averma4583 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

It had been a few days since Abhira had found out the truth. She had accidentally seen Ruhi’s mandala drawing book where Ruhi had drawn hearts all around Armaan’s name. To further accentuate her point, Ruhi had even written ‘Ruhi Armaan Poddar’. This line of hers cemented all of Abhira’s doubts about the weird dynamics between her husband and her so called devrani.

Abhira felt abandoned and betrayed by Armaan. No, not betrayed in the regular husband cheating on a wife sense, but a distrust in their friendship. So Armaan can tell Ruhi, his chitwali everything about us, yet he can not share that Ruhi was the one he liked with me? I thought we were good friends! Now it makes sense when he said things can not go back normal, because his chitwali got married to his brother. Wake up and smell the coffee Abhira! You are alone and need to forge your path forward. How did Mumma manage alone? She did everything herself apart from being a single parent raising her child. 

On the exterior, Abhira had composed herself, and kept to herself in Poddar Mansion. After finishing her work in the kitchen, she’d take her dinner and eat in a quiet corner of the garden while reading her Mumma's diaries. The diaries gave her strength, and understanding of the multiple facets of difficulties life brings. Through the diaries, Abhira learnt the truth about her maternal family being the Goenkas and how they ousted a young pregnant widow who was their granddaughter for the sake of their spoilt brat great granddaughter. Abhira’s disgust for Ruhi grew paramount knowing she was the cause for her Mumma’s suffering. If Mumma didn’t have to leave, then perhaps Abhir Bhaiya would also have been with them. A silent tear fell out of Abhira’s eyes for the elder brother who was her namesake. 

Manisha Chachi had come to the garden and approached Abhira seeing her alone.

“What happened Abhira? Tum ro rahi ho?” Manisha was genuinely concerned. She had taken a liking to Abhira, especially after becoming suspicious about Ruhi and Armaan.

“Oh no Chachi sa. I just got emotional reading Mumma’s diary. Tell me, did you need anything?” Abhira asked as she plastered a forced smile.

“Abhira, you need to focus on your and Armaan’s relationship beta. I know you are career oriented and that’s something I really admire about you, but don’t neglect your marriage. In a marriage, your partner is your confidant, your friend, your mentor at times, well-wisher and your lover.” Manisha tried to guide Abhira as she had become resentful of Ruhi’s attempts to get closer to Armaan. 

“Chachisa! I wish that in my next life, you become my chachi with whom I get to grow up with. By the way, did you know there’s an amazing new chaatwala near my office? The golgappes are amazing! You absolutely need to try them!” Abhira effortlessly changed the topic with Manisha as they headed indoors laughing.

Soon at her office, Abhira immersed herself in her work. She realized it was better to eat at work and put in some extra hours instead of lamenting over her kismat.  Nahin Abhira, tu kismat ki maari nahin hai. Tujhe toh teri Mumma ne itna kaabil banaya hai ki tu khud apni kismat likhe. Tum woh bechaari types nahin ho Ruhi ki tarah. Plus it allowed her to reduce her time spent at Poddar Mansion,

With time,everything was set in motion. Abhira was able to get a transfer to New Delhi. She filed the annulment application. She had written a series of letters to the Poddar family members as her personalized way of saying farewell. She had omitted writing to Phuphasa and Ruhi for obvious reasons.

On the other hand, Armaan had been conflicted from Ruhi’s persistent advances. He failed to understand what she meant by “beech ka raasta”. Had she been insinuating an affair between him and her? With time, Armaan understood his feelings for Abhira were not limited to those of a dear friend. He had begun to comprehend that his emotions ran deeper. The pangs of jealousy he’d feel when he’d see Abhira’s office mates ogling at her or when Dev Shekhawat praised her work, was unnatural. If she was just a friend, then why these intense emotions. It was his father Madhav, who guided him to realize what Abhira meant for him and his parents.

He was on the moon, and wanted to confess to his bubbly cute accidental wife that he had fallen for her and that he could no longer imagine a life without her sunny disposition. He had made up his mind to tell Abhira how he felt, after wrapping up his case in Munnar. It was  a case involving an old friend of the Poddars, else Armaan would not have even taken a case so far away.

Abhira had in the meanwhile set the wheels in motion. She had written her letters, and neatly placed them on the dining table with her specially made kachoris. It was her final goodbye to this family with whom she had gained the experience of living in a joint family. After breakfast was set, she took her luggage and sat in the Uber she had called.

While Abhira had started her solo journey in life, Armaan with the rest of the Poddars awaited the shock of Abhira’s leaving.The Poddar family was abuzz at the dining table relishing breakfast, when Dadisa questioned Abhira’s absence.

“Ab yeh ladki kahan gayi? Usne khana ko serve karna zaroori nahin samjha?” Dadusa spoke as Ruhi served her the chutneys that Abhira had made.

“She’s probably gone to her office, Maasa. Maybe it was something important.” Kaajal spoke in Abhira’s defense.

“Achha hai, ek tarah se. Chalti phirti affat hai. Thank god humne Ruhi ko chunna tha iss ghar ka hissa banne.” Dadusa spoke.

Manisha grimaced at this. She had long suspected things between Armaan and Ruhi, and seeing Ruhi’s smirk enraged her more. Suddenly, her eyes fell on the beautiful box labeled “After Breakfast”.

Manisha could not hold her curiosity back, and she slowly opened the cover of the box. The box contained letters, and she picked one up, which simply said Dadisa. Manisha was puzzled to say the least. She lightly nudged Manu by by the elbow, and slowly proceeded to take the box closer towards her. Looking inside the box, she found letters addressed to various members of the family; one was addressed to her and Manu. She picked that up and opened to see the letter. She frantically read through the letter as fast as she could. Manu glanced at her and he looked confused, seeing the different emotions flowing on his wife’s face. Manisha had tears in her eyes as she gave the letter to Manu to read. It was a letter written by Abhira to them. 

Suddenly, Kaveri’s eyes fell on her younger son and daughter in law. Seeing they were not eating, she asked them the matter, “Kya hua hai Manisha. Tum log khaa kyun nahin rahe?”

Manisha could barely utter, “Mummysa”, and started to sob.

Edited by averma4583 - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Great start. Look forward to more. Please write more soon. Cant wait! 

Edited by Pinecone - 1 months ago
8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Beautifully written 

Excited to read second part

Fortnight thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Team Critics

So beautiful smiley27

Please continue...

swetha10 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Nice start.. Interesting!!

Curious to know about the letters.. 

do continue soon 

Kalma007 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Looking forward to more! 

I laughed so hard at the mention of the "beech ka raasta"!! smiley37

Cutie pie Abhira: agar biwi aisa T.K.M. hogi, to Aarman Sa ka thoda jealous hona to banta hai! J.K.

Edited by Kalma007 - 1 months ago

Beautiful...Plz don't make us wait long...uplz update soon...

Mayari1 thumbnail

It's beautifully written, can't wait for dadisa's reaction of abhira leaving, please update soon

kavya11234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Can't wait to read next part.. this dadisa and Ruhi are just horrible...  

Neeharika thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Am maza ayega na biduu armaan tarpegaaaaa!!!!!btw really nice story