Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

There are so many contradictions and fallacies within this post, ki samajh nahi aa raha kahan se shuru karein? I mean Aish was good, she had her highs and gave a handful of decent performances. She definitely was one of the first actresses to make a mark overseas - that is her biggest achievement in Bollywood and credit where its due. Everything else in this post is just over-exaggeration of her fame and clout.

1. she was more than bachchan-bahu or Salman's ex. The OP never called her all this. They talked about how she was relevant and gained popularity in Bollywood for being Miss World and for being 'arguably' the most beautiful woman in the world.

2. Dethroned 90s actresses post HDDCS and Taal? Where? Kajol was still numero uno and had way bigger hits in 2000s. If anything she was pushed back and dethroned by the 2000s actresses like Rani, Preity, Kareena who had way bigger Hits, significant roles and critically acclaimed roles than whatever you have mentioned.

3. Mohabatein, Josh, Devdas, Khakee, "Kajra Re" song, Dhoom 2, Guru, Sarkar Raj, Jodha Akbar, Raavan, Robot, Guzaarish - This is a feat that no other 90s debutante has. Kajol has way bigger hits and significant roles than these.

4. Imagine where her career would've been if she did films like ... Classic good for nothing argument. You can say any sort of bs like this. Imagine her career if she did not get endorsements for Loreal ? Makes no sense

5. Agree with the global icon part. Only real thing on this, and that is her only legacy today.

She will be remembered as a global icon for being the "most beautiful woman" in the world and being the first to do a Hollywood crossover (kudos to that).

But she will never feature in the top 5 or even top 10 Bollywood Actresses of all time or even the last 3 decades (which is what the OP was talking about in the first place)

My comment was a copy-paste from other thread.

Aish was never known as the "best" of all actresses but I give credit its due.
She indeed became a solid competition to 90s actresses as won all major awards for HDDCS and Devdas. Her face was everywhere in late 90s and early 2000s.
She indeed suffered from boycott but worked in several major films despite the boycott, that I was trying to list.
Her name was indeed dropped from several films. She indeed was relevant until 2010-end.
And none of her contemporaries are global icons.

Actresses like Smita Patil and Shabana Azmi are stronger actresses than most but their name is never taken in the leagues of Madhubala, Hema, Rekha, Srideve etc while Aishwarya's name is taken with them because there is a difference between a strong actress and a STAR.

So there were no fallacies and the posts and they are all facts that you can verify. I don't have the time to link and share the sources here.

The problem here that people see everything from the eyes of a "hater" or "stan" I like Rani, Kajol, Madhuri etc. All of 'em. And no way I would degrade them to prop-up Aish or vice-verse.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Newbird

First Madhuri was not a real actress

Next Aishwarya was never a real actress.

Next who?

True that.
Just realized that people here are trying to get clout by making offensive posts and riling up people.

I fell for this one unfortunatelysmiley36 but not gonna happen again.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: diasingh2

My comment was a copy-paste from other thread.

Aish was never known as the "best" of all actresses but I give credit its due.
She indeed became a solid competition to 90s actresses as won all major awards for HDDCS and Devdas. Her face was everywhere in late 90s and early 2000s.
She indeed suffered from boycott but worked in several major films despite the boycott, that I was trying to list.
Her name was indeed dropped from several films. She indeed was relevant until 2010-end.
And none of her contemporaries are global icons.

Actresses like Smita Patil and Shabana Azmi are stronger actresses than most but their name is never taken in the leagues of Madhubala, Hema, Rekha, Srideve etc while Aishwarya's name is taken with them because there is a difference between a strong actress and a STAR.

So there were no fallacies and the posts and they are all facts that you can verify. I don't have the time to link and share the sources here.

The problem here that people see everything from the eyes of a "hater" or "stan" I like Rani, Kajol, Madhuri etc. All of 'em. And no way I would degrade them to prop-up Aish or vice-verse.

You are literally doing the same by making outlandish claims like "she dethroned all 90s debut actresses" and what not. Cant really take the high road after going for direct and indirect digs at other actresses to prop up Aish as the Bollywood queen

Even this post is so ridiculous. You need to understand that what Aish-fanatics say are not facts. No one takes Aish's name with Madhubala, Hema, Rekha, Sridevi barring her fandom

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I think the reason why Aish maybe saying she is not getting offers is that maybe she is only getting special appearance roles or cameo and she wants lead roles only. I saw Kajol saying that her peers, women her own age are complaining the fact that they are not getting work but kajol is working on ott so not sure why they are complaining about not getting offers unless they want big budget film opposite big lead actor than that's a different story.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

India has never had a real actress. They have all been androids.

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

India has never had a real actress. They have all been androids.

smiley39

Word Count: 0

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Aish will remain a star irrespective of how good an actress she was/is in people's perception. She may not belong to the female stars of the second half of the 2020ies, but she definitely had two decennies of stardom and will have her place in books about Hindi/Indian Cinema.

It will be the same for Madhuri and Rani and Kajol etc.

All of them have earned their stardom through iconic movies.

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

RaniPreityAish, I respectfully request you stop responding to my topics. Thank you. smiley20

Sparkling_Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

The ironic thing is that apparently Kajol was not happy with the size of her role in MNIK especially in the second half. Maybe this is why KJo felt guilty and got her the Filmfare. Not surprisingly, she was not even nominated at the IIFA Awards for MNIK.

To add to Aish's awards list, she also won an award in the South for playing Nandini in PS-1. Specifically the Ananda Vikatan Cinema Award for Best Female Actor in a Negative Role.

For Sarbjit, she won the Best Actress award at the International Film Festival and Awards of Australia (IFFAA).

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/aishwarya-rai-bachchan-wins-best-actress-award-for-sarbjit-at-international-film-festival-4558040/

Also for Sarbjit, she was a top two contender for the National Award. She was the only Bollywood actress up for consideration.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/malayalam/movies/news/national-film-awards-it-was-surabhi-vs-aishwarya-rai-in-the-final-round-this-year/articleshow/58065304.cms

She has been praised by Beyonce for her acting in Devdas. Tom Hiddleston said Devdas is his favorite movie.

What people don't realize about her role in Mohabbatein was that it was kept a secret. Her image was kept out of all the marketing and promotion to make it a real surprise when she appeared in the actual movie because it was such a big deal that her star had risen so high and now she was starring alongside the two biggest actors of all time, Big B and SRK. Audiences went crazy over her role in Mohabbatein and Yash Raj capitalized on this by changing all the film's promotion to feature her everywhere. Now you can't find a poster or pi toece of merchandise from Mohabbatein without Aishwarya on it, whether the movie poster, DVD, cassette, etc.

Gadar was another film she was first choice for alongside Kajol.

Dostana and Happy New Year were both offered to her first but she refused on both counts so as to not upstage her husband.

Jawan was originally offered to Aish before Deepika (as you've noted in other posts but I'm including here to remind others).

Bhool Bhulaiyaa and Parineeta were both meant for Aishwarya.

Karan has confirmed that he wanted Aish in K3G. He felt obligated to ask Kajol because of his friendship and thought she would say no, due to her marriage, leaving him free to hire Aish but Kajol surprisingly said yes (perhaps upon learning the film role was really meant for Aish!)

Darr was originally meant to debut Aish as well.

And we all know about the Chalte Chalte and Veer-Zaara debacles.

Not to mention Bajirao Mastani which was meant for her and Salman before their breakup.

And let's not forget that the Hollywood epic, Troy, was meant for Aishwarya. She would have starred alongside Orlando Bloom and Brad Pitt, the two biggest heartthrobs of the era during that time, but she refused because she would not come onscreen to portray nudity.

I had no idea about English Vinglish, Fanaa, Koi Mil Giya, and Krrish. What missed opportunities. This shows how much love Sridevi had for Aishwarya since they were very good friends that she wanted her to play the same role but in Hindi. Also you can tell that Sri and Boney Kapoor loved Aish since they also cast her for the item song in Shakti: The Power.

At least with Preity taking the role in Koi Mil Giya, Aish and Preity have always been good friends. Unlike Rani, Preity made sure to ask Aish if she was okay with her replacing her on Veer-Zaara and other movies. Aish had no problem because Preity had the courtesy to check with her friend. From that day onward, the Aish/Rani friendship, once as close as sisters, was broken and now Aish/Preity were besties and continue to be to this day. Very strange behavior on Rani's part to not check in with her best friend over the incident. The same Rani who said she cried for days when she learned that KJo cast Preity in Kal Ho Naa Ho after firing Bebo...and this role was never even meant for Rani in any shape or form. She was that hurt about learning about this news from a secondhand source yet it never dawned on her that stealing her best friend's roles wasn't something she should approach her first about???

Fanaa being taken away from Aish shows how unfair and petty Aamir is. He was still angry that Aishwarya refused to star in his flop film Mangal Pandey, which Rani had no problem coming in, so he took it out on her by forever blacklisting her. He only wanted Kajol because as much as he hated Aish, he hated SRK and KJo more and wanted to rub in their faces that he got Kajol over them in KANK.

Not only is Aishwarya the face of Bollywood and Indian culture in western eyes, she is also one of the few women to be granted the title of the most beautiful woman in the world. In Hollywood, this title was only granted to a few and always Hollywood actresses. In the 1930s, it was Joan Crawford. By the late 30s it was Vivien Leigh. By the 40s it was Hedy Lamarr, Gene Tierney, Linda Darnell, and Ingrid Bergman. By the 50s it was Elizabeth Taylor. And so on and on. By the 2000s, Hollywood was declaring an Indian actress the greatest beauty in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06_M0F-9KPE&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.indiaforums.com%2F&source_ve_path=MjM4NTE&feature=emb_title

At the Olympics, this Bollywood figure skating act was entirely based on Aish songs and movies. Two from Devdas and Kajra Re. She seldom does item songs but the few she's done have been some of the most popular and iconic. Kajra Re is still played in the metros and stations to this day. Meanwhile PC and Bebo kept whipping out dozens of item songs and all flopped and fizzled out immediately.

Once more, it shows that for global audiences and in the international community at large, Aishwarya is the face of Bollywood and India. She is more than just an actress or superstar. In India, she is a cultural figure and pan-Indian icon not seen since the likes of Sridevi. None of her contemporaries can claim this. When that Pakistani cricket player made a slur, he used Aishwarya's name. Why? Because Aishwarya's name is synonymous with India in all regions of India and on a global scale.

So many misleading things in this post. It is filled with lies that Ash PR keeps circulating to hype her up.

But the summary of this long and boring essay is that perpetual victim Aishwarya is a victim in every situation. Everyone in the world is evil and she's the saint and angel who has never lied, used and abused people for her own advantage. Everyone in her life has either destroyed her career, ruined her life, or they're simply jealous of her. Also, she's God's gift to mankind and she's the reason not only India but the world exists.

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Meh she always a horrible actress who was extremely wooden and flat. So whatever