Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago

On a different note. The one place Aloo and Ranbir might win a poll on favorite couple is India Forums. Contrary to the public sentiment that they are most hated here. They are the most overrated here. Both as actors individually and as a couple. I mean criminally overrated here compared to any other platform online.

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 6 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Yes, Ranbir-Alia couple isn't accepted the same way the other three are.

As hard as some fangroups may try, it has become obvious that Ranbir's and Alia's relationship isn't a 'healthy' one but based on power-plays inside the relationship.

I don't think that Ranbir is really bothered to show a harmony that doesn't exist but that - in the contrary - Alia still feels the need to project something to the world that just doesn't exist.

I also think that the smiling Ranbir pictures on the occasion of the pre-wedding profited from the good feelings that Ranbir had during those days...he seemed very relaxed to me (except when dancing with Alia on stage)...

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

As hard as some fangroups may try, it has become obvious that Ranbir's and Alia's relationship isn't a 'healthy' one but based on power-plays inside the relationship.

I don't think that Ranbir is really bothered to show a harmony that doesn't exist but that - in the contrary - Alia still feels the need to project something to the world that just doesn't exist.

I also think that the smiling Ranbir pictures on the occasion of the pre-wedding profited from the good feelings that Ranbir had during those days...he seemed very relaxed to me (except when dancing with Alia on stage)...

My point is exactly. Even with all the power they might have in the industry over the other couples. They have not gotten the public or Bollywood moviegoers to accept them as a couple yet. I believe that is an essential element of a power couple.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Grumpy, the forum is a fan/no-fan world...the filmindustry in Mumbai would know...we only assume according to our likings smiley1

When I read about the shooting-news of Brahmastra, I already felt that something not-so-good was happening...and bingo...everything related to Alia+Ranbir in the movie was out of sync - she trying hard to portray a chemistry that did not exist and he inhibited in his acting possibilities...

I think, one shouldn't try to force something out of an only-personal desire...it will backfire... on several levels...and now also an innocent child is implicated...

Edited by Clochette - 6 months ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Grumpy, the forum is a fan/no-fan world...the filmindustry in Mumbai would know...we only assume according to our likings smiley1

When I read about the shooting-news of Brahmastra, I already felt that something not-so-good was happening...and bingo...everything related to Alia+Ranbir in the movie was out of sync - she trying hard to portray a chemistry that did not exist and he inhibited in his acting possibilities...

I think, one shouldn't try to force something out of an only-personal desire...it will backfire... on several levels...and now also an innocent child is implicated...

Unfortunately, that did not teach any other movie makers a lesson. No wonder SLB threw Vicky into the mix! smiley36One of the few people who managed to have magical chemistry with Aloo in Raazi. Now that takes some serious acting talent. I remember there being post here about how magical it really was. Back then when he did not have haters as he was not Katrina's hubby. He was known as a hottie too. smiley36

pyaar ki ek kahani — Raazi (2018)

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5018125

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

That being said please Vicky trim that beard and lose the muscle weight you gained for Chava!

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: Daebak

Forget the article, that image used (the silver part of it) reminds me of the top Natasha "Choonawala" wore to one of the Ambani pre-wedding eventssmiley37

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4GwP8Wr8d9/?igsh=b2Rnd3VyaXd5eWcx

that silver thing smiley36
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

My two cents on this. Even the most powerful people in the world can feel powerless at time. They are powerful perhaps they have a monopoly on choosing their next directors and roles. They can buy awards. They have powerful PRs. But to be a real power couple they have to be liked. That is just not the case they were forced on the public by power. They did not rise because the public liked them. This article shows insecurity about that. Proof around 4 people mentioned them here. I saw a poll about the favorite couple of Bollywood somewhere. Sid-Kiara was first. Vicky Katrina was second. Deepveer was third. Aloo Ranbir was dead last at an embarrassingly low percentage compared to all three other couples. I tried to find that poll but could not find it. But I am sharing this. This article is trying to manifest what isn't there. There chemistry? smiley37 Bramashtra actually flopped. And Gully Boy was with Ranveer-Aloo. And now way are they the audience's favorite couple. This is article shows dead insecurity of that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4ILadNCBUG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4HrIRTSckp/?igsh=MXUycDFxaXA2b2R5dw==

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4IIOnerQjm/?igsh=OTE4NTh6anNubTUx

StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

You don't think so? I think the past few months he has been a try hard as much as Alia.

To FilmFare awards, to the Ambani functions taking her at stage, accepting a SLB movie with Alia, Alia and Karan pushing the narrative he is a good husband etc.

I think it is getting to him that other contemporaries are seen as husband goals, I remember watching a Katrina interview, and the interviewer asked Katrina about her "green flag" husband, before KWK everyone loved Ranveer and how he used to boast about Deepika, I think slowly they are getting the good reputation back. Sid is known as a gentleman, Varun married his childhood sweetheart, Anushka and Virat are goals.

It seems A lister husband is liked more than him in the romance department.

Meanwhile you have Karan asking Alia that Ranbir is a red flag, he has too much history for anyone to accept he is a good husband, rumors' of cheating already started, we gave lots of videos where he shows he doesnt respect women.

I think it is getting to him, the difference is no one is buying what he is selling because of his history with women including Alia.

Deepika and Katrina have memes where it said "they dodged a bullet (Ranbir) trending.

Edited by StacyStyle - 6 months ago