Favorite Actress Performance in a Negative Role - Page 8

Poll

What is your Favorite Actress Performance in a Negative Role?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Kajol is the one who made it trendy, and her performance was amazing I didn’t see it coming. I also liked Ash in Khakee - I didn’t see that coming either. 

Priyanka in Aitraaz was good too but just seemed like she was horny.  I am surprised Kareena does not have any good negative roles, she seems like she’d be good at it  

I agree with the PC part, I mean she was good in that film but in half the scenes she acted like she was getting an orgasm or something.

infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nostalgia-02

I'm picking Kareena Kapoor in ''Fida.'' I've watched that movie. smiley36

I love that film. It’s grossly underrated IMO.

infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

It's a 'negative character' if it's not well written. Filmfare scrapped the category for a reason. A solid character comes with layers and shades. Cersei Lannister, she's this cold, sinister, genocidal murderer, yet you find yourself feeling for her and even cheering her on. Or someone mentioned Tabu in Haider - I wouldn't even label her as a negative character. Sure, she cheats on her husband with his brother, but then there's this love for his son and the lengths she goes to protect him, sacrificing herself and her lover. Most options here are badly written characters, but the actresses managed to do them justice. 

People have cheered for someone as negative a character as Cersei? That’s news to me, for as far as I know, she is one of the most hated characters of GOT. 

infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

It's my favorite performance of hers and I think it's the film that really cemented that she is a serious actress and around to stay. It's so funny that Bebo took the good girl role thinking audiences would accept her and hate Priyanka's character but Priyanka got all the accolades and praise. No one even thinks about Bebo when they think of this movie. Put her next to a strong actress and she completely dissolves.

https://www.indiatoday.in/movies/bollywood/story/how-priyanka-chopra-took-bollywood-by-storm-with-aitraaz-on-this-day-in-2004-throwback-thursday-1740418-2020-11-12

Even Bebo was good in that film IMO.

rickyproctor27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Deepika needs to try playing a negative role now. She'll certainly be able to pull it off unlike "baby-face" which is the one point I'll concede to you(s).

Though not an out and out villain, I think Veronica in Cocktail had a lot of grey in her character and its by far 1 of her 3 best acting performances along with Piku and Tamasha where she is completely in the character. 

Refraining from getting in to an Alia debate but she was pretty horrible in Heart of Stone.

Edited by rickyproctor27 - 4 months ago
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Urmila followed by Priyanka. 

Kajol is way too over rated for Gupt. 

Come to think of it, only in the last 10 minutes her villanious and negative side was visible in Gupt, but in 95% of the film she visibly played a positive giggly role despite been a villain...

So Gupt as per screen time should not even be considered her full fledged negative role as she has shown her performance in a negative role only at the LAST TEN MINUTES OF THE FILM and it was nothing exceptional as well acting wise.... it's just that she got the benefit of the twist at script level, but hardly shown a negative performance as per the demand of her role which was revealed only at the end of the film, unlike other actresses who PERFORMED a FULL FLEDGED negative role during their entire screen time. 

WHO ELSE AGREE? 🤔 

rickyproctor27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

People have cheered for someone as negative a character as Cersei? That’s news to me, for as far as I know, she is one of the most hated characters of GOT. 

Yes, I find this surprising too. I despised her character and just wanted Dany/Drogon to burn her alive. But that's also testament to Headey's performance as Cersei. Mindblowing acting.

rickyproctor27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

Urmila followed by Priyanka. 

Kajol is way too over rated for Gupt. 

Come to think of it, only in the last 10 minutes her villanious and negative side was visible in Gupt, but in 95% of the film she visibly played a positive giggly role despite been a villain...

So Gupt as per screen time should not even be considered her full fledged negative role as she has shown her performance in a negative role only at the LAST TEN MINUTES OF THE FILM and it was nothing exceptional as well acting wise.... it's just that she got the benefit of the twist at script level, but hardly shown a negative performance as per the demand of her role which was revealed only at the end of the film, unlike other actresses who PERFORMED a FULL FLEDGED negative role during their entire screen time. 

WHO ELSE AGREE? 🤔 

Get your point. But she was quite good in the last 15-20 minutes after the reveal. I would also alternatively look at it saying all the while she was playing something she wasn't which is apparent in some of her interactions with Manisha in the movie. (the restraint on her deviousness). 

But I agree that the script and how the film became iconic has added more to the aura than just her acting as discussed before. Purely on performances Urmila ranks higher easily. 

Edited by rickyproctor27 - 4 months ago
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Priyanka was even better in Saat khoon maaf compared to Aitraaz which was also a good performance. 

rickyproctor27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

Priyanka was even better in Saat khoon maaf compared to Aitraaz which was also a good performance. 

You're right! She was terrific in 7 Khoon Maaf. I may be wrong but she won Best Actress Critics for it, right?

Would you classify her as a negative character though? From what I remember, she is genuinely looking for loving relationships right? She ends up marrying horrible men who abuse her in multiple ways which leads her to getting them bumped off. I guess those acts in themselves make her negative. But it's an interesting question. Guess where we draw our moral lines would define how we classify her role?

Btw- I am not sure many have watched it but Revathy in Raat is the scariest and most amazing performance I have seen in that genre in Bollywood.