mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 months ago

....let it be Laapata Ladies on the big screen. Believe me, you won't regret it.

Rao's direction shines as she masterfully weaves together a narrative that is both entertaining and thought-provoking. The film's feminist themes are cleverly integrated into the storyline, offering insightful commentary on gender dynamics and societal norms, especially for women hailing from the hinterland.

What sets "Laapata Ladies" apart is its strong ensemble cast. Their performances are stellar, breathing life into their characters and showcasing the richness of their cultural identities. Their chemistry and camaraderie on screen are infectious, drawing the audience into their world and making them root for each character's triumphs and tribulations.

With its refreshing take on female empowerment and its ability to spark laughter while delivering poignant messages,it is a must-watch for anyone looking for a dose of entertainment with substance.

I LOVED IT. It's my favourite film of this year so far.

I loved how humour and social commentary go hand-in-hand in this one.

Highly recommended.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

You are making me want to watch this but it is not in my cinema. I may watch on OTT 

mintyblue thumbnail

It will stream on Netflix soon

Karishma700 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 22 days ago

Watched it today & Loved it! Bestest movie of 2024!

RiddlerPump thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Watched it a while back. Superb movie! beautiful and impactful story and amazing performances. Laapata ladies and maidaan best movies of 2024 and glad directors are setting the bar so high. make more movies Kiran rao!

2024 has been a great year so far. crew, fighter, shaitaan, madgaon, merry xmas, etc have liked all minus bmcm

Edited by RiddlerPump - 22 days ago
ImaginativeGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Watched it this weekend on Netflix. Beautiful movie.

So simple and yet so layered with the messages that it wanted to spread on social norms.

It leaved you with a feeling of warmth and happiness. Lovely.

I loved the acting of the  newcomers - specially Sparsh and Pratibha..

RaviKishen had a strong role and did really well - which is expected from him.

Great movie and yes - absolutely recommended.

mintyblue thumbnail

So glad you all loved itsmiley27

A polished gem of a movie, so tender, so sweet, yet such scathing social commentary!

Maroonporsche thumbnail

There’s some from 2023 I need to see lol