Za Jimmy Jabs 6 sezon! Your (small) tour guide for Russia

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Let's talk about the land from where came Susanna's fourth husband

R U S S I A

The trasncontinnental country, Russia holds immense history, from the Cold War to the ties to the English Royal family, it will be a gold mine for history lovers. 

900+ Best Imperial Russia ideas | imperial russia, russia, imperial

I am not the best to talk about tourism (aaj tak apne home state se nikalkar sirf 2 aur states gayi hoon, such is a life of a kangal introvert with Indian parent) but becuase I am made to do thsi post, I thought I should get a kick out of vitual tourism of Russia (thanks to all those blogs!)

Kizhi Island

The Kizhi Island is home to the open-air Museum, but personally, its the architecture of the Kizhi Poghost on the island.

Kizhi Pogost | World Monuments Fund

Lake Baikal

Next up on my list is the world's deepest lake. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world. Also, just wowza!

The pearl of Siberia | Baikal Services

Saint Basil's Cathedral

St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow, with its colorful onion domes again, impressed with it architecture.

Saint Basil's Cathedral, Moscow, Russia | Russian and East European Studies

Mount Elbrus

For those who select Mountains in the Mountains or rivers question, just look at this, matlab sundarta!

Why do so many die on Elbrus, the bane of white-collar novices? - Russia  Beyond

The Black Sea

I am a Sea person, so let's put one of the largest inland seas to the list!

Black Sea - WorldAtlas

Kazan

Now for the place that was declared a thousand-year-old city back in 2013. Tourists flock here to watch traditional folk performances inside the centuries-old Radonezhsky Cathedral

The City of Kazan and Russia's Non-Slavic Future - New Lines Magazine

The Aurora Borealis

This breathtaking natural phenomenon graces the night skies of northern regions, including Russia. Just can someone teleport me to this, this is what I want to look at 24*7!

Aurora - Wikipedia

Tretyakov Gallery

Tretyakov Gallery is one of Russia's foremost repositories of fine art, housing an extensive collection that spans centuries of Russian artistic heritage. I am a Manju Bhai fan but for the rest of you, srelu this is a place to hit!

Tretyakov Gallery - Moscow 2024 | DiscoverMoscow.com

I am sure there is more, but that's all my time. Grabs your tavelling kits, your suitcases, your viisa and passport and your phones to go to this scenic country!

Honestly, I am not a fan of the cold (and wars) and I would love to visit Russia, as I established, its filled with history (but then, which place isn't) and its my favorite Natasha Romonov's birthplace, but most importantly because Shreya made me pick this one, so Shre, please sponsor my trip to Russia (and also of those who comment here saying they want to visit Russia!)

Spasibo!

P.S. did you know that Na zdorovie! doesnt mean cheers, but is on the lines of "your welcome". I discovered something while doing googling, so Ig, thank you Shre for making me google so much that I will be bombarded with trip advises to Russia!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

This is my submission for Jimmy Jabs season 6 Round 3. I was asked to convince you to pack your bags for Russia, and I hope I did. Please do comment if you want to plan a trip to the country nicknamed "The Bear"

Also, I can only tag people who have been active for the last 1 month, and I hope I am not disturbing you. Do help me get to the next round, ciao!

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

This is my submission for Jimmy Jabs season 6 Round 3. I was asked to convince you to pack your bags for Russia, and I hope I did. Please do comment if you want to plan a trip to the country nicknamed "The Bear"

Also, I can only tag people who have been active for the last 1 month, and I hope I am not disturbing you. Do help me get to the next round, ciao!

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Also, I can only tag people who have been active for the last 1 month, and I hope I am not disturbing you. Do help me get to the next round.

ciao!

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

I have my tickets booked. Joining you on the trip by tomorrow 🤟

We'll have a blast 😀

tanvi_mitt thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Let's go!!! 

Always up for a trip smiley2

WaveTeal thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6