Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I don't know, for all we know Tanya could be a fan of Madonna and that song too. Like I said, I didn't even know she was a Madhuri fan because she spends most of her time venting about what she hates here rather than applauding what she likes.

You seem civil enough though that outside of a few inflammatory posts, I do enjoy reading your content so I just hope I'm not being fooled again.

smiley20

he’s not Tanya. He’s Gaurav my friend, harmless. I swear 

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I don't know, for all we know Tanya could be a fan of Madonna and that song too. Like I said, I didn't even know she was a Madhuri fan because she spends most of her time venting about what she hates here rather than applauding what she likes.

You seem civil enough though that outside of a few inflammatory posts, I do enjoy reading your content so I just hope I'm not being fooled again.

smiley20

By the way, do you like Madonna?  She is so brilliant, loved her career.

She reinvents herself with each song and wasn't a great actress.

But her role in Evita beats everything Katrina Kaif ever did.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

This account I know for sure is Tanya.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

This account I know for sure is Tanya.

most likely but not the op 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: fazgostoso

By the way, do you like Madonna?  She is so brilliant, loved her career.

She reinvents herself with each song and wasn't a great actress.

But her role in Evita beats everything Katrina Kaif ever did.

She's a bit before my time but I do like her music.

She wasn't an actress though. And frankly, her role in Evita was pathetic. Read what Patti LuPone said about Madonna. Patti was the original stage actress for Evita and won the first of her 3 Tonys for her performance.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/entertainment/patti-lupone-madonna/index.html

The venerable actress had some harsh words for the material girl during her Tuesday night appearance on “Watch What Happens Live.”

She cut loose after a caller inquired as to whether she and Madonna had ever discussed their “two iconic performances as Evita.”

“Madonna is a movie killer,” LuPone said. “She’s dead behind the eyes. She cannot act her way out of a paper bag.”

“She should not be in film or on stage,” she said. “She’s a wonderful performer for what she does, but she’s not an actress.”

So I do think it's funny that you compare Madonna to Katrina because Katrina at least because a huge star in India as an actress. Madonna's movie career is widely considered a joke in America and she's never once received an Oscar nomination. Cher has won an Oscar for acting, Lady Gaga has been nominated for an Oscar for acting, etc. but Madonna, despite her best attempts, never even came close. So while you may have some arguments about Katrina being a non-actress, you lose all credibility by comparing her to Madonna and making Madonna out to be the winner.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

he’s not Tanya. He’s Gaurav my friend, harmless. I swear 

I can believe he's not Tanya and that he's Gaurav, your friend, but some of the posts Gaurav writes on here are so inflammatory that I am not sure harmless is the word I would use to describe him. smiley2

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

She's a bit before my time but I do like her music.

She wasn't an actress though. And frankly, her role in Evita was pathetic. Read what Patti LuPone said about Madonna. Patti was the original stage actress for Evita and won the first of her 3 Tonys for her performance.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/entertainment/patti-lupone-madonna/index.html

The venerable actress had some harsh words for the material girl during her Tuesday night appearance on “Watch What Happens Live.”

She cut loose after a caller inquired as to whether she and Madonna had ever discussed their “two iconic performances as Evita.”

“Madonna is a movie killer,” LuPone said. “She’s dead behind the eyes. She cannot act her way out of a paper bag.”

“She should not be in film or on stage,” she said. “She’s a wonderful performer for what she does, but she’s not an actress.”

So I do think it's funny that you compare Madonna to Katrina because Katrina at least because a huge star in India as an actress. Madonna's movie career is widely considered a joke in America and she's never once received an Oscar nomination. Cher has won an Oscar for acting, Lady Gaga has been nominated for an Oscar for acting, etc. but Madonna, despite her best attempts, never even came close. So while you may have some arguments about Katrina being a non-actress, you lose all credibility by comparing her to Madonna and making Madonna out to be the winner.

Wow, I am so impressed with your Madonna research.  Madonna did win the Golden Globe for her acting in Evita.  Evita was a commercial success and Don't Cry For Me Argentina is a masterpiece.  Katrina is a non-actress and never impressed me.  Anyway, Madonna has nothing to prove and is a legend.  

smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: fazgostoso

Wow, I am so impressed with your Madonna research.  Madonna did win the Golden Globe for her acting in Evita.  Evita was a commercial success and Don't Cry For Me Argentina is a masterpiece.  Katrina is a non-actress and never impressed me.  Anyway, Madonna has nothing to prove and is a legend.  

smiley36

Golden Globes have no value. They are considered joke awards that the industry gives each other. So Madonna winning the Golden Globe is just a bigger sign that she is not considered a legitimate actress. Evita was the role she was hoping would establish her as a real actress and get her at least an Oscar nomination but she couldn't even get that.

And if we're considering Evita a commercial success to be a sign that Madonna was good in it, let's look at all of Katrina's biggest hits because she's tied with Deepika at the top with the highest grossing movies. So box office success does not make one a good actor. Madonna may have nothing to prove as a singer but she's proven she has absolutely no acting chops and even bringing up Don't Cry For Me Argentina is just a reminder that she can sing but not act. 

Another example of a legend who can both act and sing is Liza Minnelli, who won the Oscar for Cabaret. 

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 9

What is this topic about? I forgot! Oh yeah,the thread is about is it tanya or gauravsmiley36

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Why do you dislike Katrina so much? Madhuri is 56. And no she does not look younger than Kat smiley5