Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: desigal90

As Kareena's fan, I do have to somewhat disagree. I think kareena does have BO pull, but so do Deepika and Kat. For girls though, it depends on the projects they pick. Kareena has a good knack for picking more commercial projects that tend to click and Deepika does too. I think that girls as a multi-cast film have been SEVERELY underutilized. And here we are seeing audience will flock to the theaters to watch an all female buddy film just as they would to an all male cast. I think we would have seen a similar response to Jee Le Zara, but it never got made. But anyway, Crew reviews and so far the advance estimates are https://x.com/Faariiiaa/status/1773367262654714356?s=20

Jee Le Zaara had alia as the biggest draw..no one goes to cinema to see katrina alone..same is for deepika..they are only piggy backing on big stars

As a kareena fan, you should be immensely proud, she is doing solid work, taking risks and those are all paying off very well..

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Deepika, katrina are / were hailed as huge female stars but they cannot even deliver a 4cr opener at the BO on their own names without big stars..their solo movies say it all..

And here we have kareena who gave a 10cr opener with Veere and is looking to hit close to the same number with Crew..that too 6 years later at 43..

It only shows that media perception and ground reality are totally diff..katrina/ deepika may have huge social media following but it is kareena who brings in the crowd in cinemas and on her name alone and she has proved it once again after veere..

So you are going to completely discredit Kriti who I just coming of a hit and the Tabu? I dare Kareena to deliver a hit on her own. Then it would be a fair comparison. 

Edited by loginidran - 3 months ago
cougarTown thumbnail

Originally posted by: loginidran

So you are going to completely discredit Kriti who I just coming of a hit and the Tabu? I dare Kareena to deliver a hit on her own. Then it would be a fair comparison. 

I love tabu. she is my fav..but she doesn't have BO pull..she is the best actor but if crew gets an opening of 10cr..kkk is the biggest pull factor here and no one can deny that..same way how no one did back when VDW released

kriti is having a great year but she is not having much BO pull either..she may after this year though..

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
I think be happy with 7 is what’s predicted  by most more then numbers this movie is to be enjoyed !! 

Edited by wat_up - 3 months ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Jee Le Zaara had alia as the biggest draw..no one goes to cinema to see katrina alone..same is for deepika..they are only piggy backing on big stars

As a kareena fan, you should be immensely proud, she is doing solid work, taking risks and those are all paying off very well..

compare rs's previous movies at box office collection numbers and the movies he did in between to the slb movies he did with dp's box office collection, you'll see the major difference dp's name brought to rs movies. even rs himself in award show said at that time the movies he did with other actresses was flop or was a hit on a small budget collections compare to the dp movies he did with dp which was a huge success. 

anyways I am a huge fan of women centric movies and would like to see actresses like dp and others do commercial films. 

cougarTown thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

compare rs's previous movies at box office collection numbers and the movies he did in between to the slb movies he did with dp's box office collection, you'll see the major difference dp's name brought to rs movies. even rs himself in award show said at that time the movies he did with other actresses was flop or was a hit on a small budget collections compare to the dp movies he did with dp which was a huge success. 

anyways I am a huge fan of women centric movies and would like to see actresses like dp and others do commercial films. 

dude this is going way off topic now but if you give anyone credit in a SLB movie..then thats hilarious..dp and RS should both thank SLB..rather than ranveer thanking dp..it was SLB's name and magic which made their movies work foremost than dp alone..now before you bring saawariya and guzarish..every star whether actor or director has flops..SLB's name was and is always the biggest pull in his movies..the day dp even attempts something like veere and crew and make them work..we will talk..for now..lets enjoy crew's success! peace :)