Views

Users

Frequent Posters

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thriller Tribe

Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

In what world is Vicky Ugly & Ranveer a heart-throb. They're both about in the same range when it comes to looks. 

It's all about perception. What Vicky needs to do is play a Rich guy. It might sound stupid but the human mind automatically relates Poor = Ugly, Rich = Good looking. Vicky is stuck in Cinematic Poverty at the moment, he needs some superficial directors to get him out. smiley36

Don't know about that mate, Akki played gareeb in Hera Pheri and he looked drop dead gorgeous..as always. 

Has he never played a rich guy?

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: carisma2

No doubt,  I've heard he's very good in Dunki, from the trailer itself it looks like he has an interesting role.  

By star qualities, I'm here basing it on screen presence and performance,  in line with the article. 

The reference article and my reference is regarding their scene together just in this part, that's the bit the article is based on.  However for comparison, he doesn't hold a light to Bira, that's for sure. But in general, I had learnt he's a good performer. 

Outside of the article, if we discuss personality,  then I will never undercut someone on their due, he had a nice personality,  very respectful. 

But so does Bira, why is the same generosity and appreciation not extended to him a lot of the time.  

Infact for most part of my time here I have experienced a negative echo chamber, when in my unbiased observation I've found him to be quite different and misunderstood. I'd like him to recieve his due too. 

He actually worked for Bensali and finally got a movie,  he did not get favoured, he worked hard and didn't recieve special treatment or use Nepo power.  

That's why I like him even more.  

In general individual analysis,  but guys are considered stars. 

Just the way Kaushal performed better or stole the show in Dunki for example, won't take away anything from SRK, in that same manner.  

Like in Brothers,  I preffered Sids performance over Akshays.  Akki was great, but in this movie I found Sid to have given his best performance till that date.  

But in the video above,  I find the level in that scene to have a huge gap between the duo in performance.  However some will feel the opposite. It's down to own perception and in mine for this scene, I agree with the source. 

well ranbir always had that advantage. He is related to Raj Kapoor. Working with Bhansali is a big thing too. Out of so many AD he got to be one. So that was his advantage. Off screen personalities you cannot compare Vicky to Ranbir. A big difference. He did irritated Anushka and she did not liked his job and same with Jagga jasoos promotion. Today ranbir is a different person because he is a father now. As he himself said he has given up smoking and drinking. On social media people called him red flag after Alia revealed wipe it off and lowering the voice. Even though that is now he meant according to Alia in kwk. 

And I am very happy ranbir is getting his true success that he was waiting since saawariya days. That is about 15 yrs. For me Vicky is unique, superstar. I hope he does comedy movie soon. He will shine as he been in all of his movies.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Vicky IS star material

Watch Sam Bahadur

He is soooooo goood in itsmiley27

He gets into the skin of every charachter

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thriller Tribe

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Vicky IS star material

Watch Sam Bahadur

He is soooooo goood in itsmiley27

He gets into the skin of every charachter

I'm not generally questioning him.  That's the title of the article. 

I'm sure Vicky is very good at his work.  

This is about GSU, this scene.  

And from my end... I do find Bira better than him in this scene and generally overall. 

I will watch Sam.Bahadur, it's on my list when it hits on Netflix or Prime give me a nudge.  

Bekind,  I'll reply to you tmrw hun, imma gonna sleep for a while now and need to check on one detail before I write back.  smiley27

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Reddit topic. Closed.