Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 months ago

They may have evolved, but your comparison for a 15 to 16 K openings are top tier male actors like Srk, Hrithik, Akshay, etc. The day a female opens a movie like Pathaan, Tiger, then we'll talk. Until this, this is all fantasy and utopian. Veere was a solo release; didnt release with any other film. Most men will prefer to go watch Godzilla vs Kong, which btw, broke the records of the last Fast n Furious movie released in India. You think if a film releases with Salman's film it wont get impacted? Come on, that's ridiculous.

Edited by desigal90 - 6 months ago
1279338 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DanceUntilWeDie

I enjoyed it. All 3 actresses were very good. Kriti got a smaller track waise.

Bebo and Tabu were fab.

Loved tripti khamkar as the cop.

Diljit needs to do more serious suave roles. Muah hot.

Same. Very enjoyable and fun one time watch. The night show completely occupied. Kareena edged it slightly for me but all 3 were great. special mention for the female customs officer as mentioned above. Remix/Remakes of Ila Arun tracks also worked.

Since I could't find a thread, posting here for those interested. Aadhujeevitham The Goat Life (Hindi dubbed) - The performances, visuals, cinematography, background score all mind-blowing. 4.5/5. Not for everyone but outstanding movie.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: desigal90

They may have evolved, but your comparison for a 15 to 16 K openings are top tier male actors like Srk, Hrithik, Akshay, etc. The day a female opens a movie like Pathaan, Tiger, then we'll talk. Until this, this is all fantasy and utopian. Veere was a solo release; didnt release with any other film. Most men will prefer to go watch Godzilla vs Kong, which btw, broke the records of the last Fast n Furious movie released in India. You think if a film releases with Salman's film it wont get impacted? Come on, that's ridiculous.

Yeh log kahan opening de rahay hain..they have 250cr budget movies and even then open at 20cr..how much did HR's movie in similar genre (super 30) even open at? Give these girls a 250cr budget and we may see higher opening..till then compare the budgets they get as well..these HR / Akki etc are not giving opening on 200cr movies..let alone one of budget similar to crew..prithviraj opened at 10cr with a 300cr budget..

It is also stupidity to expect crew to open better than veere..that was a much much better time for BO

regardless..a movie featuring 3 actresses and touching 10cr..is a HUGE HUGE feat

These girls opened this at similar levels an HR opened super 30 and an akki opened prithviraj which was a 300cr movie..or a rakhsha bandhan..and let me not even get to endless others like selfie or the one with pari which were at 2cr

I would say invest more money in girls..give them budgets..they definitely have the pull but of course don't expect them to open movies with 30-40cr budget the way these male stars open with 300cr budget..some of these cannot open even with those budgets

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Exactly; i can't believe that despite such a great opening we still have members undermining the film. Come on, I wasn't even expecting this with the lack of promotions and clash with Godzilla vs Kong. This is a huge win, and I'm so proud of these women, including Rhea and Ekta, for pulling this off when even a Shahid Kapoor film with great music is opening to 7 crores.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Yeh log kahan opening de rahay hain..they have 250cr budget movies and even then open at 20cr..how much did HR's movie in similar genre (super 30) even open at? Give these girls a 250cr budget and we may see higher opening..till then compare the budgets they get as well..these HR / Akki etc are not giving opening on 200cr movies..let alone one of budget similar to crew..prithviraj opened at 10cr with a 300cr budget..

It is also stupidity to expect crew to open better than veere..that was a much much better time for BO

regardless..a movie featuring 3 actresses and touching 10cr..is a HUGE HUGE feat

These girls opened this at similar levels an HR opened super 30 and an akki opened prithviraj which was a 300cr movie..or a rakhsha bandhan..and let me not even get to endless others like selfie or the one with pari which were at 2cr

I would say invest more money in girls..give them budgets..they definitely have the pull but of course don't expect them to open movies with 30-40cr budget the way these male stars open with 300cr budget..some of these cannot open even with those budgets

India is a male dominated country. As much as we like to believe otherwise, it’s the men who decide the BO fate of a movie. It is a country where most women still need a man to go to the theater.That’s why we have our male stars growing older and older and female stars getting younger and younger. The industry will never spend that kind of money on a female lead movie, because there is no chance of retrieving that kind of money regardless of the amount of positive buzz it may create. A 250croes on a male lead movie, if works, the returns will be worth their next 3,4 flops.

Edited by loginidran - 6 months ago
1179250 thumbnail

Rocky aur Rani, jhuthi makkar, kisi ka bhai opened in range of 14 crore

10 crore for this movie is great

Edited by Winterberry08 - 6 months ago

Originally posted by: cougarTown

kriti is a solid force to reckon with..she has proved her talent many times and it comes as no surprise to me she held her own

but can she guarantee an opening on her own? Weren’t u saying that Kareena or Alia have more pull? I personally think regarding this movie it’s more on the story and theme that viewers enjoying most lay people don’t sit their judging wow she’s so good etc sometimes u just like the story regardless whose in it. Here the trailer is what sold most to go see this movie then secondly who was in it.

Originally posted by: Winterberry08

Rocky aur Rani, jhuthi makkar, kisi ka bhai opened in range of 14 crore

10 crore for this movie is great

I don’t think the numbers on opening are out yet as movie just released in India

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Saw this film today. Went with so much expectations after trailer. Turned out to be Super Boring.

Tabu had the weakest role, don't know why she said yes. Bebo played herself, perfect cast.

The biggest let down is Kriti, she was given a swagger character & she ruined it perfectly.

Diljit & Kapil were wasted, especially Diljit, bc aisa role hi karwana tha usse.

Kapil's wish to play something other than comedy was fulfilled.

Background score was so annoying coz whole time choli ke peechhe tune was playing, and in last when song actually came, it didn't last.

Dialogues were changed especially all Tabu's one. Why include in trailer if you have to change in film?

Ginti ke 5 bande the hum sab, 2 hum log, 1 door kahin, 2 last mein. Good lesson not to watch these films in theatre.

My Rating: 0.6/5.

I will add ur review to pg 1. I’m surprised u saw it though. Anyhow I will be giving my review soon .
I don’t trust this dude whether he praise or not as he gets bought. As Taran or boi given official numbers ?