Pete15rogmourey thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

The plot has been predictable but somewhat good so far.......but why is the forum abandoned? The show started 6 days ago and not even a single thread has been created.....anyway don't know how long I'll stick to watching the show cause the PH of this show has been a bit disappointing with their shows of late ; 

WKD became too preachy and Srinivas's toxic parenting has been justified so horribly

Pushpa impossible stopped being about Pushpa's education a year ago

Hope that this show does not lose it's plot midway during the show so that the veiwers can enjoy the show to the fullest 

The cast of this show are wonderful so hope the show runs successfully and let their talents get recognized....

Edited by Pete15rogmourey - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

agreatwcr thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 6

Glad that we have another common forum smiley37

Yups. The forum seems dead but I guess the forum got opened like yesterday or todaysmiley23

The cast is good and so far the show has been good even though very predictable for our taste (I have forgotten how to watch predictable shows nowsmiley37). I hope they live up to the quality for a good 100-150 episodessmiley42

Originally posted by: agreatwcr

Glad that we have another common forum smiley37

Same , but idk how long I'll stick to this show

Yups. The forum seems dead but I guess the forum got opened like yesterday or todaysmiley23

Yeah the forum was created yesterday cause i didn't see this forum under the SET section before that

The cast is good and so far the show has been good even though very predictable for our taste (I have forgotten how to watch predictable shows nowsmiley37). I hope they live up to the quality for a good 100-150 episodessmiley42

Yeah the cast is really good....I'm waiting for the entry of ML's dad character....yesterday's precap showed that he's a powerful person who has a reputable image in the society and his public image is that he's against dowry system....it will be tough for the characters to expose his true self

Edited by Pete15rogmourey - 2 months ago
A4Anjie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

I liked the show, cast..... but storyline ??? is this dowry still exists ??

I am from the same town they chose in the showsmiley4 - since ....1970 (previous generation weddings) I have not seen or heard any dowry taken or given in society/town!!!! 

Yes - after wedding ... sasural ask for money in some cases .... that too in under educated and rural ...society - about 1-2 % of the population.

Edited by A4Anjie - 2 months ago

Originally posted by: A4Anjie

I am from the same town they chose in the showsmiley4 - since ....1970 (previous generation weddings) I have not seen or heard any dowry taken or given in society/town!!!! 

Yes - after wedding ... sasural ask for money in some cases .... that too in under educated and rural ...society - about 1-2 % of the population.

I posted the same thing in Vanshaj GDT 5 after i saw the launch promo..... where I'm from dowry doesn't exist ( atleast in my family can't vouch for the whole damn city)

This topic really did feel outdated for me....this would've been something novel in early 2000's but this sure feels outdated

agreatwcr thumbnail

Originally posted by: A4Anjie

actually nowadays families do exchange dowry in the name of "gifts"

Quite personal but even in my maternal family my aunt got recently married and we had to give all the necessary goods like A.C., bed, almirah etc in the name of "gifts" given to the daughter. So yes it is still in practice but the name has changed. Nowadays no body asks for dowry. Girl's parents give away that as they assume it as their "duty"smiley1

actually nowadays families do exchange dowry in the name of "gifts"

Quite personal but even in my maternal family my aunt got recently married and we had to give all the necessary goods like A.C., bed, almirah etc in the name of "gifts" given to the daughter. So yes it is still in practice but the name has changed. Nowadays no body asks for dowry. Girl's parents give away that as they assume it as their "duty"smiley1

Gifts? smiley3

I'm familiar with this but AC and Almirah? 

agreatwcr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

Gifts? smiley3

I'm familiar with this but AC and Almirah? 

Yeah. Not just that they also gave her a T.V and a washing machine along with other small kitchen appliances. They didn't allow us to question it and silenced us saying we had no say in it and that they were just "gifts" for the daughter and every family has to do thatsmiley11

Yeah. Not just that they also gave her a T.V and a washing machine along with other small kitchen appliances. They didn't allow us to question it and silenced us saying we had no say in it and that they were just "gifts" for the daughter and every family has to do thatsmiley11

This did not happen in any of the weddings in my family

agreatwcr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

This did not happen in any of the weddings in my family

Actually people in Odisha are quite conservative. Especially the older generation. Sadly, Odisha is not a very commonly known state for majority of Indians so the society here is somewhat backward in it's perspectivessmiley1