Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Nush_Rat

The show itself never entertained me as much as your rhyming did smiley37 smiley37 smiley37 smiley37 smiley37

Can you sense my dil toots in it!  smiley38smiley38

Jokes apart, I remember watching the launch program of Dhruv Tara and Shashi Mittal said they presented this idea to the channel multiple times and got rejected. Only when they added the time-travelling element - the channel approved. smiley26

The channel used to be a synonymous for some pretty epic comedy, now idk what it stands for.

It goes on to show how little the channel and makers bother about the original story and how much they rely on gimmicks. smiley44

If they did get inspired from ideas of this forum, they still needed to present it in a manner that fit story-wise, not to generate meme material! Morever, Dhruv and Tara never got to have a proper love story, because they were too focused on petty things when the build up was required. 

As you rightfully mentioned, I have read discussions and ideas which were more logical and entertaining than the show ever was. smiley20

I was a regular here during that time and I can promise the people here could have written the story better and with more creative liberties that would have helped it to not diminish its potiential. 

And I think it's safe to say not all of the viewers fall for typical gimmicks. For some of us, it's even more important to connect to a character first and then comes the pairing and subsequent rooting. I liked how Tara was originally introduced and had problem with Dhruv's character since the beginning. But instead of doing the damage control, the makers went on to make him even more annoying just to highlight his LUB for Tara. It was childish and sickening to the core. smiley35 smiley35 smiley35

I had pointed this out in jest though I truly meant it from my heart, 17th century Dhruv/Tara and 21st century Dhruv/Tara did not give me the same vibes, and their basic characteristics were altered immensely so after a point, I could not connect with them any more either. If you love someone, you do not give up on them, no matter what happens. It is unfortunate in real life you may not be able to follow through at times due to circumstances or whatever, but in a show, you have the power to resolve plots and could've made it happen! 

The only positive outcome I would say the actors got to experiment a lot and I appreciate their dedication to their craft. Otherwise, I'll be the happiest when this crapfest ends. smiley40smiley41smiley41smiley41smiley40

They were lucky in their casting that they found a wonderful cast to make it watchable for how much ever time each of us endured it for their sake, and it will be good for them to find better opportunities to utilise their talent, and this show to end now.

Edited by dhun.laagi - 1 months ago
aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

The show itself never entertained me as much as your rhyming did smiley37 smiley37 smiley37 smiley37 smiley37

Jokes apart, I remember watching the launch program of Dhruv Tara and Shashi Mittal said they presented this idea to the channel multiple times and got rejected. Only when they added the time-travelling element - the channel approved. smiley26

@Bold- I wonder what the original script was smiley39 I'm not surprised SAB rejected it- without the time travelling part, it'd simply be one of those run-of-the-mill stories we see plenty of on ITV. Maybe Ayesha and Sushi would've have a bigger role to play instead of being abruptly wiped out of existence.

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

@Marron - I can understand and I feel sorry for you but the rhyming was too good to be ignored. smiley36

@Pink - IKR! I remember being apprehensive of this show because SSP was producing it but the only hope I had was the show is being made for SAB. Guess I put my faith in the wrong channel. smiley13

@Green & Blue - Completely agree with you.

@Violet - Now that's an interesting statement. I'd say, I would appreciate if the makers in general tried to be real than giving us the hope that no matter what happens leads will unite at the end. Because I have watched shows which ran for years, leads were hardly ever together but they reunited at the end. I for one could hardly ever cheer for them because when it's too easy to create misunderstanding between two people, do they even love/trust each other?

And also, such shows are what that kind of shaped the mindset of our generation like how you can only fall in love once and it's eternal. 

So you get my issue, right?

But in particular when it comes to being persistent, I totally agree with you. A person should be respectful toward his/her partner's wishes and still can be persistent in a healthy way. But there should be a limit too. It doesn't and shouldn't work when one person is giving his all and the other person is taking him for granted.

I remember I loved the episode in GSMI when the heroine finally verbalized how hurt she was and the hero made sure to ease her pain. Because your love doesn't make you immune to pain. Rather it's the person you love who makes it worthwhile.

@Red - Couldn't agree more. 

Edited by Nush_Rat - 1 months ago
Nush_Rat thumbnail

Originally posted by: aekiel

@Bold- I wonder what the original script was smiley39 I'm not surprised SAB rejected it- without the time travelling part, it'd simply be one of those run-of-the-mill stories we see plenty of on ITV. Maybe Ayesha and Sushi would've have a bigger role to play instead of being abruptly wiped out of existence.

To be completely honest, I would prefer a rather simple story with likable characters than these sort of ground breaking shows. smiley26

That being said, your hypothesis made me go rofl. smiley37

Sushi behaved like a psychopath in the beginning. If they focused on that aspect then God knows how crappy the show would be. smiley24

dhun.laagi thumbnail

@Violet - Now that's an interesting statement. I'd say, I would appreciate if the makers in general tried to be real than giving us the hope that no matter what happens leads will unite at the end. Because I have watched shows which ran for years, leads were hardly ever together but they reunited at the end. I for one could hardly ever cheer for them because when it's too easy to create misunderstanding between two people, do they even love/trust each other? And also, such shows are what that kind of shaped the mindset of our generation like how you can only fall in love once and it's eternal. So you get my issue, right?

I have not mentioned anything about the leads uniting for ever and ever with a happy ending..even in the first post I said they meet, they change each other lives for the better and live with that love in their own centuries. The point is to not take the other person's love for granted, and stepping back very clearly if you feel like you won't do justice to it or giving it your all and then failing. My problem was there was no build-up because of the flaw of the writing of the characters where to glorify one, they destroyed another. My contention is not them not ending up together, it is about creating the *excuse my language* dumbest of situations where they could very well resolve it easily given their OG characters, but dragging it around for no reason, and then altering the story so much that even the audience would not root for the main couple together. Like why even get into that?! Either ways, majority of audience and I am genuinely done with this show now. So congrats to them on that πŸ˜Άβ€πŸŒ«οΈπŸ‘

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Originally posted by: dhun.laagi

I have not mentioned anything about the leads uniting for ever and ever with a happy ending..even in the first post I said they meet, they change each other lives for the better and live with that love in their own centuries. The point is to not take the other person's love for granted, and stepping back very clearly if you feel like you won't do justice to it or giving it your all and then failing. My problem was there was no build-up because of the flaw of the writing of the characters where to glorify one, they destroyed another. My contention is not them not ending up together, it is about creating the *excuse my language* dumbest of situations where they could very well resolve it easily given their OG characters, but dragging it around for no reason, and then altering the story so much that even the audience would not root for the main couple together. Like why even get into that?! Either ways, majority of audience and I am genuinely done with this show now. So congrats to them on that πŸ˜Άβ€πŸŒ«οΈπŸ‘

Hey! Sorry for vanishing again... 😬

About the topic, of course you didn't say anything about DT uniting. But you did say, in majority of the shows leads end up together so the writer should have built the plot properly - my reply was in that context. 

Like you said - it's always about the writing. I read your FF and it was very realistic. Truth be told, I loved your version of Tara. And that's how it should have been in the show as well. But to glorify Dhruv, they literally destroyed Tara.

And as we both agreed, love doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your family or self-respect. Going by the most recent WUs, makers have gone even beyond that.

At this point, even ranting feels like a waste of time.

I have been guilty of watching literal TRASH because of my favorite actors πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ and I'm shamelessly unapologetic about it. 😜😜😜

But DT doesn't even fall under that category. 😑😑😑

So I guess it's pretty much clear how awesome of a job SSP has done here. 🀬🀬🀬

Neutral2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: vibha28

Tara in my opinion never felt for him the same way. She decided she loves him because he told her but like you said first sign of conflict and off she runs - away in the other direction. After their separation Dhruv took care of Tara's mother and we do not know if he in those five years tried to seek out his own family or was he Tara crazy that they didn't matter?

Tara on the other hand gave false hope to the king and lived with him like his wife despite being married to Dhruv. Same Tara who refused to be a pretend wife to Dhruv when she was single and they retroactively showed that it was assumed Dhruv was dead. Why in the holy heck was Tara doing karwachauth's vrat? If the hubby dead already what's the point of the vrat that is supposed to extend his life?

Later on when Dhruv does turn up in new place she for some reason refuses to leave the king. Best thing to do there was to tell the king that her husband is alive and whilst she is grateful for all, its time for her to go - weren't women in that century devoted to their husbands beyond reproach? Instead this Tara decides to show her loyalty for a man who as a king didn't do anything special at all.

@green Tara agreed to pretend wife. Only she didn't want to stay in same room and do false ritual. 

Yes being someone's wife, pretending wife is more wrong when she didn't care to search for Dhruv even once.

@green Tara is pretending Karvachowth in front of King's mother. It is King advise to imagine Dhruv while seeing face.

@blue :- King sacrifice his hand to save Tara's life. It was not his duty as he was not king of Tara. Even Tara was enemy, he took her to his palace, care for 9 month when she was in coma and pregnant. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Hey! Sorry for vanishing again... 😬

It's okay, I did too.

About the topic, of course you didn't say anything about DT uniting. But you did say, in majority of the shows leads end up together so the writer should have built the plot properly - my reply was in that context. 

Point taken. 

Like you said - it's always about the writing. I read your FF and it was very realistic. Truth be told, I loved your version of Tara. And that's how it should have been in the show as well. But to glorify Dhruv, they literally destroyed Tara.

They did not keep anyone's character consistent, and overall just led to detachment of the audience. 

And as we both agreed, love doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your family or self-respect. Going by the most recent WUs, makers have gone even beyond that. At this point, even ranting feels like a waste of time.

Yes, I saw. They had Dhruv lose his mental stability.

I have been guilty of watching literal TRASH because of my favorite actors πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ and I'm shamelessly unapologetic about it. 😜😜😜

But DT doesn't even fall under that category. 😑😑😑

So I guess it's pretty much clear how awesome of a job SSP has done here. 🀬🀬🀬

SSP has really downgraded in their content. Cannot believe they came up with a show like Shubhaarambh and then went from one with wonderful potiential for time travel to literal saas bahu saazish.

Nush_Rat thumbnail

@ dhun.laagi

I think SSP was never that good to begin with. As per my knowledge, the only show they wrote properly was Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya. And even that was a revamped version of their highly controversial show Pehredaar Piya Ki.

Last I watched was Kyun Utthe Dil Chor Aye.

It started off brilliantly with an amazing star cast but they lost the plot midway. The only saving grace for me was the ending which kind of tied all the loose ends and stayed true to the original characteristics of the leads.

I feel SSP always choose complicated concepts but they don't have the proper grip on writing. Which is why the shows become pathetic in no time.

As much as we make fun of Balaji, in my experience as a viewer, it's the only PH that has been able to dish out both simplistic and complicated shows when they wanted to.

Otherwise be it Gul Khan or Rajan Shahi, they are nowhere as good as Ekta.

Some independent low budget PH have given amazing shows but unfortunately those gems go unnoticed by the TRP audience. 😀 😀 😀

Vaidehi49 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Too much of drama in DT

Edited by Vaidehi49 - 1 months ago