Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Thank you, Raji, for the thread and for tagging me as well. smiley31smiley27

May the best team win today. smiley10

Edited by Viswasruti - 3 months ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Ahead of the match, DC all-rounder Sutherland said, "It was a really good game of cricket, we did well to fight it out to the last ball but didn't go our way. We are looking to bounce back against UP Warriorz."

"I'm looking forward to seeing Marizanne Kapp and Sikha Pandey against their top order with the swinging ball. Hopefully, the ball moves around a bit and makes it harder for their top-order batters," she added.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Both sides met twice last season, with DC coming out on top on both occasions. DC thrashed UPW by 42 runs in their first meeting and then sealed a five-wicket victory in the next! 

The ground of M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru is all set for another thrilling night as Meg Lanning-led Delhi Capitals is all set to go against Alyssa Healy-led UP Warriorz in the 4th fixture of Women's Premier League (WPL) 2024.

Delhi Capitals is looking for their first victory in the tournament after facing a defeat against Mumbai Indians (MI) in a last-ball thriller match on Friday. UP Warriorz will look to start their WPL 2024 campaign with a victory.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Two teams that were involved in two close finishes - Delhi Capitals Women and UP Warriorz will lock horns in todayโ€™s clash at the Chinnaswamy. Delhi were beaten by Mumbai in the first game of the season, while UP were beaten by RCB Women in the second match, but one of them will open their account today. Both of them have some pretty solid players in their respective sides, so todayโ€™s contest should prove to be an interesting one. Stay around for the toss and teams..

Viswasruti thumbnail

Friends, please post scores and important events intermittently. 

Here is the link to follow the match / score--- 

https://www.cricbuzz.com/live-cricket-scores/88445/upw-vs-dcw-4th-match-womens-premier-league-2024

Thanks Raji for the tag n thread. 

Okay madhu di will post scores in between 

Tahlia McGrath, UP Warriorz all-rounder: (On the last game) Little bit disappointing, got into a good position and then could not finish off the game. Lots of positives, lots of individuals stepped up. The highlight for me was the crowd, really cool to be a part of it. We had to speak about it in the team meeting before and we tried to make them quiet. Loudest crowd I have been a part of, very passionate and fun crowd, cannot wait for more of it. The couple of training sessions before we kicked off, it was quite clear the improvement that has taken place. I really enjoyed watching Shweta and the way she goes about her cricket.

Pitch Report: Pitch No.9 is being used. Square boundaries are very skewed, 61m to one side, 48m to the other. 63m hit straight down the ground. Nice, even covering of grass, like it was for the opening game, although this track seems a little drier, reckons Mel Jones. Looks like a great pitch, overall.

Toss time. Healy and Lanning, long-time Australia teammates, are out in the middle. Healy gives it a spin. Delhi Capitals win the toss and elect to bowl first.

Rosyme thumbnail

Rajasthan Royals

DC won the toss and chose to bowl.