Edited by naaznin - 5 months ago
NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: naaznin

Pta nai kon si vocabulary haismiley36

Snowflake is used for an individual who gets triggered easily

NoraSM thumbnail

There are so many memes smiley37 and I feel so bad for people involved but I am laughing at everything since the news broke

I am definitely going to hell

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Snowflake is used for an individual who gets triggered easily

Oh oksmiley36

Dirdam thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I’m only answering this question and not getting into a theology discussion.  

The answer is no because when a woman gets pregnant she won’t know who the father is. These rules were set 1400 years ago so DNA and paternity testing wasn’t a thing.  

Men were given permission for for four wives because after a specific battle a lot of men were killed and a lot of women and children were left without support. So it was decreed by Allah that men can take more than one wife as a financial and societal (again 1400 years ago) solution. Treating all the wives equally and justly is the main stipulation of this rule.  

Unfortunately with time Muslim men forgot the reasoning and rules behind this and started abusing it for their own benefits. 

By Allah? 🙃 That Allah is Yaveh/Yaviah/God same God of Jews and Christians (The God of Abraham) and sorry but My God never said u can marry 4 women.., in Bible and Torah is forbidden the Polygamy for both u only can marry one time in Church u will never see a Jewish or Christian men with 2/3/4 wives.God gave to Adam only 1 Eve not 4 Eves..Matthew 19:4-5.

Edited by Dirdam - 5 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Dirdam

By Allah? 🙃 That Allah is Yaveh/Yaviah/God same God of Jews and Christians (The God of Abraham) and sorry but My God never said u can marry 4 women.., in Bible and Torah is forbidden the Polygamy for both u only can marry one time in Church u will never see a Jewish or Christian men with 2/3/4 wives.

Yes, Allah is god.  The same god of Jewish people and Christians.  I used the word Allah because I was speaking about Quran and Islamic law. But you are correct and technically I didn’t need to say Allah. 

There are definitely Christian men (very small group) even today who practice polygamy in America. It is just a religious marriage. Legally and in court documents only one wife is his wife. But within their church the man has more than own wife.  

If I’m not mistaken the Bible does mention having multiple wives:

many important figures had more than one wife, such as Esau (Gen 26:34; 28:6-9), Jacob (Gen 29:15-28), Elkanah (1 Samuel 1:1-8), David (1 Samuel 25:39-44; 2 Samuel 3:2-5; 5:13-16), and Solomon (1 Kings 11:1-3).

Anyway, I already broke my own rule of not engaging in a theological discussion, I’m out ❤️

Dirdam thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Yes, Allah is god.  The same god of Jewish people and Christians.  I used the word Allah because I was speaking about Quran and Islamic law. But you are correct and technically I didn’t need to say Allah. 

There are definitely Christian men (very small group) even today who practice polygamy in America. It is just a religious marriage. Legally and in court documents only one wife is his wife. But within their church the man has more than own wife.  

If I’m not mistaken the Bible does mention having multiple wives:

many important figures had more than one wife, such as Esau (Gen 26:34; 28:6-9), Jacob (Gen 29:15-28), Elkanah (1 Samuel 1:1-8), David (1 Samuel 25:39-44; 2 Samuel 3:2-5; 5:13-16), and Solomon (1 Kings 11:1-3).

Anyway, I already broke my own rule of not engaging in a theological discussion, I’m out ❤️

Have u read the part about Sodom and Gomorrah? There u see God's response to the polygamy of men.And yes, there are always men who cheat and have double lives but neither the Church nor the Synagogues are going to let u marry for second time.

Nothing has changed since then but everyone will pay for their sins ☝ no matter what. God only tests us all the time.

Romans 1:26-32

Edited by Dirdam - 5 months ago