb while watching TV, I won't have to share the computer with anyone. But within a week, I started feeling lonely. My home became silent, so did my life. I didn't have anyone to talk to. I had no one share my day with. I couldn't complaint to anyone what went wring at college today. That's when I realised the real gift siblings are. And whenever they came for holidays, those days became my favorite days. smiley27

We are like Tom and Jerry, we fight, a lot! But can't live without each other.

My relationship with my sister is like KJo's movie title Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. We fight a lot, but we also care for each other a lot. Being the elder one I obviously ended up having a stricter upbringing in comparison to hers and it shows. She is a lot more lax and gets away with stuff, while I get scolded for the same stuff (yes even today). Nonetheless we do love each other a lot. There's many things only I can say to her and get away with it and vice versa. Additionally, we help each other out when we absolutely need it. I'm lucky to have a younger sister (though I could have done without her just fine as well smiley36).

I have very fond memories of our childhood. We are 3 sisters and grew up very closely. 

One memory I recall is how when my parents would go out, my sisters would take advantage and go out for bike rides. And I would be sat at the doorstep waiting for them to return as I didn't know how to ride a bike. It was on this day that they went for a bike ride, and I decided to go for a stroll and came face to face with a dog. 

As expected, instead of standing still, I began running, and the dog came running after me. I was screaming and luckily my sisters had turned into our street and saw me. A neighbour heard my screams and came out to see. He was brave enough to catch the dog and save me,while my sisters tried to calm me down. But me being me decided I was going to tell on them, so I complained to my parents and exaggerated how my sisters abandoned me. They were scolded never to go on bike rides, leaving me alone again. They were annoyed I told them, but we do look back now and laugh over the stuff we got up to.

I will always remember my cousin's cute face when he saw snow for the first time 14 years back. He never saw snow before as he is from one of the poorest countries in the world. My parents adopted him. We played with snow on that day and threw each other big snow balls. 

He was so happy and intrigued. 

I get teary every time I recall of what he had to go through to reach where he is today. 

Siblings can also be by heart not only by blood. 

I love you my little brother. 

Thank you for completing us. We are blessed and honoured to have you in our lives.

What is your favourite memory with your siblings? Share in the thread and don't forget to tell you siblings on this special day how special they are!

Edited by ExoticDisaster - 22 days ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 21 days ago

Lovely thread..smiley9
Happy Sibling Day to everyone! smiley31

Bhavisweet03 thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 5 0 Thumbnail + 8

Such a beautiful thread and love CCs siblings story smiley42

Happy Siblings day to my IF familysmiley31

Bhavisweet03 thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 5 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Bhavisweet03

priya185 thumbnail

Happy Sibling Day to everyone nice sibling stories. Sorry to the person who lost her brother 

Manny_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Bhavisweet03

Bhavi smiley31smiley27

Happy Siblings day everyone smiley31

Edited by Manny_123 - 21 days ago
Rsrockz thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Wow, those are lovely stories, myself and sisters were very tightly knit since childhood because we had no TV, other entertainment. So always we used to chat wrap around our Amma's sarees from her wardrobe, play houses within our big living room, share our chores pretending neighbours getting stuff for a potluck etc. After my marriage I live in a different country hence not been able to spend time with my siblings but my sisters miss my fashion sense, window shopping trips etc. 

I always miss having a brother hence would always thank god for blessing me a Son and daughter so that I can witness a bro-sis bonding😍 Rakhi is the biggest festival in our family and my little girl would make me the treasurer of her everlasting Rakhi fund of £20 smiley37

Many times I hear sad stories of in-laws being torturous and all but thankfully my sister's-in-law are very sweet and they also treat me with lots of love just like their younger sibling. 

Originally posted by: ExoticDisaster

Bond with siblings is like Tom and Jerry, we keep fighting with eachother, but also like Anna and Elsa, we can fight the world for eachother.

We asked the CCs about their relationship with their siblings.

The names are kept anonymous.

There was only one year age difference between me and my younger brother so we were more like enemies than siblings 😆 in the sense that there was lot of sibling rivalry between us. We fought and we played together at the same time. I remember, when my brother suffered from epilepsy and he used to get those attacks I was so worried about him. During our teenage years we started developing different goals and ambitions so that's when distances cropped up. After my marriage I never got to spend much time with him as he used to be busy with his business. He is no more with us and whenever I think of him I only feel regretful as I could never do anything for him in his short life to make him happy and fulfill his dreams. He is always in my prayers and I always wish he fulfills all his dreams and ambitions and stay happy wherever he is. (I am a firm believer of rebirth).

We are two sisters, me and my elder sister (who is four years older than me) who are like one soul distributed in two different bodies. Our bonding has become the strongest throughout the many hardships and challenges we faced together in our lives since childhood. She has been my teacher and always my best friend. If something is going inside my mind, she would communicate the same thing over phone after sometime, and vice versa. The funniest part is that we have even seen the same unusual dream once while sleeping (maybe not in the same day, we got to know it much later while discussing the dream which we could relate to some financial loss happened in our real life) and yeah this happened in reality! Although our personalities are quite different, but our mind mostly works in a similar way. We may fight sometimes among ourselves, but after a few hours, mostly I, being the youngest one would go and say sorry (even if I was not the wrong) to her to sort out the whole matter and behave in the next hour as if nothing had happened. All I can say on this special occasion of world siblings day is that we both are each other's strong pillars of strength and hoping to share more adventures of life together till the last breath of our lives.

My best memory/time with my sibling was when we both did our masters degree at the same time and at the same university in the UK. Our already strong bond strengthened even further during this period and we became literal partners in crime!!

I have an elder sister and a younger brother. As a child, I used to hate them. Literally hate! Because I am the middle child, they used to team up and say that Papa loves my sister the most and maa loves my brother the most smiley6I used to cry a lot. My sister also once told me that I was adopted and my family actually found me in the dustbin in front of the house. I so wanted to beat her then, but she was elder so i didn't. An my brother, he always ate my chocolates. And we used to fight. Even last night we fought because he emptied the water bottle I kept in the fridge. smiley36 

I had reality check 6 or 7 years back when they both went to hostel. My sister for her masters and my brother for college. At first I thought I will enjoy everything alone. There was no one to disturb while watching TV, I won't have to share the computer with anyone. But within a week, I started feeling lonely. My home became silent, so did my life. I didn't have anyone to talk to. I had no one share my day with. I couldn't complaint to anyone what went wring at college today. That's when I realised the real gift siblings are. And whenever they came for holidays, those days became my favorite days. smiley27

We are like Tom and Jerry, we fight, a lot! But can't live without each other.

My relationship with my sister is like KJo's movie title Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. We fight a lot, but we also care for each other a lot. Being the elder one I obviously ended up having a stricter upbringing in comparison to hers and it shows. She is a lot more lax and gets away with stuff, while I get scolded for the same stuff (yes even today). Nonetheless we do love each other a lot. There's many things only I can say to her and get away with it and vice versa. Additionally, we help each other out when we absolutely need it. I'm lucky to have a younger sister (though I could have done without her just fine as well smiley36).

I have very fond memories of our childhood. We are 3 sisters and grew up very closely. 

One memory I recall is how when my parents would go out, my sisters would take advantage and go out for bike rides. And I would be sat at the doorstep waiting for them to return as I didn't know how to ride a bike. It was on this day that they went for a bike ride, and I decided to go for a stroll and came face to face with a dog. 

As expected, instead of standing still, I began running, and the dog came running after me. I was screaming and luckily my sisters had turned into our street and saw me. A neighbour heard my screams and came out to see. He was brave enough to catch the dog and save me,while my sisters tried to calm me down. But me being me decided I was going to tell on them, so I complained to my parents and exaggerated how my sisters abandoned me. They were scolded never to go on bike rides, leaving me alone again. They were annoyed I told them, but we do look back now and laugh over the stuff we got up to.

I will always remember my cousin's cute face when he saw snow for the first time 14 years back. He never saw snow before as he is from one of the poorest countries in the world. My parents adopted him. We played with snow on that day and threw each other big snow balls. 

He was so happy and intrigued. 

I get teary every time I recall of what he had to go through to reach where he is today. 

Siblings can also be by heart not only by blood. 

I love you my little brother. 

Thank you for completing us. We are blessed and honoured to have you in our lives.

What is your favourite memory with your siblings? Share in the thread and don't forget to tell you siblings on this special day how special they are!

nightingale1234 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 20 days ago

Originally posted by: Rsrockz

Wow, those are lovely stories, myself and sisters were very tightly knit since childhood because we had no TV, other entertainment. So always we used to chat wrap around our Amma's sarees from her wardrobe, play houses within our big living room, share our chores pretending neighbours getting stuff for a potluck etc. After my marriage I live in a different country hence not been able to spend time with my siblings but my sisters miss my fashion sense, window shopping trips etc. 

I always miss having a brother hence would always thank god for blessing me a Son and daughter so that I can witness a bro-sis bonding😍 Rakhi is the biggest festival in our family and my little girl would make me the treasurer of her everlasting Rakhi fund of £20 smiley37

Many times I hear sad stories of in-laws being torturous and all but thankfully my sister's-in-law are very sweet and they also treat me with lots of love just like their younger sibling. 

OMG!!!! You are back..Soooo happy to see you here after such a long time.

Missed you so much smiley31

Rsrockz thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 20 days ago

Soo good to see you toosmiley31 I'm active in the IPL challenge 

Originally posted by: nightingale1234

OMG!!!! You are back..Soooo happy to see you here after such a long time.

Missed you so much smiley31