Divyanka Tripathi says she ‘blocks’ people who body shame her

Manan_Pani_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Divyanka Tripathi says she ‘blocks’ people who body shame her, has ‘stopped getting on the weighing scale’

Divyanka Tripathi shared that body shaming is a constant thing in her life but she has now found a way to deal with trolls.

Divyanka is one of the most popular names on the Indian television screen and like many of her peers, she, too, has been attacked by those who body shame celebrities via social media. In a recent chat, Divyanka shared that no matter how fit she is, people can’t stop criticising her body and she has now resorted to blocking people on social media.

"Body shaming is constant thing in my life. Because I have a certain body type, very typical Indian body type. I have a pear shaped body, my lower half is bigger than my upper half. Even when I am at my slimmest, people say she’s fat from here,” she shared with Pinkvilla. The actor then shared that even when she was “very slim”, trolls found a way to attack her body. 

"There was a time when I was very slim, people started saying you don’t look nice now. They said chubby cheeks look better on you. Now when I am like this, people say I can’t reduce my weight. Now I just say, ‘Relax guys’. I am into fitness now. I work out daily. I do it for my happiness. It gives me an adrenalin rush. It keeps my body agile,” she shared. Divyanka added, “I have stopped getting on the weighing scale. I block people who body shame me. I don’t think twice about it.

Divyanka Tripathi will soon be seen in the SonyLIV show Adrishyam – The Invisible Heroes, where she stars alongside Eijaz Khan.