Frequent Posters

BBOTT thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

BBOTT thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

BOLLYWOOD-CONFESSIONS

FIGHTER REVIEW: NOT GREAT BUT GOOD ENOUGH!

After watching the movie in the cinemas, I finally caught the movie on NETLFIX on 21st of March, and felt it was time to review this movie.

This movie has all my favourite people. Everyone knows I have been a big Hrithik Roshan fan, and in recent times I have been in love with Karan Singh Grover (KSG).

It was fun to see them together!

However, I really wish this casting happened a bit sooner. When I was at the peak of the obsession of both them. That would have been so much fun.

The movie starts off simple. But dips a little in screenplay with the extensive dinner sequence, which in my head made no sense. Fat shaming two women who were trying to have their biryani is not what I expect of a 21st century Bollywood movie on Air Force Pilots.

Later, the makers establish the bond of the Air Force Pilots while “HEER AASMANI” plays!

This sequence is effective. And I felt there was a need to have our very own DESI movie based on Air Force. Especially since they do a commendable job in keeping India safe.

Later there are a sequence of events in which Hrithik Roshan’s character (Patty) is more concerned about showing his superiority; showing people down and the movie proving a point that everyone is inadequate apart from him in this team.

Not only Patty is obsessed with being arrogant and not following protocol; his whole team is about enabling him; especially KSG’s character Taj. The only voice of reason in the whole movie is Anil Kapoor’s character Rocky who has the guts to call a spade a spade. But that does not stop Patty from pouting and acting like a useless victim.

The movie goes on to show some more bonding sequences and some romantic scenes between Patty and Mini (Deepika); but in vain, as these two for some reason could not establish any chemistry according to me.

I did enjoy their dream song sequence though; it was a nice detour, I liked their aesthetic bodies and costumes. The audio had a nice early 2000s vibe to it which was enjoyable.

Later the movie takes a serious turn by showing the PULWAMA attack. And from here the movie became way too anti-pakistani and jingoistic. After this the movie became dead for me, apart from the the air sequences and the very aesthetic “SHER KHUL GAYE” nothing is there to write home about.

What works for the movie?

Good Actors, Good looking faces, Good songs, really good background score, especially the score: VANDEMATRAM, which hits you in the feels every time it is played.

What doesn’t work for the movie?

jingoism, lack of a screenplay and chemistry, Hrithik Roshan’s character having no character growth whatsoever. Even by the end of the movie he doesn’t take ownership for his actions; instead the movie and his character are still hell bent on proving that all mistakes are fine if you are the “best” at what you do.

Performances:

Hrithik could have done better. Anil Kapoor’s character made sense and he did complete justice to his character. Deepika had nothing much to do and was wasted. Karan Singh Grover was good with whatever he was given.

Overall:

I would give this movie 3.5/5. It is watchable, and in recent time with such terrible movies coming out this one sticks out as a decent flick.

Edited by BBOTT - 1 months ago