Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 28 days ago

"The point is that among the top 10 female-led openers, there is always some sort of padding that helped the film take a solid box office start but in the case of the three Kareena Kapoor Khan starrers in the list, she has been the biggest star and the USP of those films proving her supremacy."

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Crew not some blockbuster semi hit at best 

Edited by I_M_SultaN - 28 days ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Is it still peak Kareena ? 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

i follow only BOI smiley20 rn its AVG might turn semihit on BOI 

but taran declared tiger 3 gangu n many others hits as well but u had agenda there LMAO 

Edited by I_M_SultaN - 28 days ago
diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Kareena is killing it in this phase of her career. It's crazy to think that she will complete 25 years in 2025, with a prosperous career behind her, and there's no looking back for hersmiley32.

The only other female stars with this much of contiguous longevity were Hema, Rekha and Sridevi.

Hema (1968 debut) had a solid run as a lead actress, but she had to move on to doing mommy roles by late 80s/early90s, by the time she completed in 20 years.

Rekha (1969 debut, 1970 Bollywood debut) was the first to complete the 25 years mark. But the industry was not kind to her in the beginning, and in her later years in the 90s when she was relegated to doing Grade B roles. If only OTT existed back then Rekha would have completed 30 years too, considering she looked terrific during the 90s, and did not move to mommy roles until the 2000s.

Sridevi (1976 adult role debut) also worked for overall 21 years until her retirement in 1997, and she had the most celebrated film career across multiple industries.

Not to mention that these Rekha, Hema and Sridevi actresses did all of this at a time, when Bollywood was organized and not even an "industry". Also, ageism for actresses was at its peak back them.

Actresses having 25+ years of career should've been normal from the start, but better late than never.

PC completed 20 years overall as an actress last year, smiley10 and Katrina completes 20 years in 2024.

I am sure more actresses will follow suitsmiley20 in the coming years.

Tabu also completes 30 years in Bollywood in 2024, with no significant gaps or breaks in-between, but sadly her career is not celebrated like that of a superstar.

Edited by diasingh2 - 27 days ago
behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 27 days ago

No doubt kareena has star power but crew is not some big hit that people are making it to be. it's not like there were three newcomer actresses and they achieved the feat. All 3 are bankable stars. These overpraises are turn off

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

No lie detected.smiley27

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: behindyou

No doubt kareena has star power but crew is not some big hit that people are making it to be. it's not like there were three newcomer actresses and they achieved the feat. All 3 are bankable stars. These overpraises are turn off

And besides the veteran Tabu and rising star Kriti were as much a part, its not as if it was a solo Kareena starter.

Edited by sharaban - 27 days ago